Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Physical silver running out because its spot price does not reflect true investment demand - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Physical silver running out because its spot price does not reflect true investment demand

Quote Originally Posted by silverheartbone View Post
    I think that you missed the heading: quoted from the article
    I simply highlighted a portion of the article linked by the webmaster.
    I was emphasizing the point that yet another analyst has stated silver market manipulation.
    So you were quoting something from someone else who makes things up out of their imagination?

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Shelley View Post
    So you were quoting something from someone else who makes things up out of their imagination?
    "Shelley", if you believe that the author is posting lies, then by all means you should take it up with the webmaster who brought the information to our attention.

How nice for you to respond here, as I was thinking of your (paid) protestations when I posted the quote.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Methinks that you must have slipped a neuron because you'll find no post by be stating any 100 to 1 figure.

If you must know, I believe in the reserve figures given here http://usdebtclock.org/gold-precious-metals.html which indicate that there are 17,388,331,000 ounces of silver reserves and 1,731,247,000 gold ounces.

This yields the (SHB approved) reserve silver to gold ratio of 10.

I'm using Barbie's friend Ken's foot locker, and it's not full.
    When you copy someone else's information as fact or supporting information and it is ass backwards and is 100 to 1, doesn't that count as coming from you? You have to admit one hundredth is the same as 100 to 1. I didn't mention the ass backwards part originally and I couldn't figure out where the 100 to 1 ratio was coming from. Everyone knows the in ground reserves are 16 to 1 or less, so I figured you must be talking about above ground numbers at 100 to 1. My best guess was you were taking COMEX Registered inventory and adding it to London's and coming up with 50 million. Multiply that by 100 and you get to the estimated 5 billion ounces of above ground Gold.

So in recapping:

You copied someone else's statement and didn't catch a major screw up between Gold and Silver. DING

Your an Engineer and a certified math teacher and you didn't catch the difference between a tenth and a hundredth. DING AND ONE HALF

You copied someone else's statement that spells with a lisp (estimatated) and you didn't correct it. ONE HALF DING

That's a total of THREE neurons gone bad in one fell swoop!!!!

That's like something I'd do in the middle of the night when I forget to take my meds, I'm in a daze and I don't even have enough sense to run my spell checker.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

Exclamation good gosh, it ain't even a full moon

Quote Originally Posted by valerb View Post
    When you copy someone else's information as fact or supporting information and it is ass backwards and is 100 to 1, doesn't that count as coming from you?
    No.
    It means that the point needs to be emphasized.
    Usually I agree, however many times I don't.
    Coming from me is the stuff that I don't present as a quote.
    I almost always link quotes,
    except when it SHOULD BE OBVIOUS because i state it (like in this thread).
    I post these quotes for many reasons.
    This is not new, I've done it for years in thousands of posts on several forums.

You have to admit one hundredth is the same as 100 to 1. I didn't mention the ass backwards part originally and I couldn't figure out where the 100 to 1 ratio was coming from. Everyone knows the in ground reserves are 16 to 1 or less, so I figured you must be talking about above ground numbers at 100 to 1. My best guess was you were taking COMEX Registered inventory and adding it to London's and coming up with 50 million. Multiply that by 100 and you get to the estimated 5 billion ounces of above ground Gold.
    Whew. O... K.

So in recapping:

You copied someone else's statement and didn't catch a major screw up between Gold and Silver. DING
    I still have no idea what you are on about there.

Your an Engineer and a certified math teacher and you didn't catch the difference between a tenth and a hundredth. DING AND ONE HALF
    Again I have no idea.

You copied someone else's statement that spells with a lisp (estimatated) and you didn't correct it. ONE HALF DING
    DING DING
    I think it's considered bad form to modify quotes Vale.
    I did notice the spelling.
    Firefox places a little red squiggle under misspellings.

That's a total of THREE neurons gone bad in one fell swoop!!!!

That's like something I'd do in the middle of the night when I forget to take my meds, I'm in a daze and I don't even have enough sense to run my spell checker.
    OK.
    Thanks.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone

"Shelley", if you believe that the author is posting lies, then by all means you should take it up with the webmaster who brought the information to our attention.
    How nice for you to respond here, as I was thinking of your (paid) protestations when I posted the quote.
    One might think that if you were going to post a quote as part of your opinion, that you would check it out first, or explain why you thought it was incorrect.

Since you have "no idea", I have to say I'm glad you weren't the engineer who designed any of the buildings or vehicles or mechanical objects I use.

Arrow "running out" is too subjective of a phrase to use in that headline.

Now let's see if we can get back on topic here.

Physical silver running out because its spot price does not reflect true investment demand

If Gold is spot priced @round $1650,
    and there is a documented in the ground natural 1:10 Gold/Silver Ratio,
    then I think there is much evidence to support Mr Cooper's poorly worded premise.

Angry too bad the trolls won't allow a topic to be discussed

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Shelley View Post
    One might think that if you were going to post a quote as part of your opinion, that you would check it out first, or explain why you thought it was incorrect.

Since you have "no idea", I have to say I'm glad you weren't the engineer who designed any of the buildings or vehicles or mechanical objects I use.
    Cockroach, I just quoted you and it is not part of my opinion.

This should make it easier to follow:

Original
    Silver reserves have been estimatated at one-hundredth of gold reserves

Correct
    Gold reserves have been estimatated at one-tenth of Silver reserves

I never corrected his spelling error either or I would have been mis-quoting you.

Your original response to me was: Methinks that you must have slipped a neuron because you'll find no post by be stating any 100 to 1 figure. And methinks you did!

I don't know who wrote that article, but that one sentence was enough to really screw with someones mind if they were paying attention and are not already aware of the Gold to Silver Ratio in the ground.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

Cool I can nitpick with the best. Remember I'm a teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by valerb View Post
    This should make it easier to follow:

Original
    Silver reserves have been estimatated at one-hundredth of gold reserves

Correct

I never corrected his spelling error either or I would have been mis-quoting you.

Your original response to me was: Methinks that you must have slipped a neuron because you'll find no post by be stating any 100 to 1 figure. And methinks you did!
    Incorrect:

Corrected:
    Gold reserves have been estimated at one-tenth of silver reserves.

I don't know who wrote that article, but that one sentence was enough to really screw with someones mind if they were paying attention and are not already aware of the Gold to Silver Ratio in the ground.
    Subject:Physical silver running out because its spot price does not reflect true investment demand
    By: Peter Cooper, Arabian Money
    I don't know him either.

Peace.

Incorrect:
    Corrected:
    Gold reserves have been estimated at one-tenth of silver reserves.
    I don't know him either.
    Peace.
    For the people arguing ratios and above and below ground amounts, keep in mind you are discussing two commodities whose uses are very dissimilar other than the fact that some people like to collect them.