Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Gold Manipulation now Making it to Mainstream Media - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gold Manipulation now Making it to Mainstream Media

Tom, I think Shelley is just teasing you.....

If he is what he claim to be ( long time market participant/trader) than unless he's blind or just plain ignorant, he sure sees it, I think he just has fun from some of us arguing with him...

You know, like Roger-Duney used to do...

Anyway, it is all just fun in chatroom....

Quote Originally Posted by tom1000000 View Post
    Shelley,
    You never replied to the post where it was pointed out BIS openly advertised their "gold intervention": http://forums.silverseek.com/showthr...rket-is-rigged
    I guess you can't make up stupid excuses for that piece of evidence.
    Also you haven't read the article - or maybe you could provide an explanation of the following:
    1) Silver also had a "fat finger" trade at almost the same time. Maybe the fat finger is really clumsy?
    2) According to the WSJ: "The collateral required to purchase 7,500 contracts is about $75.9 million in cash that the trader would have deposited with his broker.". So who has a spare $75 million lying around?
    Shelley, your credibility has to be questioned.
    Kind of hard to pay serious attention to GATA stuff. That is a forum and group known for kicking out anyone who says anything that they don't want to hear. I guess if players bigger than you or me talk about trading, some people will always call it "rigging" the market, and the rest of us just have to admit that we are mice on a savannah full of raging elephants and accept our lot in life.

1. Maybe you should read up on what the term "fat finger" means. Yes, it does refer to something really clumsy.
    2. There are no official margin requirements for a day trade. Margins are only required after the closing bell. What a brokerage house expects from their traders in the middle of the trading session is between the two parties. That WSJ sentence would qualify in the journalism world as "content", or more to the point, filler. And there are loads and loads of players in the world who have a spare 75 million lying around. Eye opening reality, don't you think?

I guess to you, that would make me 'incredible'?

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Shelley View Post
    Kind of hard to pay serious attention to GATA stuff. That is a forum and group known for kicking out anyone who says anything that they don't want to hear. I guess if players bigger than you or me talk about trading, some people will always call it "rigging" the market, and the rest of us just have to admit that we are mice on a savannah full of raging elephants and accept our lot in life.

1. Maybe you should read up on what the term "fat finger" means. Yes, it does refer to something really clumsy.
    2. There are no official margin requirements for a day trade. Margins are only required after the closing bell. What a brokerage house expects from their traders in the middle of the trading session is between the two parties. That WSJ sentence would qualify in the journalism world as "content", or more to the point, filler. And there are loads and loads of players in the world who have a spare 75 million lying around. Eye opening reality, don't you think?

Yes Matty. This is why futures should be limited to perishable goods. Not metal.

Quote Originally Posted by wdwexe View Post
    Yes Matty. This is why futures should be limited to perishable goods. Not metal.
    What you suggest would prevent abuse.
    Won't happen.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Quote Originally Posted by wdwexe View Post
    Please explain what your comment has to do with the conversation.

Shelley, you are making yourself look really dodgy.
    You make negative claims about GATA without a shred of evidence. If you want to make negative claims about someone or something, at least provide some evidence.
    The fact is BIS have engaged in gold intervention. GATA actually provide evidence, all you can do is provide lies and misdirection.

Shelley, a "fat finger" is defined by the Wall Street Journal as.... "an input error". This could be a human input error or a computer error.
    For the human scenario: Apparently, there was a trader who made a huge mistake for a gold trade. Then miraculously there was another huge mistake for a silver trade at almost the same time. What a coincidence.
    For the computer scenario: Apparently, there is a computer trading system set up that trades both gold and silver at the same time. I suppose Shelley will say it was a "hedge fund" that likes to play both metals at the same time. Saying that, I'm not sure how many hedge funds would be shorting the PM market. I don't think any legitimate mining company would ever set up automatic trades on both gold and silver at the same time, for such a large amount. But I'm sure Shelley has a full explanation of why both gold and silver are being traded at the same time.

Apparently the margin requirements are only required at the end of the day. So apparently the Broker will execute a client's trade in the middle of the day, and basically assume the responsibility to COMEX of providing the deposit? Are you saying the Broker takes a risk in assuming the client will provide the money required at the end of the day? If I was a Broker I would demand my clients have the money upfront. Interesting system!
    Last edited by tom1000000; 2nd May 2012 at 13:22.
    Legal Disclaimer: All posts by the person known here as tom1000000 are not to be relied upon for any reason and may be totally incorrect. All rights reserved.

Gata. Prove it to yourself. Go on to their forum with a new handle and start saying things that are not screamingly bullish and maybe even faintly bearish about Gold. See how fast you get banned.

Fat finger. There are still some people who think the Gold/Silver ratio is something of importance in the market, so if one makes a big move, it is still common th see the other react, even just a little.

Margins. Apparently you are not a broker and unfamiliar with standard practices in the markets. It is common for a brokerage to allow their traders to daytrade with capital levels that are below end of day margin requirements. Some day you might want to sit down for a beer with a professional trader who can explain who is taking risk, and what is expected of them in return.

I think the markets should be open twice a year...

In springtime to plant and fall to harvest..

Warren Buffet way to invest, actually it is his quote from late 2008 with my moderation about the planting and harvesting...

Please explain what your comment has to do with the conversation.

Matty. Better IM Chris now. That wdw guy is about to call you a F#@*in C*&% S*&#@r again. Manipulation. Futures is the vehicle your ass ociates use to MANIPULATE the metals market. People gauge the value of the dollar by how much metal it will purchase. The more it buys the better it looks. You see Matty? Any time you need me to explain just ask.

Matthew, did you call the WSJ and let them know they should not be putting this kind of content in their articles? I guess you are calling them a liar. Now we find you are also worldy in the (journalizm) world. Is their anything you have not failed at? Besides spelling. Beer pong out.

Just had to bump ya back to the top MM.
    Last edited by buffalo3; 2nd May 2012 at 21:46.