Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Difference in companies?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Difference in companies?

Question Difference in companies?

I'm a total newbee that is just about to make my first (very small) bar purchase LOL. What is the difference in the different companies such as: Johnson Matthey and APMEX?

Can anyone tell me what the top rated companies are and why?

I'm wanting to buy bars starting at 1oz and working my way up.

Quote Originally Posted by geckogizmo View Post
    I'm a total newbee that is just about to make my first (very small) bar purchase LOL. What is the difference in the different companies such as: Johnson Matthey and APMEX?

Can anyone tell me what the top rated companies are and why?

I'm wanting to buy bars starting at 1oz and working my way up.
    1. Silvertowne is a nice place to start because they offer free shipping on their Silver bars & if you want small quantities its good.

2. Apmex is good if you spend $2,000 or more because you can usually get a discounted price on Quantity, but shipping is usually $20 +

3. Westminster Mint has VERY LOW premiums, but charge you an extra 3% for Debit or Credit Card. Don't use a check when you buy from them...it will take you over a month to get your silver.

4. Provident Metals is a good place also but prices are a little high from what i've experienced.

HOPE THIS HELPS a little.

Start with SILVERTOWNE & then buy from WESTMINSTER, Then APMEX for LARGE PURCHASES.

I also like MONARCH METALS if you dig the HAND POURED SILVER...they will charge a 3% premium with card purchase though. thanks.

Thanks for the info, I ended up buying a 1 oz Johnson Matthey on eBay. I'm a little afraid of hand poured because I don't know how we would validate the content in the future(?).

all of what he said ^^^ and i would like to add you should check out scottsdale silver they have free shipping on orders over 500 bucks and decent prices for nice lookin silver. have fun buying

Scottsdale Silver is the best place to buy silver.

lol hell yeah man! i love scottsdale!!!

I really like Silvertowne. Good prices and free and fast shipping.
    Scottsdale annoyed me a while back when some of their 1oz bars came with the plastic open because they cut too close to the bars. The Scottsdale trademark is pretty though............

To OP:
    Here is my preferred list of brands, not counting govt. issued stuff. Starting with most preferred.
    1. Englehard (Preferably prospectors)
    2. Sunshine
    3. JM
    4. NWTM brand
    5. Apmex

In particular, I think the Sunshine brand is underrated. It is very nice stuff, they supply to the US Mint, and I like the designs. It is also hard to find around here, and you don't hear it mentioned a lot. Anything that is stamped "1 oz., AND .999 fine silver" is going to be OK, though.

Is there not a place locally you can source/buy silver (ie: coin shop or local exchange)? It is always best to buy local with cash (no paper trail) than to leave a trail by ordering online as well as saving S/H costs..........

I really like Silvertowne. Good prices with free and fast shipping.
    Scottsdale annoyed me recently when some of their 1oz bars arrived with the plastic open because they cut too close to the bars. Scottsdale does have a pretty trademark stamp though so they are good looking bars.