Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

The Public Be Damned - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Public Be Damned

Have been reading Ted since he started writing for IR in late 90's, but he is off base with this one. What is he but a speculator in the market - if you are not a user or a producer, you are a speculator. Since mine supply of silver is in excess of the industrial demand (net of recycling), the supply-demand curve is naturally driven by speculation, whether on the part of larger or smaller participants. This dog don't hunt.

Default Speculators

There is a time dimension to speculation. To qualify as a speculator you really need to have a relatively short horizon. Silver is moving inexorably into strong hands who intend to hold for the long term as they view silver as a superior store of value compared to fiat currencies.

If you think demand for silver as a store of value is high now, and qualifies as speculation, wait until we really get some speculation into this market. You won't know what hit you! Right now very few individual and institutional investors own silver. The bubble is T Bonds boys and girls. We have a yield gap (instead of a reverse yield gap) for the first time in 60 years. Yet inflation is rising. Bonds will be a train wreck. Wait till investors start to see serious capital depreciation on their T Bond portfolios. What will they buy? I wonder...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliahk View Post
    Have been reading Ted since he started writing for IR in late 90's, but he is off base with this one. What is he but a speculator in the market - if you are not a user or a producer, you are a speculator. Since mine supply of silver is in excess of the industrial demand (net of recycling), the supply-demand curve is naturally driven by speculation, whether on the part of larger or smaller participants. This dog don't hunt.
    Kaliahk, the dog hunts and your premise is flat out wrong.

One could be a user, producer, speculator, or saver.

Unless you want to classify a saver as a user, which I certainly do, which would make Ted a user.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Quote Originally Posted by silverheartbone View Post
    Kaliahk, the dog hunts and your premise is flat out wrong.
    One could be a user, producer, speculator, or saver.
    Unless you want to classify a saver as a user, which I certainly do, which would make Ted a user.
    The only way to classify a "saver" as a user is if they plan to bury their Silver in the back yard and never ever dig it up and die with it still there. Otherwise, they are all speculators, and to say otherwise is a flight of fancy.

Default some collectors are savers, some are speculators, all may be frustrated with the mint

"I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Shelley View Post
    The only way to classify a "saver" as a user is if they plan to bury their Silver in the back yard and never ever dig it up and die with it still there. Otherwise, they are all speculators, and to say otherwise is a flight of fancy.
    This Matty guy slays me. Hey Matty. I started out a speculator. Since I haven't bought in a couple years I have become a saver. Save Save Save. Sure feels better than Speculating. Too you fine people of SS, Matt earns his living speculating with other peoples money. I don't know if he does well or not, but it's his job. If I were good at what he does, I wouldn't be here as often as he is. I also wouldn't cut you in. I would multiply my own funds.

By the way Matty have another beer. Better yet, have mine. I won't need it. I don't drink or use drugs in any form.

Default Semantics

Lets not get caught up in semantics. "Speculator" is just a word. It is investor behavior which is relevant. I, like many others, buy and hold silver as a long term store of value. If you want to then call me a "speculator", then so be it. You can call me a "kangaroo" if you want. It won't alter my behavior.

Chavez's demand for delivery of Venezuela's gold is a proxy for what is happening all over the metals markets. We are slowly moving to the "end game". The "authorities" can only keep the lid on this for so long. They know this. They have always known this.

The sad thing is that the regulators could have mitigated this. Instead, by their inaction they have exacerbated it. As I have said, nobody will wear orange suits. The system is too crooked for that. But the free market will eventually have its way. In all of human history this has been the case. This time won't be the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Lets not get caught up in semantics. "Speculator" is just a word. It is investor behavior which is relevant. I, like many others, buy and hold silver as a long term store of value. If you want to then call me a "speculator", then so be it. You can call me a "kangaroo" if you want. It won't alter my behavior.

Chavez's demand for delivery of Venezuela's gold is a proxy for what is happening all over the metals markets. We are slowly moving to the "end game". The "authorities" can only keep the lid on this for so long. They know this. They have always known this.

The sad thing is that the regulators could have mitigated this. Instead, by their inaction they have exacerbated it. As I have said, nobody will wear orange suits. The system is too crooked for that. But the free market will eventually have its way. In all of human history this has been the case. This time won't be the exception.
    Agreed.......

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBlood View Post
    Agreed.......
    Ya man , its all over with, I'm sick of the kabbals and white males holding me down, its end game time now so all , now all the smart little guys who saved up all their silver nickels can rule the word. I'm off to go occupie crimex , I wish I could find my tent, we are really going to show everyone how smart we are when the whole world quits working, and every fiat dollar is worthless, I plan on buying a NASCAR , if they will throw in Daytona 500,track and a couple of dale earnheath signed things for a roll of eagles, 1986 of course, to sweets the deal for them, that's a big track. Man its going to be grreeeet, oh veal, that reminds me of that tiger guy on the cereal box, I gots to get me one of them to, better go buy a couple of extra coins, I bet tigers wont be cheap when fiat dies, i plan on hanging out in winners circle in my #3 earnheart signed daytona 500 car with my tiger. It's gonna be super sweet, glad I didn't sell at 43,last time and buy back in at 26,I could of missed lift off. Well I gotta go, my bunker , moms basment is full of water