Thread: HR 875 Bill that can ban organic farming and individual gardens

cowboycarl04 is offline Silver Seeker Senior Member Site Admin

Default HR 875 Bill that can ban organic farming and individual gardens

http://www.govit.com/vote/comments.a...ll=2009-hr-875

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d111:s425:

To establish the Food Safety Administration within the Department of Health and Human Services to protect the public health by preventing food-borne illness, ensuring the safety of food, improving research on contaminants leading to food-borne illness, and improving security of food from intentional contamination, and for other purposes.

In a nutshell, it's a government agency that polices food. Also, it appears to violate the 10th amendment by requiring that the state's agriculture dept act as the food police and enforce the federal requirements.

Kind of interesting considering we have what 2 dozen states that have passed resolutions based on the 10th amendment.

From the research that I have done from people that have already read the bill, the legislation is so broad that organic farming and gardens can be deemed illegal and be banned in this country.

Thoughts?

chux03 Guest

bang, bang?? Or, let the Revolution begin?? Or kabooooom!!! Watch out for those pickle farmers, they won't put up with it...

I can see it now. Clandestine gardens grown out in the deep woods, producing high grade marijuana....woops, I mean natural, nutricous organic fruits and vegetables away from the preying eyes of the pricks in the Federal government, who think that besides telling you what to do, that they expect you to do it too. So, we know what kind of success they've had ferreting out "the evil weed" used in the manufacture of "left handed cigarettes" (and I think history shows it would have been cheaper if they would have just paid the market price and BOUGHT IT ALL from everyone) and now you're worried about whether they'd ever call your organic grow patch....illegal and come over and pull it up. I'd sooner bitch-slap em back than put with any of that....nonsense. Nah....you won't have to worry about that as Montsanto has manufactured up all those Franken-seeds that won't replicate themselves into fertile seeds unless you send those eco-criminals an "unlock fee" then you can feed yourself. But then again, we're back to that .223 caliber round that can do some....unlocking of it's own, especially in rapid succession. That'll be the name of my new book. The Armed Gardener

i would say lets tax every thing , if you grow food at home lets tax that too
    Knowing the future direction and price of gold will be useless for anyone who invests in paper gold! In the near future "timing" will be nothing. What you are holding will be everything!"

Default Oh come on!

Cmon, this is way over the top.

I'm trying to read through this bill, and I don't see anything yet about preventing growing at home.

Doesn't mean it's in there.

Where is the text that seems like organic farming is banned?

Quote Originally Posted by cowboycarl04 View Post
    http://www.govit.com/vote/comments.a...ll=2009-hr-875

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d111:s425:

To establish the Food Safety Administration within the Department of Health and Human Services to protect the public health by preventing food-borne illness, ensuring the safety of food, improving research on contaminants leading to food-borne illness, and improving security of food from intentional contamination, and for other purposes.

In a nutshell, it's a government agency that polices food. Also, it appears to violate the 10th amendment by requiring that the state's agriculture dept act as the food police and enforce the federal requirements.

Kind of interesting considering we have what 2 dozen states that have passed resolutions based on the 10th amendment.

From the research that I have done from people that have already read the bill, the legislation is so broad that organic farming and gardens can be deemed illegal and be banned in this country.

Thoughts?
    Here are my thoughts.....there can be no reason other than a desire for total control of the planet and its population if growing a spud is ever ouitlawed in your home garden....fair dinkum what is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    Cmon, this is way over the top.

I'm trying to read through this bill, and I don't see anything yet about preventing growing at home.

Doesn't mean it's in there.

Where is the text that seems like organic farming is banned?
    Note to legislature: draft properly or get out.

Tar and feathers for the lot.

Who cares what they intended? They are incompetent at best.

Ardent Listener Guest

It would be a good thing if they did try to ban or tax your home garden. People would ignore them and it would only help bring all of this to a head while we still got ours.

sunsetcliff Guest

the more rules like this will force more people to think of "law" as a trivial nicety. Sorta like 'curl the pinky when sipping tea.

Inmate #1: So what are in for?
    Inmate #2: Murder, Rape, Armed Robbery, and you?
    Inmate #1: Growing.
    Inmate #2: Growing pot?
    Inmate #1: Nope, tomatoes, green peppers and strawberries.
    Inmate #2: Guard! Guard! Get me out of this cell, this man is crazy!

Thank you so much for the post. It's really useful.

Electric adjustable beds prices and reviews