Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

New Sticky about info for new members and forum moderation - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Sticky about info for new members and forum moderation

Glad to see you're on top of it!

Can we get a forum for physical siver, like silver only and let people comment in and post their? Silver market is what it is . I enjoy the site, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Obviously you have an ax to grind else you wouldn't be spending so much time being offended by my opinions as to what should or should not be moderated.

What's interesting is your casual offhand use of the word "bubba", which dictionary.com defines as:
    ub·ba (bŭb'ə)
    n. Slang
    Chiefly Southern U.S. Brother.
    A white working-class man of the southern United States, stereotypically regarded as uneducated and gregarious with his peers.

which some easily offended members could construe as a -gasp- racist slur.

Once you start down that road, where do you stop?

I would like to point out that if you are going to argue about racism you should at least use the term correctly...

Racism is oppression. The oppressed are discriminated against by the oppressor. The oppressed can NOT oppress their oppressor.
    (ie: African Americans can not oppress white Americans). Therefore the term "bubba" ( when referring to a white, working class southern man) is not a
    racist remark. It may be prejudiced, but it is NOT racism.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf1 View Post
    I would like to point out that if you are going to argue about racism you should at least use the term correctly...

Racism is oppression. The oppressed are discriminated against by the oppressor. The oppressed can NOT oppress their oppressor.
    (ie: African Americans can not oppress white Americans). Therefore the term "bubba" ( when referring to a white, working class southern man) is not a
    racist remark. It may be prejudiced, but it is NOT racism.
    I'm called a cracker.

why has the moderation of this site decided to delete the existence of duneyman, roger, etc, entirely? their user names, cannot be searched, their posts are all gone.

I've seen banning someone from a forum before but to delete the names and posts right out? inappropriate.

but not totally unexpected....and then "it" returns as "steelworker". what a joke!

Chris Mullen Guest

steelworker has now been banned for his troll like disruptive behavior.

When trolls appear, please make us aware of them by posting about it in this thread or by messaging me.

Profane attacks against them, and childish off topic threads, are of no help at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Mullen View Post
    steelworker has now been banned for his troll like disruptive behavior.

When trolls appear, please make us aware of them by posting about it in this thread or by messaging me.

Profane attacks against them, and childish off topic threads, are of no help at all.
    Mr. Mullen, you probably already know about the script injection (or whatever they call the hacker infection problem).

A solution seems to be to click the "Stop loading this page" browser icon (red X in Firefox) after the page content loads.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Chris Mullen Guest

Our initial scans did not reveal any serious problems from this particular hack attempt. Spammers and hackers are constantly attacking this site. We do the best we can to keep them at bay, but their nonstop efforts are hard to keep up with sometimes. Most of their stuff is relegated to the background at least, but if you look for it you will find it. More upgrades are coming soon.

I know I'm brand new here, but I'm not new to posting on forums. I'm an admin on 2 forums, and in my experience if you ignore the trolls they just go away. As far as the spamming trolls, advertising bot they get annoying because it makes the board hard to read so it only makes sense to delete there posts, or if you've identified a spammer or an undesirable create a user group just for them, put them in this user group, and create a forum that is dedicated just to them which is the only place they can post (pieces of sh!t forum, dumb phuck forum). It is up to the admins whether you make this forum accessible to registered users or not. This helps with the bots as they do not know whether they are posting in public or not as it is basically a throw away forum.

My view on trolling is that I personally don't care what someone on the internet posts about me, I could care less. After all it's only the internet and sometimes you can have fun with these so called trolls. With all kidding aside I think this site runs great it's very informative, and runs the gamut for both new collectors, and those who have been buying, and selling silver for decades. Regardless of how you guys decide to handle the problem of internet trolls, which you can not get away from anymore. I look forward to checking in on this site at least a couple of times a week. I'm really glad I found this place, which was just a matter of time since I went from having no physical silver to owning quite a bit in a very short period of time.
    Don't be humble you're not that great.

How many posts or days does it take to move from the 'new member' status? Sorry if this has been addressed, but I read through the thread and didn't see it clearly defined. Thx