Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Sold all bullion to purchase real estate. What do you think?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sold all bullion to purchase real estate. What do you think?

Default Sold all bullion to purchase real estate. What do you think?

I would like to see the property you bought with your gold then offer an opinion as to whether it was a smart move or not. Your coins don't come with a tax bill every year so I personally don't like real estate as you have no control over it.
    Although no one can come along and steal your land and you don't have to hid it.

Default Real Estate is not fungible

Quote Originally Posted by rush2112 View Post
    I would like to see the property you bought with your gold then offer an opinion as to whether it was a smart move or not. Your coins don't come with a tax bill every year so I personally don't like real estate as you have no control over it.
    Although no one can come along and steal your land and you don't have to hid it.
    Could be a great switch. But if you bought one property you do have a diversification risk. But both assets will do well in an inflationary/currency debasement environment and the property may give you income. If you picked your property well, you may do better than gold. I would start collecting silver bullion coins. Less expensive and more to go for in performance IMHO.

Tough to make a dime in real estate.
    Property taxes, fees, commissions, HOAs and maintenance will eat your profits alive.

More than likely, you're going to lose purchasing power in the long run

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzle View Post
    Tough to make a dime in real estate.
    Property taxes, fees, commissions, HOAs and maintenance will eat your profits alive.

More than likely, you're going to lose purchasing power in the long run
    Don't know a whole lot about real estate but, I would try flipping that house as fast as possible for a quick buck if it was me. New Paint, new porch, some curb appeal..bank $20,000.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverCoin View Post
    Don't know a whole lot about real estate but, I would try flipping that house as fast as possible for a quick buck if it was me. New Paint, new porch, some curb appeal..bank $20,000.
    To bank $20,000. a seller would have to make a 40,000. profit first. By the time you pay real estate agent fees and capital gains tax, there wouldn't be much left. These is even a chance your investment may go down 10-20% from the time you buy until the time you sell if foreclosures continue and the glut of unsold homes continue thus wiping out all your ability to profit.

He never said he bought a house. Maybe he bought a silver mine.

Quote Originally Posted by rush2112 View Post
    To bank $20,000. a seller would have to make a 40,000. profit first. By the time you pay real estate agent fees and capital gains tax, there wouldn't be much left. These is even a chance your investment may go down 10-20% from the time you buy until the time you sell if foreclosures continue and the glut of unsold homes continue thus wiping out all your ability to profit.
    Didn't know how complicated that actually was. On TV they make it seem real easy to flip a home and profit some right quick. If it is a house he invested his gold into then maybe a $5,000 Flip. But I would still sell for some profit if I could just in case the housing market drops even further! Good luck!

I bought a comerical property for 50k that's making me 2000 a month... So it depends on the property and the investment...

Quote Originally Posted by ManagerMatt View Post
    I bought a comerical property for 50k that's making me 2000 a month... So it depends on the property and the investment...
    that's the play to make. don't spend a lot on a fancy place to live. buy one that brings in income. i bought a multi-unit at a city tax auction and started showing a positive return by the 2nd month.