Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
CRIMINAL Silver Market Manipilation ---I contacted my Texas Congressmen today!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: CRIMINAL Silver Market Manipilation ---I contacted my Texas Congressmen today!!

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverisbest View Post
    Silver is in fact being manipulated. Not many commodities have been treated like Silver in the past few months. Margins have been raised nearly 9 times, 4 times in one week. Cotton has climbed 100% in the past year alone and margins have not been increased this many times. How come stocks can go up 100, 200 or 300% and nothing is done about that?
    Why would we want to participate in this game because we see the outcome. They can cheat now, they can manipulate the trend now, but they cant over the long term. Why do people gamble at the casino when they know the odds are against them? Is it foolish, perhaps but there are still hopes of striking it rich. If your that intelligent Matthew, then you'd recognize that. I have one word for you "Shill"
    I can see that instead of doing any independent research, you have been listening to the bozos who make stuff up without any hard facts to back them up. You need to read up on the basics of margin trading and how the volatility is what causes margin changes instead of whining about the exchange, that you don't trade at anyway. If you ask the people who actually do business there, we are of the general opinion that they did too little too late, on the margin increases.

    If you are unfamiliar with how margin trading works, I strongly recommend that you not only don't do it, but you reserve your commentary on the subject until you are.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Matt, I understand the system perfectly and the use of volatility in SPAN. The truth is when you look at commodities for the last 30 years you'll be hard pressed to find many commodities that have had their margins raised this much in such a short period of time. Why are PMs taxed at 28% vs other commodities and equities?

    Matt, you're a shill plain and simple. I think you should educate yourself before you lose your shirt. Bankers do not want a return to the gold standard because then they'd have to be honest. Nobody wants honest accounting when you're receiving 5 million bonus checks.

    Silver and Gold are going up regardless of the manipulation that exists. Matt you're no better than a used car salesman, you use partial truths to convey your message. However, this economic car has a bad engine and the transmission is blown. You can throw some sawdust in the engine to make it purr for the time being, but that manipulation will come to an end.
    Last edited by Silverisbest; 31st May 2011 at 09:21.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    233

    Default Enforcement Division

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Shelley View Post
    If the answer comes out that what they have been investigating is bona-fide hedges yet again, the same crowd as always is going to stick their fingers in their ears and say "No I don't believe it, it's being manipulated!". How many times does this have to happen?

    In my opinion, they have a lot more important things to do at the moment besides satisfying people who aren't doing to accept their findings anyway. If a futures broker has a customer with more than the speculative limit in their account they have to prove that it is a bona-fide hedge to the exchange and regulatory agencies daily already.
    I can assure that no enforcement agency carries out its work based on what it sees as likely public reaction to its findings. That is not how the legal system in this country works. It is a search for justice not a popularity contest. Yes it is possible that they will come back and find no wrongdoing, but given the time elapsed and Bart Chilton's comments, I think that is highly unlikely. IMHO what we are seeing is intentional foot dragging.

    The view of many people is that the preponderance of evidence is so strong that the Enforcement Division simply can't come out and say nothing is going on this time. I simply don't accept that this huge delay is merely due to the fact that the Division thinks people won't take the report seriously. What does it care what people think? It produces a report. Period. If people put their fingers in their ears, or stand on their heads, so what. What can they do? No, something more is going on.

    And one participates in a manipulated market because ALL market manipulations come to an end. And the longer they are manipulated, the more dislocated they are when the end comes. That is something for which the regulator will be held to account.

    Oh, and by the way, the CME but NOT the regulator grants exemptions to existing position limits. This is from Bart Chilton himself. I think he would know.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverisbest View Post
    Matt, I understand the system perfectly and the use of volatility in SPAN. The truth is when you look at commodities for the last 30 years you'll be hard pressed to find many commodities that have had their margins raised this much in such a short period of time. Why are PMs taxed at 28% vs other commodities and equities?
    Matt, you're a shill plain and simple. I think you should educate yourself before you lose your shirt. Bankers do not want a return to the gold standard because then they'd have to be honest. Nobody wants honest accounting when you're receiving 5 million bonus checks.
    Silver and Gold are going up regardless of the manipulation that exists. Matt you're no better than a used car salesman, you use partial truths to convey your message. However, this economic car has a bad engine and the transmission is blown. You can throw some sawdust in the engine to make it purr for the time being, but that manipulation will come to an end.
    You are not being logical. You say you understand margin trading, yet you argue against the increases. You say "Silver and Gold are going up regardless". That is a clear sign that someone is brand new to trading. You ask a tax question that you should be able to research for yourself. Also, you would be hard pressed to find a commodity that has had this kind of volatility in the last 30 years so it's a moot argument.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I can assure that no enforcement agency carries out its work based on what it sees as likely public reaction to its findings. That is not how the legal system in this country works. It is a search for justice not a popularity contest. Yes it is possible that they will come back and find no wrongdoing, but given the time elapsed and Bart Chilton's comments, I think that is highly unlikely. IMHO what we are seeing is intentional foot dragging.
    The view of many people is that the preponderance of evidence is so strong that the Enforcement Division simply can't come out and say nothing is going on this time. I simply don't accept that this huge delay is merely due to the fact that the Division thinks people won't take the report seriously. What does it care what people think? It produces a report. Period. If people put their fingers in their ears, or stand on their heads, so what. What can they do? No, something more is going on.
    And one participates in a manipulated market because ALL market manipulations come to an end. And the longer they are manipulated, the more dislocated they are when the end comes. That is something for which the regulator will be held to account.
    Oh, and by the way, the CME but NOT the regulator grants exemptions to existing position limits. This is from Bart Chilton himself. I think he would know.
    You are proving my point, that there will be a certain population in the metals markets who will stick their fingers in their ears regardless of the results of any investigation.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    233

    Default Not my point

    Matthew,

    That is not my point. I completely agree with you that a certain element of the population will put its fingers in its ears no matter what the Enforcement Division says. My point is that it is not that which is delaying the report. It is something else. I do not know what that is. My suspicion is that reporting the truth about what has been going on will embarrass certain market participants who have a lot of political muscle. But I am almost certain that the CFTC is NOT saying; "Some people are not going to accept our report so lets not publish it for a few years".

    I am sorry, you just have to come up with a better reason why the report is so slow. You have tried "They are slow" and now "They don't like the fact that people won't like it". These are just not credible reasons. Believe it or not, there are a lot of people with open minds on this. We just need to know the evidence or lack of it. Just imagine if the jury in the Madoff case had been out since early 2009? "Just slow?" "The judge won't like what they say?" There comes a time when delay just by itself becomes damning. We are there.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    15

    Default

    We do not have free markets, if we did we'd have mark to market accounting. Manipulation exists, whether in the open or not. Look at homes last year, people got a big 8k tax credit and sales went up. That was pure and simple a manipulation of the price. In a free market you let price discovery happen. Hitting Silver when its going up is not allowing price discovery its favoring shorts over the longs. If someone had insider information of the margin increases it could be used to fuel a crash in prices by stacking the deck.

    If Span is so precise and so evenly distributed in the commodities arena, then why would longs take a position knowing that there would be a huge spike in margin increases? Its foolish not to believe that rules are in place to benefit the banks and to keep control over commodities. Speculators are the new skapegoat for the federal reserves abuse of the monetary system.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Shelley View Post
    Also, you would be hard pressed to find a commodity that has had this kind of volatility in the last 30 years so it's a moot argument.

    And, why do you suppose you would be hard pressed to find a commodity that has had this kind of volatility in the last 30 years? Why Silver? It's obvious to anyone who isn't a a Paper Parasite. You MFing Cockroaches, with your 100+ leveraged Paper, and the Casino controllers who manipulate, and TPTB who intervene in a Market they have no business to be in, are what is causing the volatility. Burn, the lot of you. Pitchforks ready.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,669

    Default

    [QUOTE=Matthew Shelley;191836]I can see that instead of doing any independent research, you have been listening to the bozos who make stuff up without any hard facts to back them up.


    What don't you get? The big Shorts had gotten themselves into the s hit. They needed rescuing. Someone leant on the CME to raise Comex Silver Margins. They don't like real price discovery on something they've been knocking down for decades so they had the CME engineer margin increases. Your Paper market is a sham, and it only exists for the profit of the CME, JPM, and the FED, and the fleecing of everyone not singing the same song. Who are you trying to kid, you bozo?

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Matthew,
    That is not my point. I completely agree with you that a certain element of the population will put its fingers in its ears no matter what the Enforcement Division says. My point is that it is not that which is delaying the report. It is something else. I do not know what that is. My suspicion is that reporting the truth about what has been going on will embarrass certain market participants who have a lot of political muscle. But I am almost certain that the CFTC is NOT saying; "Some people are not going to accept our report so lets not publish it for a few years".
    I am sorry, you just have to come up with a better reason why the report is so slow. You have tried "They are slow" and now "They don't like the fact that people won't like it". These are just not credible reasons. Believe it or not, there are a lot of people with open minds on this. We just need to know the evidence or lack of it. Just imagine if the jury in the Madoff case had been out since early 2009? "Just slow?" "The judge won't like what they say?" There comes a time when delay just by itself becomes damning. We are there.
    Mike,

    Just my opinion, but I am assuming that that reasons for the delay are multiple. I would guess that two of the major reasons are the funding problems, and the fact that the CFTC is in the process, and under pressure, to handle the Dodd-Frank imperatives. The problems they face in trying to regulate the unregulated derivatives market are astounding. I have seen many people complain that they have not met their deadlines, without understanding that jumping the gun on regulations could cause even more problems than we have now. I am all for these derivatives to be cleared and transparent on an exchange, I have thought for many years that the way it has been being done is incorrect and possibly unfair or at least non-competitive, but the process needs to be done correctly. Otherwise there will be even more advantage taken of it.

    I think a large part of the reason the investigation is proceeding slowly is that it has been done a number of times in the past to no result, and, that our favorite market is a tiny part of the commodity world, in spite of how some here think it is of such great importance.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •