Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Run out of silver in 9 years???
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Run out of silver in 9 years???

Default Run out of silver in 9 years???

This guy says silver will run out in 9 years. Any truth to this?
    He talks fast bu mentions something about supply vs demand (industrial).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gNTrnbtasA

Quote Originally Posted by Skellington View Post

There will always be silver.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Quote Originally Posted by Skellington View Post
    He is clearly unfamiliar with production and sources. Unless we get rid of Peru, Mexico, and Canada, and all Copper mines on the planet, we will always have plenty of Silver.

Matthew Shelley
    Commodity Broker

As always: Trading in futures and options is very high risk investing. You can lose all or more of the money you invest. Only risk capital should be used.

[QUOTE=Matthew Shelley;216946]He is clearly unfamiliar with production and sources. Unless we get rid of Peru, Mexico, and Canada, and all Copper mines on the planet, we will always have plenty of Silver.

Matthew Shelley
    Commodity Broker

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Shelley View Post
    He is clearly unfamiliar with production and sources. Unless we get rid of Peru, Mexico, and Canada, and all Copper mines on the planet, we will always have plenty of Silver.

Matthew Shelley
    Commodity Broker

Quote Originally Posted by silverheartbone View Post
    There will always be silver.

The real question is: How Much Will it Cost ?

Shelly, please define plenty. do you mean plenty for Rodger ?
    Last edited by billmr; 1st December 2011 at 11:26.

Quote Originally Posted by billmr View Post
    Plenty for it's industrial and investment uses. You are correct about the question of price, but that has been the case from the beginning of time for all commodities. Even at times when some governments fixed prices, they fluctuated on other parts of the planet based on supply and demand. One of the reasons I get into regular arguments with the bugs is that they want to think Silver supply and demand is a single factor and I have to keep explaining that demand for Copper is an enormous supply factor. Silver automatically comes out of the ground as a result of Copper mining. Thus, the price of Copper is a large factor in the price of Silver.

Matthew Shelley
    Commodity Broker

As always: Trading in futures and options is very high risk investing. You can lose all or more of the money you invest. Only risk capital should be used.

Default True: there will always be Silver----But

What if 9 years from now most of it is in China. What if the copper mines in Mexico, Peru, and Canada are owned or soley contracted to China. What if the remaining Silver is in Private Hands that won't give it up just because some Exchange starts raising Margins on the dozen or so investors still playing in a rigged game. 9 years ago Silver was about $5.00 and ounce, this Spring $50.00. Things have changed alot in the last 9 years. They could change even more in the next 9. I guess that is why they call it FUTURES Shelly. Hey: but what the F do I know. I'm just and old guy sitting on hundreds of pounds of Silver and several Gold Claims in Nome. See You At The Top. It just gets better the higher you go.

Matthew Shelley
    Commodity Broker

Wrong!
    Indeed most silver is mined as byproduct. But you fail to understand EROEI ...
    Mining is energy unefficient activity. It takes a lot of oil to dig stuff out of the ground. And the deposits are getting worse...you know "low hanging fruit first"?
    http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article14756.html check this out...

check picture no.2... http://science.org.au/nova/newscientist/027ns_005.htm

Quote Originally Posted by and(EU) View Post
    Wrong!
    Indeed most silver is mined as byproduct. But you fail to understand EROEI ...
    Mining is energy unefficient activity. It takes a lot of oil to dig stuff out of the ground. And the deposits are getting worse...you know "low hanging fruit first"?
    http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article14756.html check this out...
    check picture no.2... http://science.org.au/nova/newscientist/027ns_005.htm
    I have heard these arguments continuously for the past 35 years and they have yet to come true. All commodities have supplies that are price dependent, production rises or falls due to the production cost vs price. If mining Silver was a money losing proposition, methinks that Carlos Slim, who knows much more about the business than either of us, would stop. Same goes for Codelco and copper. Same with oil, we have been going to run out since 1970, but we magically keep finding new supplies.

I have to say that I find these arguments tiresome and they are always made to extremes that ignore market factors.

Matthew Shelley
    Commodity Broker

I have heard these arguments continuously for the past 35 years and they have yet to come true. All commodities have supplies that are price dependent, production rises or falls due to the production cost vs price. If mining Silver was a money losing proposition, methinks that Carlos Slim, who knows much more about the business than either of us, would stop. Same goes for Codelco and copper. Same with oil, we have been going to run out since 1970, but we magically keep finding new supplies.

I have to say that I find these arguments tiresome and they are always made to extremes that ignore market factors.

Matthew Shelley
    Commodity Broker

I'm not saying there won't be any silver. But you said "plenty" and "always". By my knowledge in 2015 industrial demand and water purification will use ALL available mine+scrap supply. So there won't be "plenty" silver to buy...

Quote Originally Posted by billmr View Post

One thing is pretty much certain, due to supply and demand constraints, silver in real terms will be much more expensive than it is today.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K