Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Sticky about info for new members and forum moderation

Chris Mullen Guest

Default New Sticky about info for new members and forum moderation

New members should be advised that, due to anti-spamming measures, it may take several posts and/or days before your posts begin showing up.

As for forum moderation guidelines:
    What should it say?
    What do you guys want?
    What can I clear up?

Banning of "trolls" on this forum was at one time policy but was ultimately unsuccessful as they just came back under new user names using dozens of different IP addresses. For the last year or two we decided to let the forum police itself through features such as a "members only" section (Silver Seekers Forums) and also tools such as ignoring users, etc. Those means have sadly proven to be unsuccessful as well, so its back to the old way, and with your help we can be vigilant about it.

So we are back to banning trolls again, along with spammers and otherwise disruptive users. What other things would members on this forum prefer to have in the guidelines? What else can I clear up?

Best,

Chris

Anyway of having spot price on page.
    Legal Disclaimer: All posts by the person known here as duneyman jr are not to be relied upon for any reason and may be totally incorrect. All rights reserved and are for entertainment purposes only.

i am a new guy, but one thing i would like to see is the insults dialed down. just becuase you don;t agree with someone, no reason to call them names. i have not been called any names here yet, but i read some posts and go....come on, are we grown ups or in the 6th grade?
    i like whiskey...........

Default sometimes we need to stay on topic a bit better

- Silver Market section for posts related to silver transactions.
    - Silver Health section for posts related to silver's healing, health maintenance, and illness prevention uses and properties.
    - and so on

Off Topic posts may be deleted
    (or moved to an OT Trash section?)
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Can we address the posts from the racists?

I personally don't like Big Headed Know All Arrogant Twats, people who don't know how to talk to others without being Rude or Abusive (because they are basically ignorant), people who are dismissive of those less knowledgeable than themselves (not everybody can know everything about everything), people who think THEY are the immaculate conception NOT Jesus and people who think ANY Rules,Laws or regulations apply to everybody Else but not to THEM. Although I am not Racist, I do not hate ALL Racists. Some people may have had bad experiences with people from other Countries or Religions and they may wish to have nothing to do with those particular people any more. However, in life, they can create an environment, where they do not have to come into contact with ANY group of people they don't want to come into contact with. THIS,however, is a public Forum and raising any personal issues; whether Race, Creed or things of a personal nature cannot really be acceptable...............anyway, we are supposed to be talking about Silver and it's got NOTHING to do with THAT.

It took an awful lot of steamed up members moaning over a long time to get anything done about The Roger. I should have liked to see some blue print moderation and warnings placed by Mods on some of his posts, leading to a much earlier ban if he did not comply with such warnings.

One of the reasons members got so fed up was that The Roger appeared to be completely unmoderated and they felt their views were being ignored. Early and overt action is what I'd like to see.

E.g this sort of thing:
    Quote Originally Posted by A N Other
    Blah, blah, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx blah, blah

This post has been cut by Moderator X.
    Reason: Rogerisms.

Quote Originally Posted by Quo_Vadis View Post
    I personally don't like Big Headed Know All Arrogant Twats, people who don't know how to talk to others without being Rude or Abusive (because they are basically ignorant), people who are dismissive of those less knowledgeable than themselves (not everybody can know everything about everything), people who think THEY are the immaculate conception NOT Jesus and people who think ANY Rules,Laws or regulations apply to everybody Else but not to THEM. Although I am not Racist, I do not hate ALL Racists. Some people may have had bad experiences with people from other Countries or Religions and they may wish to have nothing to do with those particular people any more. However, in life, they can create an environment, where they do not have to come into contact with ANY group of people they don't want to come into contact with. THIS,however, is a public Forum and raising any personal issues; whether Race, Creed or things of a personal nature cannot really be acceptable...............anyway, we are supposed to be talking about Silver and it's got NOTHING to do with THAT.
    Can we also address the people who call other people profane names?

Without turning it into the "Vatican City" and having a swear Box...............your criteria being?????

It's impossible for one or two people to moderate forums as big as these, it would be very helpful to appoint several. Also a place to notify these mods of abuses or suggestions for helping to keep this place relativly civil and informative.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Omnis combibo