Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Safe Deposit Boxes - Page 9
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Safe Deposit Boxes

Quote Originally Posted by silverheartbone View Post
    clr8ter, I apologize. You are not crazy.
    And I missed the "theoretically" part, you certainly are not ignorant.
    I overreacted after I saw that graphic combined with your reply.
    That Federal DIC is just part of that big federal beast.
    Any positive mention of the beast sometime causes a severe reaction.
    Sorry 'bout that.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Apparently, no one bothered to click on the link I posted. If you did, you would see the FDIC doesn't have anywhere close to enough money to cover all the bank deposits. Neither does the government. As for contents of safe deposit boxes, yes of course the contents remain the property of the people who rented the boxes. The federal government still has hundreds and hundreds of cardboard boxes full of stuff from safe deposit boxes taken from closed banks in the 1930's. The government is just holding those cardboard boxes, waiting for people to come forward and claim the stuff. There must be a reason they don't want to explain to federal agents why they had what they had.

Go back and click on the link. Read the article.

Meanwhile, if you want some nifty stainless steel safe deposit boxes removed from closed banks, let me know. My locksmith friend is in Greely, Colorado.
    "If you don't know where you're going, you might end up some place else."
    - Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by Xizang View Post
    Apparently, no one bothered to click on the link I posted. If you did, you would see the FDIC doesn't have anywhere close to enough money to cover all the bank deposits. Neither does the government. As for contents of safe deposit boxes, yes of course the contents remain the property of the people who rented the boxes. The federal government still has hundreds and hundreds of cardboard boxes full of stuff from safe deposit boxes taken from closed banks in the 1930's. The government is just holding those cardboard boxes, waiting for people to come forward and claim the stuff. There must be a reason they don't want to explain to federal agents why they had what they had.

Go back and click on the link. Read the article.

Meanwhile, if you want some nifty stainless steel safe deposit boxes removed from closed banks, let me know. My locksmith friend is in Greely, Colorado.

There is a good explanation, they didn't have a real identification system back then. People simply died and there was no way of knowing who the next of kin was. Many people were hiding there information and in some cases cash from others under a false name and they would simply die and again no next of kin. It's much more difficult to do that today, but not impossible. Same problem with the next of kin even when they have the correct information. All states have lists a mile long containing the names of people that have left money behind from one source or anther and it's up to these people or their relatives to find it. Some would like us to believe those boxes were left unclaimed because they contain information that could be held against them in a court of law and that might be true in a few cases, but I'm sure they are the exception versus the rule.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

Quote Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
    If they were to go into my account and take money out, or if they were to go into my SDB and take something out, I would consider that stealing equally. I see no difference.
    I don't like the idea of Bank Holidays. Cyprus was "locked down" four days. Four days the People did not have access to their property in SDBs.
    Personally, I'll go with a good quality, fire resistant, strong box. Easy to add to the Bug Out Baggage, easy to hide out of sight in you home/apartment. If you happen to use a public storage locker/room a strong box can be easily hid in there too.
    If I decide to leave because of a federally declare "banking emergency/Holiday" I do want to be held hostage waiting for, OR having to come back for contents in a SDB.

But That's Just Me
    Gb

LUCK favors the PREPARED darling. - "Edna Mole"

ATTENTION Liberals and Progressives - The path to HELL is paved with good intentions.
    ( The USA is certainly spiraling in that direction)

"The future ain't what it used to be". - Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by Goldbrix View Post
    I don't like the idea of Bank Holidays. Cyprus was "locked down" four days. Four days the People did not have access to their property in SDBs.
    Personally, I'll go with a good quality, fire resistant, strong box. Easy to add to the Bug Out Baggage, easy to hide out of sight in you home/apartment. If you happen to use a public storage locker/room a strong box can be easily hid in there too.
    If I decide to leave because of a federally declare "banking emergency/Holiday" I do want to be held hostage waiting for, OR having to come back for contents in a SDB.

But That's Just Me

How about those that jumped into Silver when you could buy 5,000 ounces for $25,000. That's 343 pounds of dead weight and it won't fit in any strong box that you can easily hide let along add to your bug out bag.

Didn't invest it all at once and you have $60,000 for 10,000 ounces. That's 686 pounds and requires a couple of decent size safes at home and they are much harder to hide, let alone carry.

Actually the safes this size would more than likely be too heavy to carry in your vehicle loaded with Silver, let alone two or more of them.

Of course it all depends on what form you are storing your Silver in, as 100 ounce bars are much more compact than one ounce rounds. But 100 ounces it still 100 ounces of dead weight to haul around.

If your a Gold bug, then you can store the same amount in a strong box, as the total weight would only be 12.5 pounds.

I'm not trying to insinuate that only people buying Silver when it was cheap, can afford to have a hefty amount of Silver to try to store and haul around, just that it was so much easier to accumulate a large amount with so much less than today, that in all likelihood, many of our members may actually find it difficult to try and hide let alone bug out with their stash. Especially if your vehicle is already loaded down.

Try and imagine stuffing any vehicle full of family and survival goods and then adding another 300 to 600 pounds or more.

And what's more important to hit the road with than a lot of heavy bottled water if TSHTF?

Nothing like a large SUV, RV or a trailer you can haul around, but many of us are not allowed to own an RV or trailer unless we store it somewhere. I can't own a SUV as my wife can't handle one and that would be a disaster of a mistake if something happened to me while on the road.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

Anything in a bank, belongs to the bank. Including the contents of your SDB. As so previously stated, when Cyprus closed the doors, people couldn't even access those boxes. You are an "authorized signatory" for funds that the bank holds in your corporate name. Deposit insurance will become the thing of the past (precedent setting in Cyprus). Banks do you no favors. Create your own SDB where the doors don't lock............

[QUOTE=Malus;243775]Anything in a bank, belongs to the bank. Including the contents of your SDB.QUOTE]

Indeed, and possession is 9/10ths of the Law. People in the Eurozone are jittery as heck after the Cyprus Bank holidays, and the theft from accounts. There have been large capital outflows from the EZ banks. The trust is evapourating. PMs are the only safe haven. I find it unbelievable that despite all the evidence, and all economic history, people still think the banks are to be trusted. It's simple. Would you have trusted Jimmy Saville to babysit the kids?

[QUOTE=gollumthegreat;243778]
    Quote Originally Posted by Malus View Post
    Anything in a bank, belongs to the bank. Including the contents of your SDB.QUOTE]

Indeed, and possession is 9/10ths of the Law. People in the Eurozone are jittery as heck after the Cyprus Bank holidays, and the theft from accounts. There have been large capital outflows from the EZ banks. The trust is evapourating. PMs are the only safe haven. I find it unbelievable that despite all the evidence, and all economic history, people still think the banks are to be trusted. It's simple. Would you have trusted Jimmy Saville to babysit the kids?

One would never expect you to trust anyone or anyone to ever trust you. You do not participate in any programs and yet everyone is dependent on you for their financial safety in case of an accident.

You can't trust a locked box inside a bank vault, but you can trust your share of some fund that is suppose to protect yourself and others in case of an accident where you might be at fault. Hummm.

I can surely understand those in the EU being concerned about their bank accounts, but they must not be too concerned or those banks would have already closed their doors or at least put daily withdrawal limits on all accounts.

I still find it amusing that there is no safe place on earth for anyones money accept in physical precious metals and only if you buy if from a dealer and never directly from the COMEX.

Plus the more people that buy into that line, the more people are scrambling for the tiny bit of PM that is available in the retail market and the more those PM dealers can charge for a premium.

What a racket these clowns have built for themselves. I just hope I never have to re-enter that rat race again. I can never say never, but I can always hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Malus View Post
    Anything in a bank, belongs to the bank. Including the contents of your SDB. As so previously stated, when Cyprus closed the doors, people couldn't even access those boxes. You are an "authorized signatory" for funds that the bank holds in your corporate name. Deposit insurance will become the thing of the past (precedent setting in Cyprus). Banks do you no favors. Create your own SDB where the doors don't lock............

Show us any bank contract that states the contents of your safe deposit box belongs to anyone other than the box holder. Just because a bank closes it's doors during a banking holiday, does not mean they have taken possession of anyones safe deposit box.

Those unlocked doors you are so fond of, are also unlocked to the rest of the world and mother nature as well.

Quote Originally Posted by valerb View Post
    Show us any bank contract that states the contents of your safe deposit box belongs to anyone other than the box holder. Just because a bank closes it's doors during a banking holiday, does not mean they have taken possession of anyones safe deposit box.

Those unlocked doors you are so fond of, are also unlocked to the rest of the world and mother nature as well.

I think we've hit a raw nerve. Why do you defend BSDBs so vehemently, Val? Did you work or know someone who worked in the "industry"? Or, do you defend it because you need to reinforce your stupid belief, that just because they wear a smile, and don't wear a mask, they're not going to rob you. What if your government or courts decides you're a terrorist, and uses that as an excuse to have you're BSDB? Or the IRS wants a check on you're wealth. Nothing is locked to the rest of the world. Not even a chastity belt. Too right I don't trust anyone. I'm a realist.