Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Kinda New here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kinda New here

Default Kinda New here

Well, I'm a little new to posting in forums, so bare with me. My boss has asked me to expand our pawn shop further by asking around on the internet about the worth of certain items. I have to agree, actually. So, here goes. We have a A-Mark 10 OZ .999% silver bar. We've looked them up on Ebay and etc and found them going for $500 at times. just wondering what would be a good price for such an item. I hope this isn't considered Spamming or nothing. if it is, then I apologize.

Thumbs up

I'll give you guys $300 for it.

Ship it to me for verification and I'll mail you a cheque.
    Caedite eos.

I refuse to bare with you.

Quote Originally Posted by jollypackrat View Post
    Well, I'm a little new to posting in forums, so bare with me. My boss has asked me to expand our pawn shop further by asking around on the internet about the worth of certain items. I have to agree, actually. So, here goes. We have a A-Mark 10 OZ .999% silver bar. We've looked them up on Ebay and etc and found them going for $500 at times. just wondering what would be a good price for such an item. I hope this isn't considered Spamming or nothing. if it is, then I apologize.
    don't sell your silver for profit, it can only go up! You can never buy back at a later date when it's cheaper, don't try to make a profit because the rocket ship is going to take off any second now . See you at the top. Those who sold in the 40s are fools. The fiat is over. The banksters days are over. Kabbal . Jp Morgan. Margin increases. Sheeple. Sub 30s are gone forever. Fed attacks on the silver market . Ok I'm done now

You need to keep it. Soon you'll be able to use it to pay off the building your in, and probably the rest of the block...

if you want to sell it then price it at spot + $2/oz unless you have 9000 people in your store all wanting to buy it like ebay does then it will go for more.

Wow that must of been 6 months ago. I can sell you all you want at 350? Then you can expand your pawn shop and maybe get a tv show. There's really not much collectors value in a generic or mass produced bar. You might get more out of a older poured bar or something unique. I can stick a silver dime on ebay for 500 bucks. I can then sell them to you for 300 each for your new shop if interested Mr ChumLee.
    Legal Disclaimer: All posts by the person known here as duneyman jr are not to be relied upon for any reason and may be totally incorrect. All rights reserved and are for entertainment purposes only.

What ever spot is. Or you can keep it until the economy turns around and it will be worth $50.

Just so you know, you are getting some people yanking your chain here, so take everything you read here with a grain of salt. One of your biggest yankers so far was Robert Goens who was parroting comments we hear regularly from people with a heavy bias in the market(as a joke).

The simple answer is that the price for spot Silver bullion(.999) is based on the lead month futures price vs the current T-bill rate and the days left until expiration. With various coins and bars, there can be added or subtracted value based on numismatic value or Silver content. 90% is at least 10% lower than .999, disregarding numismatic value. You will also have to take into consideration your business model as to how far above the raw valuation that you intend to set your bid and offer price, and how you are managing your inventory including whether you are hedging.

With Silver under $30, $50 an ounce for bullion is a pretty rotten price unless you happen to be selling, in which case you would be screwing someone who doesn't know any better.

I hope that's a reasonable start to your studies as to how to approach this.

Matthew C. Shelley
    Commodity Broker

As always: Trading in futures and options is very high risk investing. You can lose all or more of the money you invest. Only risk capital should be used.

Mr. Chumlee? I AM NOT FAT. but thanks, Mathew. With the way the world is right now, my boss thinks its a good idea to cash in on most the chips. also got a few Morgans some from before the turn of the century. With all the doom and gloom going around, and the news hawks running around trying to make it into the story of the month, I think hes right. besides, as suggested, it might turn around and become a paper weight. hopefully not our paper weight at the time. So, at spot +/-(?) would be a good price? We didn't have the best of luck before trying gold. bought this really old eagle from the 1800s. some one turned it into a necklise. didn't turn out that well when we finally sold it. And please, just because I'm a bit new to this forum, doesn't mean I'm an idiot.