Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

The Expando Planet Model
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Expando Planet Model

Lightbulb The Expando Planet Model

The Expando Planet Model

I think that this is the real deal.

Between James McCanney's electric solar system theory and the HPH Expando Earth theory they may have the science nailed.

an excerpt follows...

"Also if the Expando Planet theory is correct, then it is expected that the ruptured surface of the planet should resemble a picture puzzle in that the various sections should fit exactly back together when the 'new parts' are removed. Anyone who has ever looked at a globe gets the idea that ALL the continents were once connected along all the edges. The standard explanation for this offered by academics is the idea of one giant continent called Pangaea in one giant ocean on the earth at the same size as it is now. This explanation is clearly wrong as it defies math in the form of the spherical trigonometry expressed in the coasts of the continents. In other words. It is not possible, on a globe that is the size of today's earth, to fit the continents back together. The curvature of the earth gets in the way. The edges do not fit when this is tried. But clearly, the coasts of the continents, just as with the edges of a torn piece of paper, look like they fit together. Indeed they do. Simply not at the current size of the earth. For the edges of the continents to snug together (at the continental shelves), the earth would have had to be only about one third its present size.

Would that size of earth work for dinosaurs? Well....not surprisingly, yes. Obviously dinosaurs existed as we have their remains. Further, while the dinosaur fossil distribution itself supports the Expando Planet model, we need only examine the blood pressure issue to satisfy ourselves that this is a valid example. Basically the 'dinosaur conundrum' is as follows: how is it possible that dinosaurs could live on earth at such great size (height and girth), when we know that the tallest animals now (giraffes) are at the far limit of blood pressure versus gravity. At less than 17 feet in height, a giraffe is safe and happy, but let is grow only another foot, and it will die as the pressure on the heart becomes too much as it tries to pump blood up that height. However, dinosaurs were seriously taller than 17 feet. If the earth did not have much reduced gravity during the time of the dinosaurs, then their vascular system could never have handled the blood pressures required to raise blood the great distance to their brains. The same applies for the really big dinosaurs with tremendous girth. Other issues as to how their 'bird bones' could have supported such great weights are also related to the gravity of earth issue. Various theories have been proposed that include gravity as a variable in earth's past. This is my assumption, and the mechanism that is favorable is the Expando Planet model. Dinosaurs could not live on earth today. They far exceed the limits of what current levels of gravity will allow for pumping blood via biological means. So? If the gravity was less during their day, what could account for it? One postulate that makes sense, is that the gravity was less, and it was due to earth being significantly smaller. As cited in the previous example of the continents as jigsaw puzzle. As an aside, at some point, expansion of the earth will reach levels which make it impossible for humans to exist for the same reason. We will all be too tall to pump blood to our brains. So look to your local politician, and take that as a warning as to humanities future....life without blood in the brain."
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

No, your assumptions would be incorrect if you are agreeing with this. It is certainly not the real deal. Allow me to explain.

Pangea doesn't defy "spherical geometry" any more than your theory. If your "expando" theory were to take place the earth would still be a sphere and the planets would still curve around it. If the fact that Earth is a sphere were a problem then according to that theory you would need the earth to be perfectly flat. It would actually be EASIER to fit the planets together if Earth was bigger because the land would flatten out (but still be ever so slightly curved to make a sphere). Also, keep in mind that the changes to the earth took place over millions of years. They ground against each other, were pushed over and under and sideways, folded up to create mountains, etc until they got to the shape they are now. If you smashed them back together again (yes smash, with earthquakes, as that is what massive plates like this do) then they would smoosh back into each other.

Giraffes have larger than normal hearts to increase the blood pressure to get the blood to their heads. Dinosaurs would be the same way. Your article assumes that all creatures have the same sized hearts, arteries, etc. We still have dinosaur like animals around today. Ostriches, Emus, Crocodiles, Komodo Dragons, Anaconda, etc.

At the end of the paragraph you posted it says that humanities future is looking towards some sort of change in the earth. I do not fear that, let me explain why. If the posted theory were correct, then while dinosaurs were around for millions of years, and humans only a few thousand then it must not be too big of a problem since by our million year mark we should be colonizing other planets already.

In sum, let me post this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29nXWYEx_js

SHB, sometimes when I read the things you post I can only believe your ultimate goal is to goad me into having a catastrophic aneurysm. So very many, many, many things are wrong with this.

1.) Hearts can become bigger and stronger, and indeed many animals have variable heart sizes today.
    2.) Where the hell is this mass coming from that made this planet increase from a third of its size?
    3.) Oxygen made up 30% of the atmosphere during most of the Jurassic, thus making it very easy for gigantism in various forms.
    4.) Way more points than I am interested in making

And finally...can you provide me a list of all the science teachers you ever had so I can systematically murder each and every one for failing you, and society at large, so very, very badly?

Quote Originally Posted by UmassSteve View Post
    And finally...can you provide me a list of all the science teachers you ever had so I can systematically murder each and every one for failing you, and society at large, so very, very badly?
    I'm pretty sure the science teachers are NOT the weak link in this equation.
    Caedite eos.

1.) Hearts can become bigger and stronger, and indeed many animals have variable heart sizes today.
    Oh? So why hasn't the giraffe been sent out for redesign?

Your remark reminds me of a physics class where we computed the exact speed at which a car would roll on a turn, and then some guy wanted to argue that rollover could be prevented by careful design of the suspension.

Atmospheric pressure is 14.7 pounds per square inch, which means that it can support a column of water a little less than 32 feet high. You can not redesign any part of that scenario. Animal muscle tissue is fairly strong but it has limits. In practice, the height of a giraffe's head seems to be the limit of a heart's bursting strength, allowing for normal living requirements, such as having to beat another giraffe with his horns to get a mate. The point of all this hand-waving is that no animal can have its head 32 feet above its heart, or anywhere near that limit. And some dinosaurs had necks longer than that.

BTW, there are some serious investigations into this general topic, based on ancient religious legends and myths. HERE is an introduction with pretty pictures, and HERE is the full blown analysis, everything from 9600 BC to 686 BC, based on astronomical observations and eye witness reports translated from hundreds of languages, with full references.
    My opinions might change.
    But I'm still right.

Quote Originally Posted by Prospector View Post
    Oh? So why hasn't the giraffe been sent out for redesign?

Your remark reminds me of a physics class where we computed the exact speed at which a car would roll on a turn, and then some guy wanted to argue that rollover could be prevented by careful design of the suspension.

Atmospheric pressure is 14.7 pounds per square inch, which means that it can support a column of water a little less than 32 feet high. You can not redesign any part of that scenario. Animal muscle tissue is fairly strong but it has limits. In practice, the height of a giraffe's head seems to be the limit of a heart's bursting strength, allowing for normal living requirements, such as having to beat another giraffe with his horns to get a mate. The point of all this hand-waving is that no animal can have its head 32 feet above its heart, or anywhere near that limit. And some dinosaurs had necks longer than that.

BTW, there are some serious investigations into this general topic, based on ancient religious legends and myths. HERE is an introduction with pretty pictures, and HERE is the full blown analysis, everything from 9600 BC to 686 BC, based on astronomical observations and eye witness reports translated from hundreds of languages, with full references.

As I mentioned in my previous post dinosaurs lived in an age when oxygen was 50% more of the atmosphere than ours. So that helps alleviate some of the problem. Two, the length you are talking about is for a vacuum pump, not for a heart. A heart pumping, with associated arterial pumping (yes, arteries pump blood to a certain extant through rhythmic pumping) can reach far higher heights because it does not need to create a vacuum. It simply constricts and pushes blood upwards without a vacuum. Its height limit is theoretically limitless so long as the heart can constrict even more powerfully. Which it can.

You're viewing the world through simplified and unrelated physics. In a vacuum pump we are constrained by physics. In a heart pumping with arterial assistance and an oxygen rich environment we are talking nearly limitless potential.

Nothing here requires some childish, uneducated theory that the earth was a third its current size.

How shall I put this?

If it is 32 feet up, it is also 32 feet down. The blood veins will collapse under the vacuum, and then the heart can't pump the blood up because the veins are collapsed.

And there still is the problem of veins rupturing under that much pressure. Lots of people die of ruptured veins and they are not even as tall as a giraffe.

BTW, I said nothing about one third diameter. That link I posted is awfully long, but it does go into that exact question. The explanation is too long to post here.
    Last edited by Prospector; 4th March 2011 at 06:07.
    But I'm still right.

Quote Originally Posted by UmassSteve View Post
    SHB, sometimes when I read the things you post I can only believe your ultimate goal is to goad me into having a catastrophic aneurysm.
    {snip}
    Well if you feel that way, click on this.
    But please, call your doctor first.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

I cant believe the OP of this thread is being taken so seriously lol.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...et+theory&aq=3

The theory illustrated. Note that the changes are computed according to the ages of the sea beds. The theory does not suggest any mechanism by which the planet could have expanded in this manner.
    But I'm still right.