Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

What are the most traded silver rounds? Who mints the Silver Buffalo round? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are the most traded silver rounds? Who mints the Silver Buffalo round?

Prospector

1992 Silver Eagle..........$49.50
    1992 Silver Panda.........$200.00 (minimum)

Only like for like quoted you'll understand (wouldn't want to be unfair) so next time you are going to sell Pandas for the same price as Eagles, please do give me a shout and I'll try not to get trampled to Death in the rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Prospector View Post
    I paid the same for all of them, and they all sold for the same price when it came time to sell them. ...Guys who think premium is important in bullion coins are kidding themselves.
    If silver and gold continue to increase against the dollar, we will be seeing a lot more counterfeit rounds and coins, and some low PM content rounds from oddball mints. (You can't think of a couple of well known mints that would not debase their rounds?) I don't think the original question is at all odd.

I buy for bullion content. If someone wants more for a coin or round because of something special or because it's from China, or whatever, well "Good luck selling it to someone else."

Based on what I can see on eBay and a few of the online dealers sites, the Prospector rounds appear to have a large international appeal and following.
    My post and comments are for entertainment purposes only, they reflect my opinion and are not recommended for trading purposes. I am not an investment adviser and information obtained here should not be taken for professional investment advice.

Your own due diligence is recommended before buying or selling any investments, securities, or precious metals.

"When you run in debt; you give to another power over your liberty" - Ben Franklin

Default Better safe than rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by Mossy View Post
    If silver and gold continue to increase against the dollar, we will be seeing a lot more counterfeit rounds and coins, and some low PM content rounds from oddball mints. (You can't think of a couple of well known mints that would not debase their rounds?) I don't think the original question is at all odd.

I buy for bullion content. If someone wants more for a coin or round because of something special or because it's from China, or whatever, well "Good luck selling it to someone else."
    The counterfeit silver issue is important.
    That is why you probably want to have a substantial portion of your physical in government coins.
    My favorite three are the Libertad, our ASE, and the Philharmonic.

I recommend 30% in government bullion
    and 40% in US junk silver,
    with only 30% in private mint bullion.

Keep an even balance of junk in each of the 4 major denominations.
    Buy Mercury dimes first, Franklin halfs second.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Quote Originally Posted by silverheartbone View Post
    Keep an even balance of junk in each of the 4 major denominations.
    Buy Mercury dimes first, Franklin halfs second.
    Those pisant dimes I ignored look better by the day. I'd put war nickles and quarters in there, too, but halves? They are about valuable enough to be worth forging, I'd think.

The most prolifically produced 1 oz. round without doubt are the generic replicas of the head on a Morgan Silver Dollar.

But as the price of silver climbs it is this round that I suspect might well be the first counterfiet one I see, because they're seen so often - so many of them having been produced over the years by numerous mints.