Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fake 1 oz PAMP silver bar?

Question Fake 1 oz PAMP silver bar?

Hello,

I was wondering if there are any fake 1 oz PAMP silver bars out there?
    I tried googling, but came up with nothing. Only fake gold PAMP bars.

I'm a little concerned because I've noticed there's an inconsistency in the look of some 1 oz PAMP silver bars I've come across.
    The front surface area looks a little grainy. Looks like it was formed from an imperfect silver casting mould/stamp, since all of the imperfections are exactly the same on the 1 oz bars that caught my attention.

Also, I've noticed some of the plastic packaging, isn't a perfect fit for the 1oz silver bar. It's just a tiny bit bigger.
    But that's only for some of the packaging. The rest of the 'grainy' looking bars have perfect fitting packaging.
    This is why I know this could be a mistake in the manufacturing process with getting a plastic mould that was suppose to be for another PAMP bar (gold or silver), but it sparks a concern.

Otherwise, it's still packaged like usual. Same colour, print, serial number, font etc.
    Was bought from the same bullion dealer that is legit.

So yeah, has anybody encountered anything like this?

Thanks for your time.

EDIT: UPDATE HERE in post #20.
    Last edited by Puddlekins; 30th March 2012 at 19:41.

Interesting. Those would be stamped with dies, like a coin, and I can't imagine the dies being defective, and many bars getting out. Even if they were dirty or something, it should be noticed quickly. For some reason it sounds correct that those bars are a little loose in their holders, though. Got any pictures?

Thanks for the input clr8ter.
    I took pics, but the post needs to be approved by a mod.
    After taking the pictures... the grainy ones look even worse on camera. ):
    I really hope they're legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Puddlekins View Post
    Thanks for the input clr8ter.
    I took pics, but the post needs to be approved by a mod.
    After taking the pictures... the grainy ones look even worse on camera. ):
    I really hope they're legit.
    Yeah, that's some sort of weird glitch on the forums. Keep trying to post until it takes. There won't be any mod approving anything.

Alright, thanks for telling me Mizzle.
    It didn't work though. Thankfully it worked when I edited this post to add the pictures.

Last edited by Puddlekins; 26th March 2012 at 19:43.

never dealt with pamp swiss silver bars, but that last photo would really make we wonder, the bar on the left is certainly not up to standards, no fingernails, it looks even worse than a fake, so maybe it was a dirty die,,who knows, but i would not buy anything that looked like the left bar

Thanks for the post silverwolf.

Yeah I'm pretty upset about it.
    I didn't notice when I first got it. I just did a once look-over and assumed all the PAMP bars were fine (silly me). I mean PAMP's known for its quality for heavens sake. ):
    I'm pretty sure it's cause of a dirty die. Cause Lady Fortuna's cheek has this very thin, curved look-a-like scratch mark on it. Which is apparent and identical on every imperfect bar.

Thanks for the post silverwolf.

Yeah I'm pretty upset about it.
    I didn't notice when I first got it. I just did a once look-over and assumed all the PAMP bars were fine (silly me). I mean PAMP's known for its quality for heavens sake. ):
    I'm pretty sure it's cause of a dirty die. Cause Lady Fortuna's cheek has this very thin, curved look-a-like scratch mark on it. Which is apparent and identical on every imperfect bar.
    These are pretty suspect.
    I would call the place you got them from, and demand an exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzle View Post
    These are pretty suspect.
    I would call the place you got them from, and demand an exchange.
    Unfortunately I brought them awhile ago. So my exchange window has closed.
    I have a feeling they're real, just a very poor batch in terms of quality.
    I've worked in a factory before (even though not a precious metals one) so I know people can make mistakes. Even the pros are prone to mistakes.
    And unfortunately there's a chance that since I don't live in Switzerland, Switzerland might've given our stores not the best batch they have.
    I know companies do that with clothing and food depending on where you live. So this won't surprise me. ):
    Oh well.

Unfortunately I brought them awhile ago. So my exchange window has closed.
    I have a feeling they're real, just a very poor batch in terms of quality.
    I've worked in a factory before (even though not a precious metals one) so I know people can make mistakes. Even the pros are prone to mistakes.
    And unfortunately there's a chance that since I don't live in Switzerland, Switzerland might've given our stores not the best batch they have.
    I know companies do that with clothing and food depending on where you live. So this won't surprise me. ):
    Oh well.
    i hate to say it but the left bar does look very grainy and bumpy like some other fake rounds and bars floating around...i hope they are real for your sake and the fact that i absolutely hate fake stuff as the quality is never up to par and in this case like the other guys said their are no fingernails..thats a big red flag when they miss a small detail like that. Maybe a veteran will chime in but i find it highly unlikely those are real...maybe try the magnet test or file down a small bit. And even if your window to return is closed i would let whoever you bought it from know you are unhappy. You might be surprised what happens..if they are a good business maybe they will offer you a deal or discount on your next pick up..although if it were me i would not go back to that shop.