Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Illustrating the 'Power of Precious Metals', a grassroots effort.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Illustrating the 'Power of Precious Metals', a grassroots effort.

Default Illustrating the 'Power of Precious Metals', a grassroots effort.

Many members here are thinking so far ahead of the curve, that many of us are considered tin foil hat wearers.

However I'm proud to be a silver foil enthusiast due to its superior shielding properties.

Most of our fellow citizens have no idea of the value of precious metals.

The rest of this post will define how that could change in a big way through an organic grassroots effort.

There are reports that people in Michigan are turning to alternate forms of payment for goods and services.

Great, the movement is starting on its own.

We need to educate everyone on this simple set of facts.
    The IRS's authority to tax transactions are derived from the tax code.
    The tax code (as I understand it) covers tranasctions that involve Federal Reserve Notes.
    If you do not use FRNs, then the IRS has no authority.
    A transaction using FRNs is defined as a "sale".
    If you trade three heifers for a bull and a colt there would be no way to determine the tax, and there is no authority for such tax. (Likewise if one trades silver for gold as long as the commission is paid in precious then there is absolutely no need to report.)

Now you know why gold and silver are so powerful.
    They represent the way around the taxing authority of TPTB.
    You've got that power.

How can we leverage this?

Spread the idea that:

Merchants could and should take one troy ounce silver rounds in exchange for $20 in goods and services. Stress that there is absolutely no need to report the transaction to the federal government, to charge sales tax or report income on the transaction.

A win win situation if you think about it.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Default Of course eventually that $20 in goods and services will become $50, and then $100...

"I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone

Question Could the IRS actually claim that barter transactions are taxable?

Which would mean that one has to keep good records of the trades so they can be *properly taxed* !!

Could the IRS allege to measure bartered exchanges by using the market price of the goods or services?

In a swap, would both parties have to list the market value of what they received as income?

If so then the IRS is insane and needs to be put out of its misery.

1099s and all.

If the transaction is an even swap (an exchange of things considered equal),
    then there is NO PROFIT to tax.

Rothschild rat bastards.

Lightbulb Think outside of their box to beat the enemy.

One last thought here for today.

Since a dollar is defined by law as 371.25 grains of fine silver,
    then the actual IRS 1099 reporting threshold is about 10,000 FRN.

600 * 317.25 grains of silver equivalent

317 grains per dollar ~ 27 grams per dollar

( 27g/1$ ) * $600 = 16,200 g

16,200g * (31.1troy/1g) = 521 troy ounces

521 troy * ($18.14/1 troy) = $9449

which seems much more reasonable for a reporting threshold.
    Last edited by silverheartbone; 23rd July 2010 at 11:23.

Thumbs up coin silver by the gram

In anticipation of silver's rarity soon being recognized,
    I'd love to see it minted that way by the roll
    with low, low premiums.

Default Especially in Michigan

You'll be hearing from them again....for one thing or another....some of their militia types just got busted recently by a fed sting op....so they are not flying under the radar in that region....plenty of patriotic problem children there.

I wouldn't mind seeing smaller silver coinage either....grams could be interesting. I really always wanted to get my paws on some 1/4 and half ouncers....been dragging my feet I guess....It's hard to shop around when you always find some really high premiums on the small stuff. I always thought given the dire need for a solution....someone could figure out a way to punch 3 or 4 small rounds out of a 1 ounce generic, if the places you were bartering knew you and were weighing the silver anyways....then perhaps find a means to melt the remaining scrap or send it off to get manufactured into something else. I certainly wouldn't do it with any nice coins, but if you loaded up on cheap generics and were in a bind to have smaller denominations and didn't have a stack of 90% junk or the businesses were only interested in 999 fine. I guess some trial and error to figure the sizing and weights in case you couldn't use dimensions to sort this out ahead of time. I'm thinking a pencil and notebook and I could get it done....and I'm certainly no wizard in mathematics like alot of members here. I'm thinking 4 "smallish" 5 gram circles could be "doable" and punched out with a device all at the same time. Should this scenerio be necessary...the world may not be so pleasant, I'm guessin'

Curiosity will not kill this Cat!

Default Nope....maybe...but

If a 4 x 5 gram is in the works...

Then it would be "cool" to punch out a 3 x 7 gram I think as well....and for better luck as well

Default Is this is a valid premium, or nuts?

"rolls of 50 1/10s go for about $400-$600 on the bay"

$500 for 5 ounces??

"Fractional Engelhard Prospectors usually way overpriced." - anonymous opinion

Apparently these start at around $12 plus shipping.

If I only knew then what I know now I'd had bought the fractional rounds over those ordinary Englehard bars.

Last edited by silverheartbone; 27th July 2010 at 08:29. Reason: added graphic

Default Whoa....7's and 11's

That seems crazy to me also. NWT Mint has smaller gram bars on their PAAS brand silver and their premiums are in the 30-35% range (a little steep)....not like the engelhard fractional but still more than I can CTTW.

I thought the 7 gram would work out to a fair premium by weight instead of price fluctuations. You could stamp out 3 7's from a generic, but sell a 7 as if it was a quarter ounce. The premium would be fixed by weight (11%)....at least that's what the calculator in my head comes up with (31.1 : 4 = 7.775)

Of course this is the scenerio in my mind should I decide ever to punch out generics into 7's and fix a premium (11's)

Default It's not just Englehards

Indian Head One Tenth Troy Ounce .999 Fine Silver

Asking price: $12.95
    Shipping to Canada & USA: $2.95

AgShaman I believe you have some familiarity with coin minters and I'm thinking that you may want to think about starting a new enterprise.