Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

This " Thing " Of Ours
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This " Thing " Of Ours

Default This " Thing " Of Ours

I HAVE A BUDDY WITH 2 MID SIZE SAFES FULL OF SILVER IN HIS BASEMENT, HE CAN'T BOLT IT TO THE FLOOR....I TOLD HIM TO SHEEEERME IT WITH AXIL GREECE, OR KY JELLY SO NO ONE COULD GET A GRIP ON THEM....THEY WEIGH OVER 350 LBS EACH...LUCKY BASTARD-----any idea?????

can he drill hole in the floor , an bolt it down , they make drill bit for cement,
    Knowing the future direction and price of gold will be useless for anyone who invests in paper gold! In the near future "timing" will be nothing. What you are holding will be everything!"

Tell him to put a "biohazard" sticker on them, and a sign that says "Danger EBOLA virus inside"

main1event Guest

Heres the thing, anything can be moved no matter how heavy. If you give me a cart, I could easily tip a 350 or 600lb safe over onto a cart. I could be out of his house in 15 minutes if I knew where the safe was.

The best bet is to camoflauge the safe. Build a fake wall around it. A couple of 2 x 4s some paneling or sheetrock, perhaps a little paint and bingo your all done. If its in a concrete area, just buy some concrete blocks, cement a few and just grout the others. There are many ways to make it easily accessible, heck you could even make it so the blocks can open like a door.

Even if something is bolted to the floor all it takes is some patience to remove it from the floor. Instead of 15 minutes maybe 45 minutes.
    Last edited by main1event; 28th December 2008 at 14:42.

Hey Main, some good ideas, I thought of taking out the basement stairs...and go up and down by ladder...they would have to lift or crane it out of the basement.

I've heard that a concrete saw with diamond edge blade could cut right through a safe and take the top clean off.

At the very least.. put the safe in a closet with a bunch of cardboard boxes full of stuff, then cut out two sides of a cardboard box where it fits over the safe. A great disguise. That is what I did. At least, it makes me feel better.

Buy an old van, put it up on blocks, sell the engine. Put your metals in a footlocker inside, and cover it with junk and garbage. Throw in a few baby diapers for good measure. You won't even have to lock it then.

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    At the very least.. put the safe in a closet with a bunch of cardboard boxes full of stuff, then cut out two sides of a cardboard box where it fits over the safe. A great disguise. That is what I did. At least, it makes me feel better.

Hold on, hold on, let me write that down.....Closet.....Boxes.....

Guess I don't feel so good about it now that I just told the whole world where it was. Looks like I am going to have to come up with a new plan. Sucks to be me sometimes.