Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
Safe Deposit Boxes - Page 12
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 115 of 115

Thread: Safe Deposit Boxes

  1. #111
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,851

    Default

    We all know the stories of cops conducting no-knock drug busts in the middle of the night - often at wrong addresses. I know of several. And there's no way these same geniuses could pop the wrong safe deposit box - yours???
    "If you don't know where you're going, you might end up some place else."
    - Yogi Berra

  2. #112
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    9,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xizang View Post
    We all know the stories of cops conducting no-knock drug busts in the middle of the night - often at wrong addresses. I know of several. And there's no way these same geniuses could pop the wrong safe deposit box - yours???

    It's not like the cops would be going into a vault and opening boxes, it would be done by the bank personnel and a lock smith. They wouldn't be making a mistake and opening the wrong box. But what if they did open mine, I have nothing to hide and proof of where and when I bought everything and that includes all the currency as well and where it came from. So unless they are stealing it from everyone, I don't have anything to fear. The only people that would have to fear a raid would be those that can't account for the contents and that's not me.

    I've faced decades of audits and If you've ever had to deal with auditors, you'd know the one thing they appreciate more than anything, is meticulous record keeping. There is no way to get them off your back faster than to make everything so clear up front that they don't even have to ask questions. I also highly doubt that a bank would allow any box to be seized without a complete audit of the contents before it left their possession, to insure part of a customers contents didn't just disappear. Banks are rather meticulous about their responsibility to their customers also.

    Those people in the UK didn't have any problems getting their contents back as long as they could prove that is was all good. I'm not storing anything like diamonds or anything else that would be difficult to prove where it came from, it's value and that I was able to afford it and that I did in fact purchase it.

    You people can keep coming up with all kinds of wild ideas about how a safe deposit box is not safe, but until they are being raided and the contents stolen by the US government, they are safe. I wouldn't bet my checking and savings account, but I believe those safe deposit boxes will be the last thing to fall and I don't believe they will be subject to any government tax raid, as there is no evidence of there contents. That's probably why they were not attacked on Cyprus.

    Again, there are trillions in digital form for the taking, why would they go to all the trouble to physically raid safe deposit boxes. That would be like raiding all the houses in the US with metal detectors looking for PM, when they have over a billion ounces staring them right in the face at COMEX, SLV and the Bullion vaults. You don't go looking for a needle in the hay stack when there is a case of needles right in front of you.

    For every box they drill the lock on, they have to pay to have it replaced and there are how many millions in US banks? Since only a tiny fraction of US citizens own any precious metals, it might be assumed that an even smaller number would actually have it stored in safe deposit boxes. Besides the expense of opening and resealing millions of boxes, they would have to spend billions on man hours for people to stand there while these boxes where opened and closed and contents audited if needed. The US government would have to have the lock companies go into overtime to produce millions of locks in advance to replace the existing ones. You can't keep a secret like that from getting out to the public. Not to mention trampling all over constitutional rights.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

  3. #113
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Zionot, Squashkenazi
    Posts
    11,457

    Exclamation bankster bandit booty

    When I saw this story, I immediately thought about Vale's silver and cash stash.

    Call Kurtis: Safe Boxes May Not Be Safe After All


    ORANGEVALE (CBS13) – A woman says her bank let her safe deposit box vanish. And she’s not the only one.

    Susan Nomi says when she went to open her Bank of America safe deposit box of 16 years, the entire box was gone.

    That’s where she kept her family’s jewelry and her dad’s coin collection.


    more at the link...

    Who you gonna call?

    KURTIS
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

  4. #114
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Zionot, Squashkenazi
    Posts
    11,457

    Arrow yous pays yours money and yous takes yours chances

    Quote Originally Posted by valerb View Post
    It's not like the cops would be going into a vault and opening boxes, it would be done by the bank personnel and a lock smith. They wouldn't be making a mistake and opening the wrong box. But what if they did open mine, I have nothing to hide and proof of where and when I bought everything and that includes all the currency as well and where it came from. So unless they are stealing it from everyone, I don't have anything to fear. The only people that would have to fear a raid would be those that can't account for the contents and that's not me.

    I've faced decades of audits and If you've ever had to deal with auditors, you'd know the one thing they appreciate more than anything, is meticulous record keeping. There is no way to get them off your back faster than to make everything so clear up front that they don't even have to ask questions. I also highly doubt that a bank would allow any box to be seized without a complete audit of the contents before it left their possession, to insure part of a customers contents didn't just disappear. Banks are rather meticulous about their responsibility to their customers also.

    Those people in the UK didn't have any problems getting their contents back as long as they could prove that is was all good. I'm not storing anything like diamonds or anything else that would be difficult to prove where it came from, it's value and that I was able to afford it and that I did in fact purchase it.

    You people can keep coming up with all kinds of wild ideas about how a safe deposit box is not safe, but until they are being raided and the contents stolen by the US government, they are safe. I wouldn't bet my checking and savings account, but I believe those safe deposit boxes will be the last thing to fall and I don't believe they will be subject to any government tax raid, as there is no evidence of there contents. That's probably why they were not attacked on Cyprus.

    Again, there are trillions in digital form for the taking, why would they go to all the trouble to physically raid safe deposit boxes. That would be like raiding all the houses in the US with metal detectors looking for PM, when they have over a billion ounces staring them right in the face at COMEX, SLV and the Bullion vaults. You don't go looking for a needle in the hay stack when there is a case of needles right in front of you.

    For every box they drill the lock on, they have to pay to have it replaced and there are how many millions in US banks? Since only a tiny fraction of US citizens own any precious metals, it might be assumed that an even smaller number would actually have it stored in safe deposit boxes. Besides the expense of opening and resealing millions of boxes, they would have to spend billions on man hours for people to stand there while these boxes where opened and closed and contents audited if needed. The US government would have to have the lock companies go into overtime to produce millions of locks in advance to replace the existing ones. You can't keep a secret like that from getting out to the public. Not to mention trampling all over constitutional rights.
    After checking out the story I just linked above, you just might want to reconsider your stance.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

  5. #115
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    9,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverheartbone View Post
    When I saw this story, I immediately thought about Vale's silver and cash stash.

    Call Kurtis: Safe Boxes May Not Be Safe After All


    ORANGEVALE (CBS13) – A woman says her bank let her safe deposit box vanish. And she’s not the only one.

    Susan Nomi says when she went to open her Bank of America safe deposit box of 16 years, the entire box was gone.

    That’s where she kept her family’s jewelry and her dad’s coin collection.


    more at the link...

    Who you gonna call?

    KURTIS

    First off you have to consider the odds of that happening to you with 25 million safe deposit boxes in the U.S.

    Why would an ongoing bank drill open anyone's box unless they have not paid their bill, delivered notice or not? My fees are auto deducted from my checking accounts each year.

    What are the odds of your Silver disappearing if you store it with a dealer? At least the Banks are trying to make things right, can't say that for Tulving, Bullion Direct or NWTM.

    What are the odds of your house being destroyed by natural disaster (over 8,000 by wild fires in 2017) or other means compared to the safe deposit box problem. Try and get your insurance company to reimburse you for lost Silver unless you have it declared and pay a higher premium.

    There is nothing 100% safe, only different options are more safe than other options.

    As far as any bank opening your box and disposing of the contents, each state has their own laws governing how these boxes must be handled in their state.
    Last edited by valerb; 30th July 2018 at 09:19.
    I'm a proud member of Eggshellman's Liar, Shill, and bully club and a new member of the Super Jew Defense League!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •