Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

US clad coin future values proposal

Thread: US clad coin future values proposal

Default US clad coin future values proposal

If we ever get rid of the satanic debt slavery bankster owned money system,
    then I'd expect the return of our constitutionally legitimate dollar and fractional silver coins.

This would naturally cause a problem with the currently circulated clad coins.

My proposed solution would be to value the
    current (post 1982) cents = 0.1 (1 mill)
    current nickel = 5
    current dime clad coin = 1
    current quarter clad coin = 2
    current half clad coin = 5
    current dollar clad coin = 10

It makes sense to allow the older copper pennies to still be circulated at 1 if anyone wanted to take them, as the new ones would be identical in metal content.
    I'd also lift the prohibition on melting pennies to facilitate the replacement of them with new less confusing designs.
    Of course the old pre-1965 silver would circulate at face value.

This solution will allow the clad coins to continue to be used along with the junk and newly issued silver coins.

Questions, criticisms, comments?
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

I'd be much more interested in getting rid of the secondary measures such as the dollar and stick with ounces. So coins could circulate in some alloy form that was stamped with a face value of 1/10, 1/25 troy ounce, and so on. For consistency's sake, maybe they could be denoted as 5/100, 10/100, 25/100, etc. Heck, I'd even be agreeable to go to the metric system finally and we could stamp it in grams. But I would say that sticking to the primary measure would be best so that people would always know exactly what their money was and would not be swindled in a few generations like has happened and given us a "dollar" that people have no idea what it really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mousee View Post
    I'd be much more interested in getting rid of the secondary measures such as the dollar and stick with ounces. So coins could circulate in some alloy form that was stamped with a face value of 1/10, 1/25 troy ounce, and so on. For consistency's sake, maybe they could be denoted as 5/100, 10/100, 25/100, etc. Heck, I'd even be agreeable to go to the metric system finally and we could stamp it in grams. But I would say that sticking to the primary measure would be best so that people would always know exactly what their money was and would not be swindled in a few generations like has happened and given us a "dollar" that people have no idea what it really is.
    Deep within my inner heart I totally agree with you.
    But it seems that most human societies are comfortable with some construct other than the mass(weight) of precious in the coin, so I think that we need to stick with the already defined and well used constitutional dollar for now.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Default Sound Money

When you drop it....does it make a sound?

I'm holding lots and lots of the presidential 1$ coins (90% copper)

If the US dollar gets relegated to the "Dustbin Solution"....and a new paper money replaces it...on a ratio swap that devalues your holdings, then maybe coins in general may survive the changeover.

But that's just my mind thinking about a story I heard Bob Chapman tell in an interview about the situation in Germany from a long time ago...where paper got turned in for "new and improved" paper....but the coins were left in place and faced no revaluation.

It's interesting that you bring this subject up silverheartbone:

because the US Mint just recently re-jiggered their direct ship program with the 1$ presidential coins. I think they no longer ship them for free (a direct swap with paper FED notes). I think it's 12 to 15 bucks now to get a 250 coin box.

I'm quite bummed....I can get them from a bank, but those are 're-rolled' in cheap brown paper....and don't hold up as well in my backpack...and when they get wet.

C'est la vie I guess....maybe it wasn't meant to last. There were alot of credit card users abusing the system I think....racking up bonus miles and points. Probably should've pulled the program after the 27th president anyways....since this country ceased to exist once #28 sold us out.

Become your own bank..."Stash n Stockpile Weapons of Stack Construction!"