Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
Sold all bullion to purchase real estate. What do you think?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Sold all bullion to purchase real estate. What do you think?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default Sold all bullion to purchase real estate. What do you think?


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    568

    Default

    I would like to see the property you bought with your gold then offer an opinion as to whether it was a smart move or not. Your coins don't come with a tax bill every year so I personally don't like real estate as you have no control over it.
    Although no one can come along and steal your land and you don't have to hid it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    233

    Default Real Estate is not fungible

    Quote Originally Posted by rush2112 View Post
    I would like to see the property you bought with your gold then offer an opinion as to whether it was a smart move or not. Your coins don't come with a tax bill every year so I personally don't like real estate as you have no control over it.
    Although no one can come along and steal your land and you don't have to hid it.
    Could be a great switch. But if you bought one property you do have a diversification risk. But both assets will do well in an inflationary/currency debasement environment and the property may give you income. If you picked your property well, you may do better than gold. I would start collecting silver bullion coins. Less expensive and more to go for in performance IMHO.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    USA - East Coast
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Tough to make a dime in real estate.
    Property taxes, fees, commissions, HOAs and maintenance will eat your profits alive.

    More than likely, you're going to lose purchasing power in the long run

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mizzle View Post
    Tough to make a dime in real estate.
    Property taxes, fees, commissions, HOAs and maintenance will eat your profits alive.

    More than likely, you're going to lose purchasing power in the long run
    Don't know a whole lot about real estate but, I would try flipping that house as fast as possible for a quick buck if it was me. New Paint, new porch, some curb appeal..bank $20,000.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverCoin View Post
    Don't know a whole lot about real estate but, I would try flipping that house as fast as possible for a quick buck if it was me. New Paint, new porch, some curb appeal..bank $20,000.
    To bank $20,000. a seller would have to make a 40,000. profit first. By the time you pay real estate agent fees and capital gains tax, there wouldn't be much left. These is even a chance your investment may go down 10-20% from the time you buy until the time you sell if foreclosures continue and the glut of unsold homes continue thus wiping out all your ability to profit.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    591

    Default

    He never said he bought a house. Maybe he bought a silver mine.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rush2112 View Post
    To bank $20,000. a seller would have to make a 40,000. profit first. By the time you pay real estate agent fees and capital gains tax, there wouldn't be much left. These is even a chance your investment may go down 10-20% from the time you buy until the time you sell if foreclosures continue and the glut of unsold homes continue thus wiping out all your ability to profit.
    Didn't know how complicated that actually was. On TV they make it seem real easy to flip a home and profit some right quick. If it is a house he invested his gold into then maybe a $5,000 Flip. But I would still sell for some profit if I could just in case the housing market drops even further! Good luck!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    30

    Default

    I bought a comerical property for 50k that's making me 2000 a month... So it depends on the property and the investment...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManagerMatt View Post
    I bought a comerical property for 50k that's making me 2000 a month... So it depends on the property and the investment...
    that's the play to make. don't spend a lot on a fancy place to live. buy one that brings in income. i bought a multi-unit at a city tax auction and started showing a positive return by the 2nd month.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •