Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Anyone else hear about this Georgia HB 430?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else hear about this Georgia HB 430?

Default Anyone else hear about this Georgia HB 430?

Talking

What R They Up To??

They Will Take Your Silver As Payment????
    '

Default Hb 430

Google it,
    It looks like its a Ron Paul sponsored bill for Georgians that want to return to sound Constitutional money. If it passes it won't go into effect until January 2010.

Default heavy

Amazing...that's heavy duty!

I almost fell out of my chair when I read this. This ought to rattle a cage or two in the Federal Govt. I live in GA too! Now I have to go study the Constitutional rights of States on this matter. This is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by cugir321 View Post
    Amazing...that's heavy duty!
    It's really not that amazing....it's the way it SHOULD be and the way the founding fathers wanted it to be.

It's only heavy because we have been screwed for so long.

That is great news and is consistent with what Ron Paul has just said which is the dollar has all but officially collapsed. I expect more states to pass such resolutions very very soon.

Ardent Listener Guest

Delted due to double post.

Ardent Listener Guest

There was something similar with another state a while back. I'm no legal expert on such things but there still is the matter of this..............

The Gold Reserve Act of 1934 abrogated the gold clause in government and private contracts and changed the value of the dollar in gold from $20.67 to $35 per ounce. This price remained until August 15, 1971 when President Richard Nixon announced that the United States would no longer convert dollars to gold at a fixed value, thus abandoning the gold standard for foreign exchange (see Nixon Shock).
    The limitation on gold ownership in the U.S. was repealed after President Gerald Ford signed a bill legalizing private ownership of gold coins, bars and certificates by an act of Congress codified in Pub.L. 93-373 [1] [2] which went into effect December 31, 1974. P.L. 93-373 does not repeal the Gold Clause Resolution of 1933, which makes unlawful any contracts which specify payment in a fixed amount of money or a fixed amount of gold. That is, contracts are unenforceable if they use gold monetarily rather than as a commodity of trade.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_6102

I believe the key to the issue is the word "fixed" if you read the bill the value of gold/silver used in payment is not fixed but rather is tied to the daily spot price.