Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

If the IRS 1099 rule intruding into business stands, then Americans deserve slavery. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If the IRS 1099 rule intruding into business stands, then Americans deserve slavery.

Quote Originally Posted by bbuser View Post
    Slavery was a common accepted practice in biblical times by non-christians.

Lets hear what the secular class had to say about slavery:

Aristotle believed that the practice of any manual or banausic job should disqualify the practitioner from citizenship. Quoting Euripides, Aristotle declared all non-Greeks slaves by birth, fit for nothing but obedience.
    Sounds like a ringing endorsement to me. A far cry from the bible: "You slave owners must be just and fair to your slaves. Remember that you also have a Master -- in heaven." Corinthians. (apostle paul).

Now what is just, in terms of slavery? Permit slaves their freedom? If you cared to study history, you would learn that in fact freedom was granted to many slaves by their "just" owners. Not only that, but slaves could work to ensure that their children did not become slaves. This could only happen under a "just" master.

This issue (and the bible) is much more complex than your drive-by shooting cares to acknowledge, duney.
    http://www.daylightatheism.org/2007/05/slavery.html
    Legal Disclaimer: All posts by the person known here as duneyman jr are not to be relied upon for any reason and may be totally incorrect. All rights reserved and are for entertainment purposes only.

Your even allowed to beat them...bible says so. You can't pick and choose here.
    Team support
    Dunester
    Legal Disclaimer: All posts by the person known here as duneyman jr are not to be relied upon for any reason and may be totally incorrect. All rights reserved and are for entertainment purposes only.

No, duney, they weren't crazy, insane lunatics who beat their slaves to death. The verse CLEARLY says that people who do this should be punished. You are spreading untruths.

This is John Gill's interpretation:

And if a man smite his servant or his maid with a rod…
    A Canaanitish servant or maid, as the Targum of Jonathan, and so Jarchi; and that only with a rod for the correction of them, and not with a sword or any such destroying weapon, which would seem as though he intended to kill, yet nevertheless:

and he die under his hand;
    immediately, while he is smiting or beating him or her, on the same day, as the above Targum interprets it:

he shall be surely punished;
    or condemned to the punishment of being slain with the sword, as the said Targum and Jarchi explain it: this law was made to deter masters from using severity and cruelty towards their servants.

Notwithstanding, if he continue a day or two…
    And does not die immediately, or the same day, but lives twenty four hours, as the Jewish writers interpret it; so Abendana F24 explains the phrase, "a day or two";

``a day which is as two days, and they are twenty four hours from time to time,''

that is, from the time he was smitten to the time of his continuance; and so it is elsewhere explained by a day we understand a day, which is like two days, that is, from time to time, the meaning of which is, from a certain time in one day to the same in another:

he shall not be punished;

that is, with death;

for he [is] his money;
    is bought with his money, and is good as money, and therefore it is a loss sufficient to him to lose him; and it may be reasonably thought he did not smite his servant with an intention to kill him, since he himself is the loser by it.

What a thread! It start off with a bitch that they are making it harder to cheat the tax man and ends up a religious debate. Carry on........

All forms of self defeating behaviors are unseen and unconscious, which is why their existence is denied.
    Vernon Howard

This isn't even about religion, its about common sense.

I like the "True Religion" clothing line...

Quote Originally Posted by duneyman jr View Post
    Your even allowed to beat them...bible says so. You can't pick and choose here.
    Team support
    Dunester
    If you do not know what something actually says, best to not pretend you do. If you do not know the actual history, or the culture, best to not make up your own interpretation.

Ever hear of Jubilee? Slaves were set free according to Gods word. People put themselves into servitude over dept they owed others. There is a 7 year period, after which the slate is wiped clean. In addition, if someone took your property they had to return it, even to your heirs, after 50 years (Jubilee).

Just because you saw a movie where some Jews were beaten by Egyptians does not mean you know what Gods word to the Jews said does it?
    My post and comments are for entertainment purposes only, they reflect my opinion and are not recommended for trading purposes. I am not an investment adviser and information obtained here should not be taken for professional investment advice.

Your own due diligence is recommended before buying or selling any investments, securities, or precious metals.

"When you run in debt; you give to another power over your liberty" - Ben Franklin

I was just reading about it is all..the link has the verse I didn't make it up. God words? Or whoever?
    The scripture says were allowed to own slaves and beat them with poles. Plain and simple the bible says n ot me...
    Last edited by duneyman jr; 11th April 2011 at 16:05.

Quote Originally Posted by duneyman jr View Post
    I was just reading about it is all..the link has the verse I didn't make it up. God words? Or whoever?
    ka pa soy cok suk ?

Default you have a very nasty perspective there

Quote Originally Posted by What is Truth? View Post
    What a thread! It start off with a bitch that they are making it harder to cheat the tax man and ends up a religious debate. Carry on........
    You have it thoroughly backwards WIT?,
    that is unless you are operating from the perspective of the "man".

The thread starts off with a bitch that the zionitz were making it easier for the tax "man" (pirates rob i) to steal from us.

It is pretty easy to grok that message if you were truly one of us.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K