Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Silver Near-Crash - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Silver Near-Crash

Default fair is fair

Quote Originally Posted by Goldbrix View Post
    Silver has been the "Irrational Exhuberance" of the commodities market.
    Just like stocks that go straight up there always seems to be a correction straight down.

( shakin' the trees to see what falls out, and there is always some fall-out called "newbies")
    The assholes should not have the power to shake the tree.

If the law is being followed, then they could not have the power.
    If they do not follow the law, why should we?

The same should apply then.

If we have force applied to us when we break the law....

Heck they even have new laws (the CFTC in this case) that are being ignored.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

You might have a better life if you focused on what IS, and not on what shouldacouldawoulda.

But, you can't tell people anything.
    Caedite eos.

One of the men I listen to is Jimmy Rogers. Here's a recent interview that occured during the correction and his opinion of the situation, and world currencies.

http://video.ft.com/v/942996330001/L...-stays-in-gold

"Creative distruction is always good for the world". Jim Rogers
    Last edited by Goldbrix; 15th May 2011 at 13:40. Reason: added quote
    Gb

LUCK favors the PREPARED darling. - "Edna Mole"

ATTENTION Liberals and Progressives - The path to HELL is paved with good intentions.
    ( The USA is certainly spiraling in that direction)

"The future ain't what it used to be". - Yogi Berra

ccjoe is offline Senior Member Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by maplesilverbug View Post
    And the people who bought $50 silver the first time around EVENTUALLY broke even...30 years later. I'm sure you would EVENTUALLY like to be proven right (that feeds the ego, but how does it pay the bills?) before your 80th.

I'm definitely not disagreeing that silver will indeed go up, but it can also go down before the turn around. The great thing about the 200 day marker is every day silver is above the line, the line moves up...which means the price has to come down less and less. If it does hit $28, that would be a grand total ~43% decline from the peak...and 40% higher than the 2010 average. Once we hit that, then we can start climbing again in an orderly fashion.
    You're probably right Maple but do the Chinese and Indian buyers know about the 200 day? Do they tell the LCD they can't buy until the 200 day hits a certain level? Do they see the ads on tv saying to buy silver and tell their wife they have to wait for the 200 day?
    It seems NO ONE can answer my questions?
    Maybe the wives withold sex from their hubby's and say in Mandarin "Honey, you have to wait for the TA to be in syn or NO NOOKIE< NOOKIE"
    I don't think that happens. Maybe in college I should have waited for the 200 MPA Moving Pot Average to be a certain way and I could have made more?

CC, you smoked pot? lol

All forms of self defeating behaviors are unseen and unconscious, which is why their existence is denied.
    Vernon Howard

Quote Originally Posted by What is Truth? View Post
    CC, you smoked pot? lol
    My post states SELLING not smoking but who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by ccjoe View Post
    You're probably right Maple but do the Chinese and Indian buyers know about the 200 day? Do they tell the LCD they can't buy until the 200 day hits a certain level? Do they see the ads on tv saying to buy silver and tell their wife they have to wait for the 200 day?
    It seems NO ONE can answer my questions?
    The answer to your question is the disconnect between PAPER silver and PHYSICAL silver. The paper price may or may not go down to the 200, but as others have pointed out, physical is still selling high in some places.

The TYPICAL Asian buyer may not know about moving averages, but then again, they might only know that silver just "crashed"...so who wants to buy something that just crashed?!? The TYPICAL buyer -- Asian or not -- buys when price is rising and sells when price is falling (like the Indians who switched to buying "cheap" silver when gold became too expensive). I'm sure gung-ho physical buying will resume once paper price bounces off the 200 and starts to rise.
    Caedite eos.

Quote Originally Posted by maplesilverbug View Post
    The answer to your question is the disconnect between PAPER silver and PHYSICAL silver. The paper price may or may not go down to the 200, but as others have pointed out, physical is still selling high in some places.

The TYPICAL Asian buyer may not know about moving averages, but then again, they might only know that silver just "crashed"...so who wants to buy something that just crashed?!? The TYPICAL buyer -- Asian or not -- buys when price is rising and sells when price is falling (like the Indians who switched to buying "cheap" silver when gold became too expensive). I'm sure gung-ho physical buying will resume once paper price bounces off the 200 and starts to rise.
    I know Maple but expressing my dissatisfaction of what IS, rather than should be and is eventually GOING TO BE> Someday Alice!

Smile Publicity

There is a saying that there is no such thing as bad publicity. What has happened over the last nine months is that silver has gone from a subject never mentioned in the MSM to a subject on everyone's lips. So, we have a much larger population of individuals and institutions which have the metal on their radar. But available silver still remains the same as it was when it was a non-subject.

So, fellow investors, when the sentiment turns bullish on the metals, as it inevitably will sometime in the next few months, there will likely be an order of magnitude more people and institutions seeking to buy. Imagine what that does to a relatively small float of available silver! Right now we are in a hiatus where we all seem to have forgotten that our country is BROKE. Our fiscal situation is dire and our monetary situation is worse. The markets are full of kids who have the attention span of a fruit fly and soon they will all be running around panicking about the monetary/fiscal black hole we are in.

So, I am going over to my local coin store to see if they have any metal. This really is like taking candy from a baby. OK if you don't mind listening to wailing and crying. I find earplugs help!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    There is a saying that there is no such thing as bad publicity. What has happened over the last nine months is that silver has gone from a subject never mentioned in the MSM to a subject on everyone's lips. So, we have a much larger population of individuals and institutions which have the metal on their radar. But available silver still remains the same as it was when it was a non-subject.

So, fellow investors, when the sentiment turns bullish on the metals, as it inevitably will sometime in the next few months, there will likely be an order of magnitude more people and institutions seeking to buy. Imagine what that does to a relatively small float of available silver! Right now we are in a hiatus where we all seem to have forgotten that our country is BROKE. Our fiscal situation is dire and our monetary situation is worse. The markets are full of kids who have the attention span of a fruit fly and soon they will all be running around panicking about the monetary/fiscal black hole we are in.

So, I am going over to my local coin store to see if they have any metal. This really is like taking candy from a baby. OK if you don't mind listening to wailing and crying. I find earplugs help!
    I'd join you Mike, but I'm all in up to my eyeballs in silver and copper.