Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *******silver price predictions for the future!!!!**********

Question *******silver price predictions for the future!!!!**********

I was going over silver charts over the last few decades and doing calculations on what silver prices may be in the future. Note: These prices are upward trends based on cycles of previous years, not determined by spikes in the market. These are my predictions of $$ per ounce we should expect to see based on past market trending.
    (Prices may go above these or below listed during the allotted year, but will average at the prices I listed)

2015: $50

2020: $90

2025: $190

2030: $400!!

What do you guys think!?

I like.

Just that the 400 will be hit before 2013.

Fiat currencies are living on borrowed time.

Had everything been left alone to fail, we would already be at 400.

As in musical chairs, the record player quit rotating, and now the central banks are moving the record around the turntable with their finger hoping no one detects a change in the music.

Don't forget, at the rate of consumption, by 2020, silver will be "effectively extinct" as an element.
    Meaning:
    silver will be so rare that it will pay handsomely to crawl through card umps and open landfills
    just to harvest specs of silver sodder from old electronics.

I expect that may mean a Silver/gold ratio of 3/1 or better.
    what do you guys think THAT will do to the price?
    Last edited by Steadfast; 28th October 2011 at 11:37.
    - God's Walky Talky

"L A N . . A S T A S L E M"
    I will NOT submit to islam!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
    Edmund Burke 1729-1797

Quote Originally Posted by Steadfast View Post

Seriously doubt that will happen given that the ratio of silver to gold in the Earth is 16 to 1, and actually much more because a lot of the gold in that figure is unattainable where the silver is not. Alternatives would be found anyway because if the price was that much nobody would be able to afford every day products that it goes into.

I've heard people say time and time again that one cannot expect lower cost alternatives to silver but we see it happening all the time. Photography has gone digital, medical implants primarily use titanium instead of silver, copper is being used more often as a conductor where silver used to be, biodentistry, silver inks are being replaced, the list goes on. We've already seen it replaced in many facets of production but people still seem to believe that alternatives won't happen while they've been happening and are happening at this very moment.

I also doubt that it will be until 2015 that silver hits an average of $50, especially considering we've seen the average price raise 400% in only the last 7-8 years. It would be a rather conservative estimate if things continued (and they should if supply dwindles and demand increases) to see an 80% gain in 2 years time.

I won't even comment on 2020 and beyond because it's like predicting who the president will be in 2031... in Nigeria.
    Last edited by bigpoodle; 28th October 2011 at 11:51.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoodle View Post
    Seriously doubt that will happen given that the ratio of silver to gold in the Earth is 16 to 1, and actually much more because a lot of the gold in that figure is unattainable where the silver is not. Alternatives would be found anyway because if the price was that much nobody would be able to afford every day products that it goes into.

I also doubt that it will be until 2015 that silver hits an average of $50, especially considering we've seen the average price raise 400% in only the last 7-8 years. It would be a rather conservative estimate if things continued (and they should as supply dwindles and demand increases) to see an 80% gain in 2 years time.

I won't even comment on 2020 and beyond because it's like predicting who the president will be 2031... in Lagos, Nigeria.
    What's IN the earth doesn't count. It's what's ABOVE the earth that falls into the "supply and demand" formula for determining current price.

How many ounces of gold have ended up in the city dump, compared to silver? How many ounces of gold are still in circulation from the time it was mined, compared to silver. It's like 6 ounces of gold to one ounce silver that's available for delivery, when you look at actual inventory?

You can keep score by watching the final stages of failing global currencies. I say we're in the 8th inning.

The last time Lindsey Williams gave an interview, he said the reason silver and gold are being kept down is so the upper class can transfer and buy as much as they can before the flood gates open. I have thought this for a while and he was the first person to come out and verify my hunch was correct.

The goal is simple. Buy as much silver as you possibly can, and forget about the daily price swings.

Steelworker Guest

It does sound quite reasonable. altough if we get major inflation, our real returns won't be too good.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverCoin View Post
    I was going over silver charts over the last few decades and doing calculations on what silver prices may be in the future. Note: These prices are upward trends based on cycles of previous years, not determined by spikes in the market. These are my predictions of $$ per ounce we should expect to see based on past market trending.
    (Prices may go above these or below listed during the allotted year, but will average at the prices I listed)

2015: $50

2020: $90

2025: $190

2030: $400!!

What do you guys think!?

Since the current demand is largely fed by new supply, what's in the Earth most certainly counts.

No idea where you think that 6 ounces of gold exist to one ounce of silver above ground. Silver exists in so many forms where gold does not. I've never found gold flatware, candy dishes, or photography waste. Heck, silver coins are even still in circulation. I've never gotten a gold coin in change at a convenient store. I've never seen a gold chain at the thrift stores around here.

If push came to shove and the price went insane, old silver would be ending up in refineries at a record level.

As I pack this 35ozt sterling lot for melt today, I wonder where the 210 ozt of gold is that I seem to be missing.
    Last edited by bigpoodle; 28th October 2011 at 12:14.

Steelworker Guest

Don't you know history? They always are predicting major shortages, which of course, never happen!!!

Don't forget, at the rate of consumption, by 2020, silver will be "effectively extinct" as an element.
    Meaning:
    silver will be so rare that it will pay handsomely to crawl through card umps and open landfills

Steelworker Guest

Dream On and on and on

Quote Originally Posted by SilverHawk View Post
    I like.

Just that the 400 will be hit before 2013.

Fiat currencies are living on borrowed time.

Had everything been left alone to fail, we would already be at 400.

As in musical chairs, the record player quit rotating, and now the central banks are moving the record around the turntable with their finger hoping no one detects a change in the music.

Meaning:

I wonder about this graph a little bit, for example Terbium should be mined out, but there is still plenty (although it looks like the price has gone up 10 times in the last 6 months)

I am also pretty sure that in 2055 there will be plenty of gold to be had.

I took a look at the original site, heureusement je parle francais

they seem to have a luddite agenda, and have lots of misplaced faith in the UN.

I agree about the landfills though, already japan-s-landfills-abound-with-gold-silver-and-platinum.html