Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Dump numismatic stuff?? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dump numismatic stuff??

Ok I get what yall are saying many good points, I do believe that if the SHTF then barter is the main way to aquire goods and services. I have a tub full of pre 1982 pennies, would that be of any value in the SHTF scenario?
    To hope is to Fear.

Quote Originally Posted by theelementofone View Post
    Ok I get what yall are saying many good points, I do believe that if the SHTF then barter is the main way to aquire goods and services. I have a tub full of pre 1982 pennies, would that be of any value in the SHTF scenario?

Only as copper, IMO. Sell it now by the pound at a recycler and buy silver/gold with the proceeds.

Quote Originally Posted by theelementofone View Post
    Sure, it's the last currency in circulation that is backed by something. Could be used to make change for silver.

Quote Originally Posted by strawman View Post
    Only as copper, IMO. Sell it now by the pound at a recycler and buy silver/gold with the proceeds.
    Copper is only a third of what is was a few months ago....I wouldn't sell any copper I had now.
    TRUTH is not dependent on one's belief of it...
    John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

"Get Real"

akak Guest

I can tell you what I have already dumped, and will NEVER buy any longer --- all the overpriced proof & uncirculated crap from the US Mint! If there is ANYTHING that is more guaranteed to lose you money on the resale, I don't know what it is (except, just possibly, bank stocks). I got suckered in with them for far too many years, and with one or two exceptions (the Statue of Liberty and US Constitution sets from the 80's) that I will keep just for sentimental value, I got rid of all the rest of it last year --- and most of it just at bullion value, which is all that most of it ends up being worth a year or two after being issued.

If you like coin collecting for its own sake, fine, but as far as holding value in the long run, collector coins and sets from the US Mint might just as well be Beanie Babies.