Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
At least we are smarter than those copper investors
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 46

Thread: At least we are smarter than those copper investors

  1. #1
    Steelworker Guest

    Default At least we are smarter than those copper investors

    On April 28, 2010 copper was 3.36 and now it's 3.70, a measly 10% gain. In sharp contrast, silver has DOUBLED from 17.96 to over thirty five in that same time period.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Copper has gained over 700% in the last 25 years. That's more than gold.
    Still, investing in copper is effin' stupid.

    You can either A. buy it in bulk and have no room to store a meaningful amount, or B. spend $1/ounce on rounds and never make your money back. For these reasons alone copper investment makes no sense.

    But the long term return is NOT the problem.

    It's also not really fair to take a snapshot of silver in a limited timeframe and boast returns. The metal is volatile as all hell and we've all seen it gain and lose > 10% in one trading day. I can make the same argument for why silver is a terrible, losing investment if I decide to look at only a tiny piece of its history.
    Last edited by bigpoodle; 28th October 2011 at 09:44.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,654

    Default

    I've started saving nickels. LOL. Yeah ever since I saw that Kyle Bass interview where he bought 2 mill of them from the FED, I too have started saving them. And even saving the pre-1982 pennies. What the heck. Whats a few more pounds of metal...

    I don't think copper traders ever get delivery. Silver, yes. Unless you melt it down, copper is strickly a paper to paper trade.

    Everything runs in waves. I believe CCJoe made a good profit on copper when silver was only muddling along, last year.

    Until the conditions get worse, we're at the mercy of the FED who controls the markets

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverHawk View Post
    I don't think copper traders ever get delivery. Silver, yes. Unless you melt it down, copper is strickly a paper to paper trade.
    Sure they get delivery. But you're right, there is also the paper trade. I see that the same as I see silver and gold "accounts" where you send your money and the value of the account is based on the metal. In that case, you don't own metal, you own a promise to pay based on metal values. If they want to add premiums or worse yet, file bankruptcy; you're stuck. For me owning PM is owning in the traditional sense; in my possession. For that reason alone copper is an easy pass decision

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigpoodle View Post
    Sure they get delivery. But you're right, there is also the paper trade. I see that the same as I see silver and gold "accounts" where you send your money and the value of the account is based on the metal. In that case, you don't own metal, you own a promise to pay based on metal values. If they want to add premiums or worse yet, file bankruptcy; you're stuck. For me owning PM is owning in the traditional sense; in my possession. For that reason alone copper is an easy pass decision
    Who do you know that has a brick of copper sent to their house? I don't know of any venue to sell it, other than the scrap metal yard who'll give you 60% of spot. The coin shop won't buy it. So what? You're going to send it back to the COMEX when you want to sell?

    Come on....

  6. #6
    rodger Guest

    Default

    Copper is a good paper buy. A simple click of the button and can easily double your money if buy on the low. I think you have a better chance of double your money on copper then silver in 70s. People will panic sell in 50s.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rodger View Post
    Copper is a good paper buy. A simple click of the button and can easily double your money if buy on the low. I think you have a better chance of double your money on copper then silver in 70s. People will panic sell in 50s.
    You really need to get out more. Make some friends. Breath in some fresh air once in a while. Maybe clean up your apartment or get a job like the rest of us. I envision you as a lonely hermit who lives in a filth infested low rent studio apartment, who is collecting a monthly SSI check...

  8. #8
    Steelworker Guest

    Default

    You seem to be a very wise and savvy investor.


    Quote Originally Posted by rodger View Post
    Copper is a good paper buy. A simple click of the button and can easily double your money if buy on the low. I think you have a better chance of double your money on copper then silver in 70s. People will panic sell in 50s.

  9. #9
    Steelworker Guest

    Default

    Why don't you stick with the facts and don't make personal comments?


    Quote Originally Posted by SilverHawk View Post
    You really need to get out more. Make some friends. Breath in some fresh air once in a while. Maybe clean up your apartment or get a job like the rest of us. I envision you as a lonely hermit who lives in a filth infested low rent studio apartment, who is collecting a monthly SSI check...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverHawk View Post
    Who do you know that has a brick of copper sent to their house? I don't know of any venue to sell it, other than the scrap metal yard who'll give you 60% of spot. The coin shop won't buy it. So what? You're going to send it back to the COMEX when you want to sell?

    Come on....
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...w=copper+ingot

    why, nobody at all!

    *laff*

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •