Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

100 watt incandescent light bulb sales totally banned by feds starting in 25 days. - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 100 watt incandescent light bulb sales totally banned by feds starting in 25 days.

Thumbs up Use metal halide with the high pressure sodium for best results.

Quote Originally Posted by FourNineFine View Post
    No one grows plants with incandescent light bulbs, they use MH, HPS, floressents or LEDS.
    Use the sun.

If you can deploy a greenhouse, it makes sense nowadays for several reasons.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

I used to have a big light bulb that went into an airport rotating beacon. You see them at airports everywhere - the green and white rotating beacon that's on at operational airports from dusk to dawn. The rotating part has a fresnel lens and behind it is a 1,000-watt light bulb. How are the geniuses in Congress going to replace them? I haven't seen any flourescent or LED lights anywhere neat 1,000-watts.
    "If you don't know where you're going, you might end up some place else."
    - Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by Xizang View Post
    I used to have a big light bulb that went into an airport rotating beacon. You see them at airports everywhere - the green and white rotating beacon that's on at operational airports from dusk to dawn. The rotating part has a fresnel lens and behind it is a 1,000-watt light bulb. How are the geniuses in Congress going to replace them? I haven't seen any flourescent or LED lights anywhere neat 1,000-watts.
    That 1000 watt bulb would sure light up a closet.

they are not totally banning these bulbs, you will still be able to buy "commercial" bulbs in any size as long as you are a corporation, or if you can use the internet

I'm sure it's not a 1000 watt incondesent, it's either a metal halide or high pressure sodium.

Based on what I am seeing, only the 100 watt lights are banned.

I would not be surprised at seeing a 99 watt bulb in the future.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone

Lightbulb For obscene profits, one day they'll be mandatory if the kabbal has their way.

Finally some real progress on the incandescent light bulb replacement.
    Looking really pleasant there.
    Good and bright as long as that's using about 25 watts or so there.
    There's not too much LED light reflecting off the holder's hand or face, but it's hard to tell with so many other light sources in the room.

It just too bad that it's a product from one of the two evil queens.

'Most energy-efficient' LED light revealed by Philips

Also see the Reuters report about the same news from their perspective. "1 Comfortable, workable light requires a color temperature of 3000-4000 kelvins, a color rendering index of at least 80, and an R9 saturated red level of no less than 20."

Quote Originally Posted by FourNineFine View Post
    I'm sure it's not a 1000 watt incondesent, it's either a metal halide or high pressure sodium.
    Here is a 200 watt fluorescent bulb that puts out 10,000 lumens.

http://www.buylighting.com/200-Watt-...b-200w-50k.htm

Here is an actual 620 watt incandescent bulb used for radio towers which puts out 10,500 lumens

http://www.buylighting.com/Code-Beacon-Bulbs-s/215.htm

Here's a cheap 500 watt bulb, nowhere near the lumens of the much more expensive bulb types, but it's only $8.95

This is just form one web site that sells the above. I wouldn't be surprised if that 1,000 watt incandescent bulb did exist in a 220v version.

I use higher wattage fluorescent bulbs to light my backyard at night. Not 200 watts but two 50 watt systems.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

I have a couple friends who are in the motion picture business in Hollywood, Calif. I've been used a few times by them in front of the cameras. As a result, I've noticed the evolution over the recent few years in lighting. Only 5 or 6 years ago, it was incredibly hot under the lights they used. Every few minutes, they would stop the cameras to send someone in with the little sponges to swab off the sweat and to re-apply the Neutrogena face powder. Now, they're using HD digital cameras instead of the old Panaflex film cameras. The lights are all high powered flourscent, yet give off practically no heat. You can go for as long as you can remember your lines, or you you fu*k up, before they cut. Nice. Incandescent lighting, like the dinosaurs, had their time but are thankfully history, now.
    "If you don't know where you're going, you might end up some place else."
    - Yogi Berra

I have a couple friends who are in the motion picture business in Hollywood, Calif. I've been used a few times by them in front of the cameras. As a result, I've noticed the evolution over the recent few years in lighting. Only 5 or 6 years ago, it was incredibly hot under the lights they used. Every few minutes, they would stop the cameras to send someone in with the little sponges to swab off the sweat and to re-apply the Neutrogena face powder. Now, they're using HD digital cameras instead of the old Panaflex film cameras. The lights are all high powered flourscent, yet give off practically no heat. You can go for as long as you can remember your lines, or you you fu*k up, before they cut. Nice. Incandescent lighting, like the dinosaurs, had their time but are thankfully history, now.

I used two 100 watt bulbs to keep the back of my house lit at night for several years and then switched to CFL with the same light, but only 1/4 the cost. Some trade off for the more expensive bulb. Then many years ago I found fluorescent light fixtures that put out twice as much light and it was all directed away from the house. Now for the same amount of electricity that one 100 watt bulbs used in the past, I'm putting out more than twice as much light that two 100 watt incandescent bulbs did and my backyard looks more like a lighted tennis court.

I'm not deterring thieves, I'm just lighting a path to my neighbors unlighted backyards. I wouldn't want them stumbling over something in the dark!

Kind of like the campers survival guide, you don't have to be able to outrun a grizzly bear, just run fast than the guy next to you.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!