Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Help Appreciated - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Help Appreciated

Default PMs, liquidity and the wife

Quote Originally Posted by cabtrom View Post
    I'm new and just wanted to run a post test to ensure that any real question I ask doesn't end up getting typed and then not posted anyways. But as long as I'm testing. Someone please tell me all my recent acquisitions of Gold and Silver have not been a wast of my money. I bailed on about half my petty cash from the safe and filled it up with what looks like a bunch of shiny paperweights. My wife thinks I'm loosing my mind. Someone reassure me that it will be a great investment.
    USD and most stocks will lose money, and if you are in bonds or long term investments, you aren't liquid.. with PMs you can always sell pretty easily to cash out for necessary expenses....

and you aren't alone with the wife unsure of your "new friend".,,

Quote Originally Posted by goldminer View Post
    My 2-cents plus don't neglect education; get all of it that you can because it will open a lot of doors and greater degree of financial success that will help you generate expendable FRNs that you can trade for metals down the road.
    Print this up for your personal use; you have my permission. I hope it helps you.

Developing A Plan & Acquiring Physical Gold and Silver

Important questions to ask:

1. Why am I trading to acquire metals…for what reason(s) do I want them?
    2. Am I in for the Long-term or the Short-term?
    3. How do I plan to budget my income to create discretionary monies that
    I can trade for metals?
    4. Which metals do I plan to acquire?
    5. Do I plan to hold physical metals, or trade for “paper”/”e” metals, or a
    combination of both? If the latter, what percentage of each?
    6. What forms of each metal do I want to own?
    7. What percentages (in ounces) of each form of metal do I plan to acquire,
    and by what ball-park future date do I want to have them in hand?
    8. Where do I plan to get my metals?
    9. How many Federal Reserve Notes do I plan to make available each week
    to trade for metals?
    10. Where do I plan to store the physical metals I acquire?
    11. Depending on location, what kinds of containers and what methods am I
    going to use to securely store my metals?
    12. Where do I plan to store my frequently changing written inventory of
    metals I hold?
    13. What trusted persons will I make privy to where I’ve hidden the inventory,
    that also reports the locations of my stored metals?
    14. Am I going to maintain and hide one or two copies of my metals
    inventory?

The “Rules”:

1. Acquire metals as a store of wealth for current and future security.
    2. The only PMs you own are the ones you hold in your hand.
    3. “Mums” the word!
    4. Don’t think of gold and silver as “commodities” and don’t think of trading
    for them in the short-term.
    5. Don’t think in terms of “buying” and “selling” metals. Rather, think in
    terms of “trading” them “in” and “trading” them “out”.
    6. Never chase a runaway stagecoach. It always comes back – sometimes
    not all the way, but it will retreat and this is the time to climb onboard.
    7. Cost-average all trades over the long haul, and consider acquiring on
    downward trends when spot is near or at the 200 DMA (Day Moving
    Average).
    8. Don’t look at spot prices unless and until you’re ready to trade.
    9. If you forget rule #8 it will hurt you.
    10. Plan safe and secure storage before you acquire any metals.
    11. When planning storage consider the possibilities of fire, metal detectors,
    and intrusive government.
    12. Store your metals in multiple locations and figuratively forget about them.
    13. Keep a precise written inventory of your holdings and where they’re
    located.
    14. Tell at least two trusted family members about the metals you have, and
    where you’ve hidden your inventory.
    15. Don’t track the value of your holdings. It doesn’t matter what their
    market value is, period. You aren’t going to use your holdings for
    collateral and what are you going to trade holdings for anyway, FRNs?
    Please!
    16. Trade first to get silver, then get gold.
    17. Consider avoiding platinum and palladium, and avoid pre-1933 U.S. and
    World Gold Coins unless you have numismatic interest, want to collect
    them, and know exactly what you’re doing.
    18. Cash & carry trading with no name and no paper or e-trail is the best
    policy.
    19. Diversity is the hallmark of a prudent investor.
    20. Bars are neither the most liquid nor the most frequently traded form of
    bullion.
    21. Consider avoiding 50 and 100-ounce silver bars, avoid all gold bars that
    don’t have an assay card, and limit the bars you acquire to only those
    produced by Engelhard, Johnson Matthey (JM), Credit Suisse, and Credit
    Pamp.
    22. Begin by trading to acquire pre-1965 U.S. 90% silver dimes, quarters, and
    half-dollars. Optimally first get dimes, then quarters and halves. Consider
    working to achieve a ratio of perhaps 50% dimes, 25% quarters, and 25%
    halves.
    23. While working to obtain the total amount of 90% desired, start acquiring
    name brand Englehard, Johnson Matthey (JM), and Sunshine1-ounce
    silver rounds and/or bars (depending on preference and premium).
    Additional choices might include generic rounds struck by A-Mark, Monex,
    U.S. Assay Office, Silvertowne, Pan American, Northwest Territorial Mint,
    and others that are frequently seen and thus highly recognizable. Also
    acquire 1- ounce U.S. Silver Eagle and/or 1-ounce Canadian Silver Maple
    Leaf modern bullion coins.
    24. Begin to acquire 10-ounce name-brand silver bars. Choose in order:
    Engelhard, Johnson Matthey, Sunshine, A-Mark, U.S. Assay Office, and
    Silvertowne.
    25. The desired ratio in ounces of 90% silver coins, rounds/bars, and U.S.
    Silver Eagles and/or Canadian Silver Maple Leafs, varies among
    individuals. Optimally a person should trade to acquire over time, the total
    amount of each form and ratio of forms that their plan calls for.
    26. When diverse forms of silver are in-hand, begin trading to obtain a mix of
    1-ounce and fractional-ounce U.S. Gold Eagles and/or Canadian Gold
    Maple Leafs, and think about acquiring South African 1-ounce gold
    Kruggerands and fractional ounce British gold Sovereigns that trade at a
    small amount over spot.

Private Ownership of Gold and Silver
    Copyright 2002, 2004, 2005, and 2006 by Boulder Productions

All rights reserved. This material may not be reproduced in whole or part, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, or otherwise including information storage and retrieval systems, without the express written permission from the publisher.
    21. Consider avoiding 50 and 100-ounce silver bars
    i am curious why you say this?.makes me a tad uneasy on my first silver purchase of 100 oz JM bars
    Last edited by harley1; 13th March 2009 at 08:35.

I imagine it has to do with fakes! 50's and 100's are big enough to get crafty with. Also , if silver exploded to say $50 like many predict, and you decided to sell the bars, the IRS will be notified by any retail dealer after 10k---kiss off a minimum of 28%.

Very well thought out responses.

Quote Originally Posted by fullsafe View Post
    I imagine it has to do with fakes! 50's and 100's are big enough to get crafty with. Also , if silver exploded to say $50 like many predict, and you decided to sell the bars, the IRS will be notified by any retail dealer after 10k---kiss off a minimum of 28%.
    this will not be an issue if i sell one at a time....would love to see 50.00 silver....i will gladly sell mine for for 5000.00-5500.00

what is a way to purchase ASE's from outside the US, without using ebay or paypal?

cheers

ccjoe is offline Senior Member Site Admin

Tulving, one dealer, does NOT notify anyone or anything when buying or selling.
    I agree with all the rules except I think accumulating 1000 oz. bars (strictly to trade) is the way to go> logistically easier.

Quote Originally Posted by hdmyg85 View Post
    Has anyone bought this type of sling shot before that holds the amo in the handle? http://www.liangdianup.com/sporting_1.htm
    this company has free shipping to anywhere in the world and they guarantee delivery to Australia. I heard that sling shots
    are ok to sell in Australia as long as you say they are being used to toss bait in the water when you go fishing, any truth
    to thatone?
    No way would you get a sling shot into Aust. I would be suprised if they would allow in a length of expandable rubber, what if such an item fell into the hands of 'terrorists', just think of the consequences
    "The bank hath benefit on the interest on all monies which it creates out of nothing." - Bank of England charter 1694

"the centralization of wealth in the hands of the state by means of a national bank with an exclusive monopoly" - Karl Marx, Communist Manifesto

Quote Originally Posted by harley1 View Post
    21. Consider avoiding 50 and 100-ounce silver bars
    i am curious why you say this?.makes me a tad uneasy on my first silver purchase of 100 oz JM bars
    I have not and will not buy anything bigger than 10 oz bars or 12 oz coins. I know many more pieces to deal with but that is a good thing because it would be easier to use as money and would be more liquid in any currency or asset I would like to purchase.

The big reason for me though is to cut down the chances of getting ripped off by counterfits.
    In a world of deceit telling, telling the truth is revolutionary.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by bullion_hunter View Post
    what is a way to purchase ASE's from outside the US, without using ebay or paypal?

cheers
    Best way is to find a person/friend that you can trust!