Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

100 watt incandescent light bulb sales totally banned by feds starting in 25 days.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 100 watt incandescent light bulb sales totally banned by feds starting in 25 days.

Lightbulb 100 watt incandescent light bulb sales totally banned by feds starting in 25 days.

I doubt there is any way that I can legitimately justify posting this in the Silver Market section of this forum.

I am exploiting the higher page traffic.

I ask for forgiveness for my transgression.

-----

So which is it?

No ban on incandescent light bulbs

or

Incandescent Light Bulbs to be Banned

?

I'm leaning towards the old data here:
    Incandescent Thomas Edison Light Bulb Banned

"In December 2007, The United States enacted the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007, requiring all general-purpose light bulbs to be 30% more energy efficient (similar to current halogen lamps) than current incandescent bulbs by 2012 to 2014. The phase-out will start with 100-watt "general service" bulbs in January 2012. 60 and 40-watt "general service" incandescent lamps are targeted to be phased out by January 2014. By 2020, a second tier would become effective; which requires all general-purpose bulbs to be at least 70% more efficient (similar to current CFLs). "

Another stealth attack on our freedom if you ask me.

Sort of reminds me when the kabbal discouraged Christmas lights back in the 70s.

If you need them perhaps it is time to stock a box or two of those 100s?
    They should be on sale now.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

We haven't been able to buy 'normal' lightbulbs in the uk for ages. Talking of Xmas lights - in school we are asked to call them 'festival lights' so as not to offend our multicultural society. Madness.

It's already happened in Canuckville last year.

No burny lightbulbs over 60 watts allowed.
    There is a serious hoarding of 100's out there.

And yes, now all we have are those shitty "these are NOT Christmas lights!" LED 'bulbs'.

Burning stuff is human nature...they can certainly try to take away our filaments...
    Caedite eos.

Quote Originally Posted by littleingot View Post
    We haven't been able to buy 'normal' lightbulbs in the uk for ages. Talking of Xmas lights - in school we are asked to call them 'festival lights' so as not to offend our multicultural society. Madness.

You are right. 60 watt bulbs are like rocking horse $hit now. They are trying to boost the optometry industry by giving people bad eyesight through reading in an insufficiently lit environment. The insurance and medical industry will get boosted with the increase in related accidents. I slipped on the banana skin because I couldn't see it lying on the dimly lit cellar stairs. Think of the benefits.
    Last edited by gollumthegreat; 7th December 2011 at 18:26.

Quote Originally Posted by maplesilverbug View Post
    It's already happened in Canuckville last year.

No burny lightbulbs over 60 watts allowed.
    There is a serious hoarding of 100's out there.

And yes, now all we have are those shitty "these are NOT Christmas lights!" LED 'bulbs'.

Burning stuff is human nature...they can certainly try to take away our filaments...

Burning humans future is being human.
    1/2 ton of coal burned for one single bulbs life span of electricity consumption.

Default Light bulb energy

Household lighting accounts for roughly 7% of household electric consumption. Overall household consumption relative to manufacturing, refining, mining, businesses, etc is 7%.

So the nazis in charge want to ban light bulbs that ultimately use far less than one percent of total electric output in this country. BTW a Prius requires and ungodly amount of energy to manufacture due to the rare earth metals and complex electrical systems. So whatever you thought was green just think really hard and you'll see that it is a steaming pile of BS.

Quote Originally Posted by aequitas View Post
    Household lighting accounts for roughly 7% of household electric consumption. Overall household consumption relative to manufacturing, refining, mining, businesses, etc is 7%.

So the nazis in charge want to ban light bulbs that ultimately use far less than one percent of total electric output in this country. BTW a Prius requires and ungodly amount of energy to manufacture due to the rare earth metals and complex electrical systems. So whatever you thought was green just think really hard and you'll see that it is a steaming pile of BS.

That might be true for someone who is thrifty, but those CFL's have saved me a lot of money over the years. I like my house well lit around the clock, both inside and out and never worry about leaving the lights on in a room. Most of my neighbors turn all of their lights off at night, both inside and out. An inviting option versus a house well lit and for what, to save a couple dollars a month on your electric bill. There is a simple trick to replacing filament bulbs with CFL's, you have to go one size larger than the stated replacement value. That is if you want to try and read with them or avoid those slippery little banana peels on the dimly lit stairwell. Electricity is dirt cheap here in the US compared to Europe, making CFL's harder to justify, but it is still cheaper to use CFL's for lamps that are burning all night and for energy wasters like myself. Most Americans have never been subjected to the elaborate electrical systems installed in hotels and motel size hosing in Europe. You can't walk down a hallway in most of these places without having to turn on the lights every 20' or so and the lights automatically turn off after so many seconds. When you move up in scale, you run into the motion detectors that do it for you.

The one bad thing about CFL bulbs here in the US, if you break one, you have to call a HAZMAT team to clean up the mess!!!! So don't break any or you might pay more to clean up the mess than your total electrical savings in your lifetime.
    Last edited by valerb; 8th December 2011 at 03:04.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

Exclamation This just in. (just in time)

"I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Must have made their profit from the stock they bought and sold, before the bill was introduced.

What do you guys have against modern light bulbs? I find the better ones have a nice light color and you get the same brightness as an old 100W bulb with a 20W.