Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Im building a Wind Turbine.

Thread: Im building a Wind Turbine.

Threaded View

Default Im building a Wind Turbine.

I am now building a wind turbine.
    This is the finished product, which took over 5 monthes to build:

What your about to read is the long agonizing Journey through Trial, Error, Ignorance, and loss to Finally get there.

----------------and so it begins--------------
    I live in the Raleigh NC Area and we average 10 - 20 mph winds.
    which is very light winds...

Thus, I am building a wind sensitive, light weight turbine that will generate electricity at 3 mph.

I bought the book "HomeBrew Wind Power" and I have been in touch via email with its author about my project. He like to build massive 100 mph wind turbines but he is also interested in my ideas and says it can be done.

Book link:
    http://www.amazon.com/Homebrew-Wind-.../dp/0981920101

I will post pictures of my progress live as I progress in this project!

Starting from the bottom up!
    This is my Anchor and Hinge for the wind turbine tower.
    (This way, if a big storm comes in, I can pull one of my bolts and lower the tower and turbine safely to the ground)

Hour Glass shaped 180 pound concrete base with 10 inch 5/8 anchor bolts setting. (check out that Plumb Bob)
    the pipe is 1.5 inches wide.
    Last edited by Steadfast; 10th October 2012 at 15:21.
    - God's Walky Talky

"L A N . . A S T A S L E M"
    I will NOT submit to islam!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797