Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

trading gold for silver
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: trading gold for silver

Default trading gold for silver

I've seen this question answered here but didn't really understand the answer given about the relation between silver and gold...I'm a visual person.

Can someone explain to me when the best time for me to trade my gold for silver?
    Don't buy or sell silver to these people:
    Barack Obama - He will give your silver to others who refuse to buy their own.
    Nancy Pelosi - You must pay first to find out how much silver content the coins will have.
    Harry Reid - He will overcharge you to support the cowboy poets.
    Dick Durbin - He's just too busy kissing Obama's backside.
    Debbie Wasserman-Schultz - She'll insist it's gold until your head explodes.

It's too late for you to trade gold for silver.
    Caedite eos.

I think the answer is simple. As long as you believe that silver will continue to outperform gold, then you have to assess the costs to trade over. For example, if you feel the the g/s silver ratio will get to around 16:1 then do the math based on ounces of gold you will sell and silver you will buy.

Second part of my answer. If you still think you should be buying silver, and agree about the part above that silver will out perform gold, then trade.
    My post and comments are for entertainment purposes only, they reflect my opinion and are not recommended for trading purposes. I am not an investment adviser and information obtained here should not be taken for professional investment advice.

Your own due diligence is recommended before buying or selling any investments, securities, or precious metals.

"When you run in debt; you give to another power over your liberty" - Ben Franklin

It's probably going to be the right time soon to trade silver for gold.
    It's hard to keep a good man down but JPM and Wall St. are trying their damnedest.

Default Do you understand how to read this chart?

Quote Originally Posted by eyoung View Post
    I've seen this question answered here but didn't really understand the answer given about the relation between silver and gold...I'm a visual person.

Can someone explain to me when the best time for me to trade my gold for silver?

As you go from the left to right, represented time moves forward.

In the past (towards the left),
    the higher the red line on the graph
    the more silver you would have gotten for your gold.

If you know the trend, you know the most likely future.

Good luck to you.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Default I just trade but silver for Gold

The real deal I traded 500 mercury dimes and a few eagles for an ounce of gold. Specifically I got a 93 gold canadian maple leaf. I do not have a big stash. I still have over 40 oz of silver and 1.2 gold so small time. But here is my plan The ratio is 32-1.. earlier this year it was 65-1 ish. So if I bought gold then it would have cost more. I bought silver made more money and switch part to gold based on the dip in ratio. It could go to 16 to 1 and I could have gotten 2 ounces of gold if I waited however it could just shoot back up. If it dips to 20-1 I will get 2 more ounces of gold. When it hits 65 to 1 again and (I do say when not if... ) I will take the gold and pick up about 60 silver per gold so while I suffer a little payment during the switch the stack keeps going up from here. I figure with decades to play and a chance to add more fiat later I will and at 48 now what is more likely 96 silver or a ratio going back to 65 to 1. I am currently playing both sides. If gold shot to 4000 and silver shot to 60 the ratio would be 65 to 1 and I would make out better that way. If silver crashed to 20 and gold to 1500 that is 75 to 1.

Quote Originally Posted by bobmhey View Post
    The real deal I traded 500 mercury dimes and a few eagles for an ounce of gold. Specifically I got a 93 gold canadian maple leaf.
    The current melt value of the 500 dimes alone is $1,733.97.

I'll take a few eagles to be three Silver Eagles. (~$150)

You are posting that you traded about $1900 in silver for gold haggage worth about $1600 on a good day?

What kind of response do you expect?
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone

This isn't going to be very popular at all here, but right now, I would be more inclined to sell or trade silver to obtain gold.

All forms of self defeating behaviors are unseen and unconscious, which is why their existence is denied.
    Vernon Howard

Quote Originally Posted by What is Truth? View Post
    This isn't going to be very popular at all here, but right now, I would be more inclined to sell or trade silver to obtain gold.
    If I had the gold, I'd be inclined to take you up on that trade.

Default Not really a bad deal

You say almost 1800 for the dimes and even 55 on ebay for eagles. By the time you pay at least 13% to ebay and paypal, shipping I figure I may have gotten 50 bucks more however paypal has a 1000 dollar limit a month usage for newer users. Same with the eagle I have sold stuff on ebay before and 6 bucks to ebay and 250 to ship you would be lucky to get 50 for an eagle so really. I saw the same gold coin going for 1700 on ebay and bids on one above 1650 with hours to go. I think I did pretty good. The only way I would have gotten 1800 for the dimes is if I did craigslist or ad. That also carries the risk of robbery. So all told I got a good deal from a reputable licensed dealer. Kitco at the time was doing 30.5 to a dollar so I would have made another25 bucks but they would have charged me 60 bucks to wire my money. Then waiting for mail to get coin. I thought I did pretty well. When the ratio flexes back out I will reverse trade for even more ounces of silver which is better than sticking it in a box and leaving it there. Plus if the guy who sells me **** didn't get anything out of it he would get pissed that I plan I dumping 40 oz of silver for a token I plan on on redeeming in his shop for 65 oz of silver at a later date depending on the gold silver ratio.