Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

What is your "plan" ? ~ ~ !
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your "plan" ? ~ ~ !

sunsetcliff Guest

Lightbulb What is your "plan" ? ~ ~ !

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ all day/

the office of the presidency IS a good thing. the whistle stop tour was a slap against the globalists. (who don't want any country to have relevant transport..

even if you did not vote for him...(I did not) it is still nice to see so many happy. maybe something good can be inspired. crushing anyone's dreams... ..well- it leads to despair. We don't yet know if his being will be a catalyst for something good.

from this crowd- they are real people. THAT is nice to see. yes we can.

I agree that there is a lot of excitement in the air. Our office is buzzing, and the TV is set up to watch it all happen later today. I too, did not vote for either McCain or Obama.

A lot of hope has been built up and placed squarely on the shoulders of a single man. Obama gives a damn good speech, and has some grand ideas. IMHO it is all about implementation.

This country needs to think about our infrastructure. More specifically, we need to think along the lines of mass transportation. Trains and electric street cars need to make a comeback. The suburban lifestyle as wee know it is unsustainable, given the current decline in world oil production.

If Obama is able to unify this country around a central theme of sustainable infrastructure, sustainable mass transportation and sustainable agriculture, we may have a chance.

All we can do now is wait and watch.
    "Information spreads at the speed of light, while ignorance is instantaneous at all points in the known universe"

I can't watch. This is horrible. I'm nauseated by the thought of this Indonesian/African POS holding the reigns of this country.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Omnis combibo

Quote Originally Posted by Ancona View Post
    I agree that there is a lot of excitement in the air. Our office is buzzing, and the TV is set up to watch it all happen later today. I too, did not vote for either McCain or Obama.

A lot of hope has been built up and placed squarely on the shoulders of a single man. Obama gives a damn good speech, and has some grand ideas. IMHO it is all about implementation.

This country needs to think about our infrastructure. More specifically, we need to think along the lines of mass transportation. Trains and electric street cars need to make a comeback. The suburban lifestyle as wee know it is unsustainable, given the current decline in world oil production.

If Obama is able to unify this country around a central theme of sustainable infrastructure, sustainable mass transportation and sustainable agriculture, we may have a chance.

All we can do now is wait and watch.

All that sounds pretty good but there is a very large problem you seem to be unaware of. The large problem? Obama works for the same people that Bush worked for. An elite club, and we're not in it!

Get ready for some really hard times ahead. When the government has taxed everyone to the point of revolt, it will begin printing money to fund the machine, or it may just print money until the dollar crashes and then begin to tax everyone to the point of revolt to pay for all the debt we will owe to our foreign creditors. Either way, the train has left the station and Obama is no more the answer than Bush was.

Fred
    "Does the government fear us? Or do we fear the government? When the people fear the government, tyranny has found victory. The federal government is our servant, not our master!" - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Sue-Z-Q View Post
    Reigns as in monarchy?

Reins as in guide tethers?

Or merely Reigns / Reins?

I spared myself by NOT watching it. (Personal 'denial'.)

Hi Sue-Z-Q I hope all is well.

I watched Obama and he can talk the talk.

I believe that that the grand plan is a one world govt to control the population (they will determine the number) and that this NWO will rise from out of the ashes of this planned financial crisis.

Obama has guaranteed the opposite in his speech. If I am wrong and he can do it, then I will give myself a dozen uppercuts and learn from my mistake and get with the program. But I think he can't walk the walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue-Z-Q View Post
    Reigns as in monarchy?

Reins as in guide tethers?

Or merely Reigns / Reins?

I spared myself by NOT watching it. (Personal 'denial'.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Omnis combibo

Quote Originally Posted by fredrock View Post
    All that sounds pretty good but there is a very large problem you seem to be unaware of. The large problem? Obama works for the same people that Bush worked for. An elite club, and we're not in it!

Get ready for some really hard times ahead. When the government has taxed everyone to the point of revolt, it will begin printing money to fund the machine, or it may just print money until the dollar crashes and then begin to tax everyone to the point of revolt to pay for all the debt we will owe to our foreign creditors. Either way, the train has left the station and Obama is no more the answer than Bush was.

Fred
    I did watch, I was in a restaurant for lunch, and about 1/3 of the people clapped when he was sworn in. The speech was flat - alot of promises and rhetoric, but no plans. Even Ron Paul had mentioned that Obama had been groomed for years, and he was "their man", not sure who exactly he meant. Kind of reminds me of the false preachers, getting the audience into a frenzy, and high emotional state, where they then move to perform "miracles" when they are in an easily manipulated state.

People are not rational when emotional.

I hope that he does restore the constitution, re-enable our freedoms and stop wars and injustice (torture, etc). But my feelers are out and from the bits and pieces that I've heard today (email new stories, current events) I think we are being setup to expect another false flag type event. That would drive the economy over the cliff and only a new currency, regional or world, would "save" us all from disaster. Then again, maybe I need a new tin foil hat....

I'm as happy as a puppy with two peters to see Bush and Cheney sulk out of town. Good f-in riddance! It's like finally kicking an 8-year long flu.

I liked Obama's speech. It's about damned time that we restore the rule of law and our constitution. I'm normally cynical as hell, but I will allow myself to indulge in some optimism for at least one day.

Quote Originally Posted by faithnotwork View Post
    I did watch, I was in a restaurant for lunch, and about 1/3 of the people clapped when he was sworn in. The speech was flat - alot of promises and rhetoric, but no plans. Even Ron Paul had mentioned that Obama had been groomed for years, and he was "their man", not sure who exactly he meant. Kind of reminds me of the false preachers, getting the audience into a frenzy, and high emotional state, where they then move to perform "miracles" when they are in an easily manipulated state.

People are not rational when emotional.

I hope that he does restore the constitution, re-enable our freedoms and stop wars and injustice (torture, etc). But my feelers are out and from the bits and pieces that I've heard today (email new stories, current events) I think we are being setup to expect another false flag type event. That would drive the economy over the cliff and only a new currency, regional or world, would "save" us all from disaster. Then again, maybe I need a new tin foil hat....
    If the Hollywood crowd can save our Nation we should be fine.
    I haven't seen that many entertainers since the Oscars.
    Maybe we can sing and dance our way out of this.
    When Hollywood speaks I usually duck and the fact that they are so in to this guy lead me to believe that he might not have the answers, just the WOW Factor. I sure hope I'm wrong.

Hey Sue-Z-Q. Very interesting stuff about Lincoln and Vandalia/Springfield. I've been meaning to PM you. Will get to it soon.

I remember listening to GHWB's inauguration speech, ("Thousand points of light... kindler, gentler nation...blah blah...") and being moved by it. I believed that he was a decent man and that he meant what he was saying. I was quickly disabused of that notion, and learned the reality of the two-faced nature of politicians.

I promised myself never to get caught up in anybody's cult of personality. Over the next 20 years, I've built up a cynical shell, mistrusting pretty much all politicians, pundits, talking heads, etc.

I've known about Obama since 1994, and am familiar with the Housing Projects where he was an organizer. I met Obama once (well I shook his hand in a long line of people) when he was running for U.S. Senate. He is clearly the "pick of the litter", and was chosen/groomed by the powers (as RP said).

I wish him the best. The poop storm is flying straight at us, and I really hope that he can navigate this ship of state.

At the very least, I can listen to him speak without my ears bleeding from the mangled syntax. [In Bush's farewell party for staff, he used the word "shruck" as the past tense of "shirk"]. And I have a bit of a shine for his wife and daughters.