Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to investing - stuck with ordering online, tips requested

Quote Originally Posted by John Scarritt View Post
    Advice on what NOT to do
    No expert here but know a little. Precious metals are a good investment particularly when the government is printing money. One of the keys is the reliability of the dealer you use, particularly if they bill themselves as traders on your behalf. One in particular to avoid is BROADSTREET METALS and J.T. Beckerman, the owner. I invested $20,000 with him and he lost it in a matter of weeks. He also "guaranteed" I would make money with the promise that if my account did not have more than originally invested in one year he would refund the full amount (run, do not walk to the exits if you hear that one). The very first thing he did was collect $7,500 in commissions right off the top. There are words to describe J.T. and his company, but none that are publishable here. Caveat Emptor.
    anytime you see/hear there is a "guaranteed" profit on ANY investment you don't even look into it, you just run the other way-fast.

Quote Originally Posted by John Scarritt View Post
    Advice on what NOT to do
    No expert here but know a little. Precious metals are a good investment particularly when the government is printing money. One of the keys is the reliability of the dealer you use, particularly if they bill themselves as traders on your behalf. One in particular to avoid is BROADSTREET METALS and J.T. Beckerman, the owner. I invested $20,000 with him and he lost it in a matter of weeks. He also "guaranteed" I would make money with the promise that if my account did not have more than originally invested in one year he would refund the full amount (run, do not walk to the exits if you hear that one). The very first thing he did was collect $7,500 in commissions right off the top. There are words to describe J.T. and his company, but none that are publishable here. Caveat Emptor.
    What would possess you to invest money with someone who doesn't provide a physical address?