Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Dump numismatic stuff?? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dump numismatic stuff??

Question

Boy I guess it's time to sell!
    I just watched an "86" ASE MS 70 go for $366.87 on ebay.

How do you all feel about the typical ASE, CM & Pandas, Will they stay above spot if the SHTF?
    Or do you believe that they will be the same as bullion?
    And the words of the LORD are flawless, like silver refined in a furnace of clay, purified seven times.
    Psalm 12:6

IMHO premium bullion coins especially, will always bring a premium. Perhaps not in the U.S., but when the rest of the world figures them out and they are no longer in production, which may not be far away, they will bring huge premiums. In our current silver market conditions, I don't see premiums coming down on products that are bringing higher premiums now, especially ASE.
    "The future isn't what it used to be" Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by Yabezlas View Post
    IMHO premium bullion coins especially, will always bring a premium. Perhaps not in the U.S., but when the rest of the world figures them out and they are no longer in production, which may not be far away, they will bring huge premiums. In our current silver market conditions, I don't see premiums coming down on products that are bringing higher premiums now, especially ASE.
    When do you suppose they will cut production? I just recently started buying up silver, and bought ASE and paid the premiums. Do you ever suppose the premiums will go down?
    To hope is to Fear.

Low supply caused the increase in the current premiums. I believe increased demand will cause premiums to maintain the current levels or adjust slightly up or down, but not by much. For premiums to come down, supply would have to increase and demand must decrease.
    "The future isn't what it used to be" Yogi Berra

If you do not spend your greenbacks on something beit coins or bullion now knowing full well that greenbacks will be "worth-less" tomorrow you are not thinking clearly. Silver coins of all types are a form of real money period. FRNs have no intrinsic value unless they are traded in for goods and services so you had better spend them. The government is all but telling you to spend the f-ing things through its recent actions designed to debase the currency further so if you do not get the message do not come crying later.

Quote Originally Posted by theelementofone View Post
    When do you suppose they will cut production? I just recently started buying up silver, and bought ASE and paid the premiums. Do you ever suppose the premiums will go down?
    I doubt that the premiums will ever go down as long as there are people who equate high premium with higher barter price when TSHTF. At that point an ounce is an ounce is an ounce.

"Boy I guess it's time to sell!
    I just watched an "86" ASE MS 70 go for $366.87 on ebay."

If someone wants .77 ounces of silver for $366.87 vs. ~20+ ounces of silver for the same price they must be well off already.
    in this present situation that is not a smart buy IMHO

i wouldn't sell any junk silver - the dimes are the lowest recognized forms of silver and if the SHTF and bartering takes off - welll, the lowest amount of silver could be traded for small items/jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by hideit View Post
    i wouldn't sell any junk silver - the dimes are the lowest recognized forms of silver and if the SHTF and bartering takes off - welll, the lowest amount of silver could be traded for small items/jobs.
    Silver is silver, but when TSHTF, they will be difficult to barter with unless you're going to buy an entire crop or a gallon of gas.
    "Information spreads at the speed of light, while ignorance is instantaneous at all points in the known universe"

if the SHTF your silver is not goin buy you anything more then it does now.....average american cannot tell you how much silver or if its really silver...There not goin trade there last snickers bar for a silver dime. Your all thinking at the very lowest thing to happend complete kaoss....Silver will not be the main batering...People do not have any silver to barter with...Poeple wouldnt know a real peice of silver from a fake peice...Food and water and necessities will be king. Work and bartering will be will common everyday things if it did get that bad.
    If you all think theres goin be a cash register at a store acepting silver only for food...ur all crazyyyyyy...first off if it was that bad there will be no stores...they would be all looted and robbed...they wouldnt make any silver cause 99% of the population dont own silver...Silver will go up this summer and then it will be time to sell when its at its peak..and buy back when the hype goes back down...People buy things when they are already high......and dont buy them when there cheap....and then get stuck with them