Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Call to Glory II
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Call to Glory II

Default Call to Glory II

The I-DOLL
    -----------------------------------------

Psalms 115:2 Wherefore should the heathen say, Where is now their God?
    Psalms 115:3 But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased.
    Psalms 115:4 Their idols are silver and gold, the work of men's hands.
    Psalms 115:5 They have mouths, but they speak not: eyes have they, but they see not:
    Psalms 115:6 They have ears, but they hear not: noses have they, but they smell not:
    Psalms 115:7 They have hands, but they handle not: feet have they, but they walk not: neither speak they through their throat.
    Psalms 115:8 They that make them are like unto them; so is every one that trusteth in them.
    ----------------------------------

Our English word "idol" comes from the Greek word "eidolon," meaning "image."
    When one pictures an idol in his mind, he usually pictures a doll like figure made out of wood, stone, or metal. However, "idols" are not limited to such figures, but may be anything one allows to come between himself and the true God. An idol represents the
    one who trusts in it; it is truly in fact an "I-DOLL".
    It provides him with an image of his own creating, or something his own eyes can see,
    to look unto and in which to put his faith.

Isaiah 2:7 Their land also is full of silver and gold, neither is there any end of their treasures; their land is also full of horses, neither is there any end of their chariots:
    Isaiah 2:8 Their land also is full of idols; they worship the work of their own hands, that which their own fingers have made:
    Isaiah 2:9 And the mean man boweth down, and the great man humbleth himself: therefore forgive them not.
    Isaiah 2:10 Enter into the rock, and hide thee in the dust, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty.
    -------------------------------

The truth is that man needs the watch and care of his Creator, not of that which he
    himself has created.

Another fact is that one becomes like who or what he worships.

Psa 115:8 They that make them are like unto them; so is every one that trusteth in them.

In other words Idols make people stupid.
    Some worship riches and become as dull and Insensitive as those riches.
    Riches don't care about you. When you worship those riches, your care for others will diminish. You'll even be jealous of those that have those riches. Those who woship the devil are devilish. Those who worship the hosts of heaven (sun, stars, moon, etc.) become as mindless as they are. Those that worship anomals are animalistic.
    Those that worship rocks and stones have petrified brains and hearts. Those that worship flesh become as corrupt as flesh really is and are spiritual weaklings. those who worship anything but God will be anything but godly. Don't be blind, deaf and dumb like the "I-DOLL".

Is this a test on temptation???

'Cuz I'm really tempted!!! :P
    Caedite eos.

I see what your saying, Milo.
    People do not realize the many forms of false worship.
    False worship involves anything that replaces god, -idols and icons, even theology.

A wise friend once said 'man makes it difficult to know god'. These words rang so true to me.

Bob.

Does that mean I will have to stop I-DOLLising Chuckie.

Quote Originally Posted by gollumthegreat View Post
    Does that mean I will have to stop I-DOLLising Chuckie.
    One of my close friends was a star of a Chuckie movie. He was a trading floor rat like me when he was young.

Quote Originally Posted by Round Town View Post
    I see what your saying, Milo.
    People do not realize the many forms of false worship.
    False worship involves anything that replaces god, -idols and icons, even theology.

A wise friend once said 'man makes it difficult to know god'. These words rang so true to me.

Bob.
    A very wise man indeed brother Bob.

Genesis 6:12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.

Mat 26:41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Israel demanded a king to rule over them like the other nations. They forgot that they were God's chosen and He was their king. They felt a need for a king they could see and follow
    (they of little faith) into battle. They wanted a king to stand up before them and lead them. Israel made a mistake by demanding to be like the other nations around them.

Today, we find Christians desiring to be like the people around them. They want to dress like the world, go to worldly places, and would rather go golfing on Sunday than church. It seems we are no different than Israel of old. Instead of being satisfied with the Lord our God, we want more. We should remember we are God's people and he is our ever present Guide
    and Protector. We do not need the protection of the world nor do we need to be like them; for we have been commanded to come out from among them and to separate people.

Samuel Israel there sin. It is harvest time and it is very unusual to have rain during this time. Rain falling will show them their sins, but will also cost them money due to the loss of their harvest. God sent rain and thunder, and all the people greatly feared the Lord. The people said unto Samuel, " Pray for they servants unto the Lord thy God," for they personnel knowledge of the Lord. How sad today that we have people in our churches who has personnel knowledge of God. We need to make God our God and live according to His Word. I hope their is some one in your life that you can call upon to pray for you in times of need. Maybe your Pastor, parents or even grandparents, someone with access to God; then you yourself should have access to God.

Default Samul Shows Isreal

1Sa 12:16 Now therefore stand and see this great thing, which the LORD will do before your eyes.
    1Sa 12:17 Is it not wheat harvest to day? I will call unto the LORD, and he shall send thunder and rain; that ye may perceive and see that your wickedness is great, which ye have done in the sight of the LORD, in asking you a king.
    1Sa 12:18 So Samuel called unto the LORD; and the LORD sent thunder and rain that day: and all the people greatly feared the LORD and Samuel.
    1Sa 12:19 And all the people said unto Samuel, Pray for thy servants unto the LORD thy God, that we die not: for we have added unto all our sins this evil, to ask us a king.
    1Sa 12:20 And Samuel said unto the people, Fear not: ye have done all this wickedness: yet turn not aside from following the LORD, but serve the LORD with all your heart;
    1Sa 12:21 And turn ye not aside: for then should ye go after vain things, which cannot profit nor deliver; for they are vain.
    1Sa 12:22 For the LORD will not forsake his people for his great name's sake: because it hath pleased the LORD to make you his people.
    1Sa 12:23 Moreover as for me, God forbid that I should sin against the LORD in ceasing to pray for you: but I will teach you the good and the right way:
    1Sa 12:24 Only fear the LORD, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you.
    1Sa 12:25 But if ye shall still do wickedly, ye shall be consumed, both ye and your king.

Israel demanded a king to rule over them like the other nations. They forgot that they were God's chosen and He was their king. They felt a need for a king they could see and follow
    (they of little faith) into battle. They wanted a king to stand up before them and lead them.
    Israel made a mistake by demanding to be like the other nations around them.

Today, we find Christians desiring to be like the people around them. They want to dress like the world, go to worldly places, and would rather go golfing on Sunday than church. It seems we are no different than the Israel of old. Instead of being satisfied with the Lord our God, we want more. We should remember we are God's people and he is our ever present Guide
    and Protector. We do not need the protection of the world nor do we need to be like them; for we have been commanded to come out from among them and to separate people.

Samuel shows Israel there sin. It is harvest time and it is very unusual to have rain during this time. Rain falling will show them their sins, but will also cost them money due to the loss of their harvest. God sent rain and thunder, and all the people greatly feared the Lord. The people said unto Samuel, " Pray for they servants unto the Lord thy God," for they personnel knowledge of the Lord. How sad today that we have people in our churches who has personnel knowledge of God. We need to make God our God and live according to His Word. I hope their is some one in your life that you can call upon to pray for you in times of need. Maybe your Pastor, parents or even grandparents, someone with access to God; then you yourself should have access to God.

Peace and Love to the Brotherhood.

You yourself can also call on His Name and he will hear!

The Blessedness of Brokenness
    Psalm 31

Psa 31:1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness.
    Psa 31:2 Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defense to save me.
    Psa 31:3 For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.
    Psa 31:4 Pull me out of the net that they have laid privily for me: for thou art my strength.
    Psa 31:5 Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O LORD God of truth.
    Psa 31:6 I have hated them that regard lying vanities: but I trust in the LORD.
    Psa 31:7 I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy: for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;
    Psa 31:8 And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy: thou hast set my feet in a large room.
    Psa 31:9 Have mercy upon me, O LORD, for I am in trouble: mine eye is consumed with grief, yea, my soul and my belly.
    Psa 31:10 For my life is spent with grief, and my years with sighing: my strength faileth because of mine iniquity, and my bones are consumed.
    Psa 31:11 I was a reproach among all mine enemies, but especially among my neighbors, and a fear to mine acquaintance: they that did see me without fled from me.
    Psa 31:12 I am forgotten as a dead man out of mind: I am like a broken vessel.
    Psa 31:13 For I have heard the slander of many: fear was on every side: while they took counsel together against me, they devised to take away my life.
    Psa 31:14 But I trusted in thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my God.
    Psa 31:15 My times are in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me.
    Psa 31:16 Make thy face to shine upon thy servant: save me for thy mercies' sake.
    Psa 31:17 Let me not be ashamed, O LORD; for I have called upon thee: let the wicked be ashamed, and let them be silent in the grave.
    Psa 31:18 Let the lying lips be put to silence; which speak grievous things proudly and contemptuously against the righteous.
    Psa 31:19 Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!
    Psa 31:20 Thou shalt hide them in the secret of thy presence from the pride of man: thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues.
    Psa 31:21 Blessed be the LORD: for he hath shewed me his marvellous kindness in a strong city.
    Psa 31:22 For I said in my haste, I am cut off from before thine eyes: nevertheless thou heardest the voice of my supplications when I cried unto thee.
    Psa 31:23 O love the LORD, all ye his saints: for the LORD preserveth the faithful, and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer.
    Psa 31:24 Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.

This is a very encouraging Psalm as a whole.
    It speaks of triumphs and faith in the Lord. It speaks of the Lord strenthening the heart and perserving the faithful. Wow, that is great! Yet in the middle of this encouraging Psalm there are some verses that do not speak of encouragement.
    Verse 12 imparticular says,

Psalms 31:12 I am forgotten as a dead man out of mind: I am like a broken vessel.

If we live long enough we will feel this way sometimes, as though we are a broken vessel: broken by the cares of this life. Be careful not to throw away the broken pieces. In ancient times there were many uses for broken pottery.

They made pathways out of them. When the pieces were laid in mortar they made a nice pathway for someone to walk on. Your broken pieces may make a nice path for someone to walk on. Your broken pieces may make a nice path to guide someone else.
    They filled gaps with the pieces. When a wall became cracked , they could not fill it with whole pots or bricks so the took broken pieces to fill the gaps and stucco over them. Your broken pieces may allow you to stand in the gap for someone.

The used them to scrap the wounds of the afflicted. Job sat in ashes and scrapped the boils to bring relief. Maybe the Lord will use your broken pieces to help someone who is hurting.

They also used the pieces to dip water. Let us go out on the battle ground to the wounded. they cannot hold a canteen and a well would drown them. Yet, you could take that broken vessel to dip a little water for the wounded soldier. Do not throw the pieces away, there are blessings in brokenness
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Psa 31:9-18
    David's troubles made him a man of sorrows. Herein he was a type of Christ, who was acquainted with grief. David acknowledged that his afflictions were merited by his own sins, but Christ suffered for ours. David's friends durst not give him any assistance. Let us not think it strange if thus deserted, but make sure of a Friend in heaven who will not fail. God will be sure to order and dispose all for the best, to all those who commit their spirits also into his hand. The time of life is in God's hands, to lengthen or shorten, make bitter or sweet, according to the counsel of his will. The way of man is not in himself, nor in our friend's hands, nor in our enemies' hands, but in God's. In this faith and confidence Mercie's that the Lord would save him for his mercies's sake, and not for any merit of his own. He prophesies the silencing of those that reproach and speak evil of the people of God. There is a day coming, when the Lord will execute judgment upon them. In the mean time, we should engage ourselves by well-doing, if possible, to silence the ignorance of foolish men.

Sins, the Sinner, and the Saviour

The bible is right when it declares all have sinned. Nobody with half a mind would deny that sin is an everybody problem. The real problem come when men are faced with the facts given by God concerning what is sin. By and large man disagrees with God. To be in disagreement with God will put you into agreement with sin.
    Now, I'm not trying to double talk or even philosphize. Can God call something a sin? It is very difficult to get men to agree with what God calls sin. The statment comes like this: "I don't see anything wrong with ___________." You fill the next word you would place as a sin.
    We may have a tendency to turn our heads when we are confronted with certain sins, but God is taking notes. Sin is a real problem and getting worse as time progresses towards our Lords return.

Sinner's love darkness ( John 3:19 ) and abhor the light.

John 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

they do every thing they can to avoid the Saviour and God's Word. They must accept responsibity for their love of sin and it's practice if they are to find any relief. Regardless how we might have been introduced to some sin there must be a con fession, "I have sinned"
    I'm making my own choice to do this wicked sin. Name it, call it by the name God gave it.

Now enters the Saviour, God's Son. He died for our sins! God's plan is to trust what his Son suffered and died for in our place. Thinking there is something you could do to atone for your sin can become a place where one more sin can enter. It's all Crist or it's not Gods way but yours.. He is able to save all who come the way God gave for sinners to be saved! Trust him.

1John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

1John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

1John 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

1John 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

1John 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

1John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

1John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1John 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

1John 3:3-10
    The sons of God know that their Lord is of purer eyes than to allow any thing unholy and impure to dwell with him. It is the hope of hypocrites, not of the sons of God, that makes allowance for gratifying impure desires and lusts. May we be followers of him as his dear children, thus show our sense of his unspeakable mercy, and express that obedient, grateful, humble mind which becomes us. Sin is the rejecting the Divine law. In him, that is, in Christ, was no sin. All the sinless weaknesses that were consequences of the fall, he took; that is, all those infirmities of mind or body which subject man to suffering, and expose him to temptation. But our moral infirmities, our proneness to sin, he had not. He that abides in Christ, continues not in the practice of sin. Renouncing sin is the great proof of spiritual union with, continuance in, and saving knowledge of the Lord Christ. Beware of self-deceit. He that doeth righteousness is righteous, and to be a follower of Christ, shows an interest by faith in his obedience and sufferings. But a man cannot act like the devil, and at the same time be a disciple of Christ Jesus. Let us not serve or indulge what the Son of God came to destroy. To be born of God is to be inwardly renewed by the power of the Spirit of God. Renewing grace is an abiding principle. Religion is not an art, a matter of dexterity and skill, but a new nature. And the regenerate person cannot sin as he did before he was born of God, and as others do who are not born again. There is that light in his mind, which shows him the evil and malignity of sin. There is that bias upon his heart, which disposes him to loathe and hate sin. There is the spiritual principle that opposes sinful acts. And there is repentance for sin, if committed. It goes against him to sin with forethought. The children of God and the children of the devil have their distinct characters. The seed of the serpent are known by neglect of religion, and by their hating real Christians. He only is righteous before God, as a justified believer, who is taught and disposed to righteousness by the Holy Spirit. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil. May all professors of the gospel lay these truths to heart, and try themselves by them.