Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Bullion Direct question

Thread: Bullion Direct question

Default Bullion Direct question

I keep hearing about BD, and decided to look into it. After reading all the info on their site and doing a search here, it looks like the way to go. So let me get this straight, I can send them a check, buy my product from either the nucleo or the catalog and have them hold it. Send them more money and continue to buy and build my portfolio. When I get a nice stack, I can request delivery and they send me everything. In the mean time, if I wanted, I could also sell anything in my portfolio. Is the 1% nucleo fee for both the buyer and seller or only buyer. Anything else I'm missing?

Dave,
    That's the way I read it. I believe the 1% Nucleo charge is for either buying or selling. I'll let the experienced BD users comment further.

I read the information sheets and believe the 1% is paid by BOTH the buyer and the seller. But for your purposes, it is only one percent.
    "Information spreads at the speed of light, while ignorance is instantaneous at all points in the known universe"

PSU, you got it. And the 1% Nuc commission is paid by both seller and buyer. So BD makes 2% on the trade. The catalog is what it is. Both can be stored in the vault until you make a draw.

I like to keep a fair amout of funds on account with them so I can swing the trades if needs be and not use the "trading power". Although I have dipped into it now and then. But that's a story for a different day.
    Silver: Atomic number 47; chemical symbol Ag. Derived from the latin word Argentum, which means "white and shining".

"When you got metal, all the world is a movie" Argentum, 3/09

digger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PSUDave View Post
    I keep hearing about BD, and decided to look into it. After reading all the info on their site and doing a search here, it looks like the way to go. So let me get this straight, I can send them a check, buy my product from either the nucleo or the catalog and have them hold it. Send them more money and continue to buy and build my portfolio. When I get a nice stack, I can request delivery and they send me everything. In the mean time, if I wanted, I could also sell anything in my portfolio. Is the 1% nucleo fee for both the buyer and seller or only buyer. Anything else I'm missing?
    Note that you do not have to send in the check before you buy the product. If you don't have sufficient funds on hand at the time you buy, you have seven business days to get them the money.