Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Where do you guys purchase silver bullion from?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do you guys purchase silver bullion from?

Default Where do you guys purchase silver bullion from?

List the websites you use. Or from a bullion dealer? craigslist?

Quote Originally Posted by danmanxx View Post

You have to be more specific as to the kind of Silver your looking for and the amount. That makes all the difference in the world as to where you go shopping.

90% coins, fractional Silver, one ounce generic rounds, premium rounds, one, five, ten or 100 ounce bars are your basic Silver products. Then you have to decide how much you want to purchase at one time. Once you make those decisions, then people can help point you in the right directions. Basically there are the small purchases of anywhere from one to 100 ounces and then you can usually get a break at some dealers starting at 100 ounces and above. The best deals will almost always require you to purchase 500 ounces at one time, but the difference in premiums in many cases is only an extra dollar or so per ounce, if you know where to shop.

If you look in the Silver Bullion and Coins section, you'll find numerous threads dealing with this subject.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

Default Just a few of the best places

Tulving--for orders over 500 ounces. Provident Metals, APMEX (American Precious Metal Exchange), Bullion Direct, Northwest Territorial Mint to name a few. I personaly like Provident Metals the most. See You At The Top.

For orders of less than 500 oz, Provident metals and APMEX seem to be neck and neck as to who has the best prices online. Also, check around at your local coin shops to see if you have a good one. I don't have any good ones in my city, but whenever I visit my parents they have a great one in their small town and I buy from him at the same price as APMEX but minus the shipping.

I use Bullion Direct. com - BUT - They are not the Cheapest - Would try any listed on the following website '

http://comparesilverprices.com/

I have bought silver from silvertowne.com and providentmetals.com, both very positive experiences.
    Silvertowne used to have MUCH better prices, but ever since they updated their website, their prices have gone up 20-30%. I no longer shop there.

Providentmetals at the time I purchased was the best deal. Remember to factor in shipping when you are calculating the cost of your purchase.

I also pay by credit card. Since I only buy small quantities at a time, saving $3-15 is not worth all the extra hassle of sending a check or money order. Plus, if you send a check to a company you've never dealt with, or they decide to not ship your product for whatever reason, you're out of cash, and there' not too much you can do about it short of legal action. Paying by Visa gives you the power to create a fraud case with your bank, and get your funds back rather quickly. Not to mention the fact that all someone needs to access your funds is a routing number and account number. You never know what might happen to your bank account if those numbers fall into the wrong hands.

I've yet to see a good deal on craigslist for silver. I use craigslist for plenty of other things, but usually people are asking more than retail, and you're dealing with too many unknowns. I prefer reputable dealers like the ones I mentioned above; I know the silver I'm getting is real, and I'm not going to be robbed or followed home by some weirdo on craigslist.

I want to buy online but I don't like paying for shipping, that alone pushes up the the price a few dollars over spot.

Most of the silver I bought was from this dealer who's somewhat pricey and then this antique shop I visit where I get junk silver for a few dollars under spot.

Can some one tell me the advatnages of buying at bullion direct ? I've heard you can store your silver with them over a period of time and then take delivery.

How much do they charge for shipping, lets say 40-50 oz ?

nobody's mentioned monarchprecious metals but they are not bad at all. Infact their pricing is on par with most sites if you factor in the shipping.

For orders < 200 they charge 5.95 shipping.

And yeah, don't buy form ebay unless they are reputable. Usually checking the reviews gives a good indication. There's quite a few who are selling fake silver or they are selling stuff that's tarnished/damaged for more.

Do you have a local coin shop near your location? That is where I started and it was nice to see all the different ways silver can be bought.
    In the recent past I have made contacts at 2 local pawn shops and they usually only pay 80% of the melt value so I would never sell to them but its really hard to not buy morgans or pre-64 mint sets for (spot x 71%) of whatever the current spot price happens to be. Good Luck with your stacking!