Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Is 48 ounces a good start for investing?

Thread: Is 48 ounces a good start for investing?

Default Is 48 ounces a good start for investing?

I'm 17 and don't make much money, but I'm trying to get as much silver as possible because I know the price is about to go way up. Right now I have another $230 and was wondering whether I should save this up until I have $700 for an ounce of gold, or buy silver with it. I was planning to buy 1oz of gold for every 50oz of silver I get.

buff Guest

If you want a huge return on your money you should be saving it to pay your college tuition. Nothing will earn more for you throughout your life.

About the price of silver...the last two or three years the price has tripled. Do not expect more. Expect less. Don't forget about saving for college.

Quote Originally Posted by Donkeydoesdallas View Post
    I'm 17 and don't make much money, but I'm trying to get as much silver as possible because I know the price is about to go way up. Right now I have another $230 and was wondering whether I should save this up until I have $700 for an ounce of gold, or buy silver with it. I was planning to buy 1oz of gold for every 50oz of silver I get.
    I buy silver and my approch to investing is I buy silver. The gold/silver ratio right now is about 56:1 thats 56 ounces of silver will buy 1ounce of gold. But that ratio will go back to 49:1 very soon and alot of people believe that it will go to 15:1 or even 10:1. Im a flipper. I will buy silver then when the ratio is right for my likeing then I will flip the silver for gold. I also keep in mind that gold will maintain your wealth but silver will make you rich. Silver is called the poor mans gold for a reason. That's my two cents.

Ditto...make H.S. learning and college #1. In the mean time if you can generate a few expendable FRNs pick up some liquid forms of Ag.

And IMO 48 oz. = 4 lbs = a VERY good start. Best of luck in your journey forward.
    Last edited by goldminer; 3rd September 2007 at 15:26.

I got 62 oz silver now and one gold. And I'm not going to college, I'm taking over bodyshop. I'm getting trained now.

Ardent Listener Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Donkeydoesdallas View Post
    I got 62 oz silver now and one gold. And I'm not going to college, I'm taking over bodyshop. I'm getting trained now.
    Yes, it's a good start. I wouldn't be surprised if you already have more silver than 90% of the people out there have. Just consider it a long term investment and don't put money into PMs that you will need over the short term.

silver is definatly a long term security to hold even if you need to pay off debt. If all you can do is buy 1 ounce a week keep the course and buy 1 ounce a week. Dont dump it unless it a must. Thats why buying 1 ounce a week is a good stratigy. If all you made was $100 dollars a week you should still be able every tic of the price of silver. the long run is very bullish. The price may still drop a little but in the long run the dollar willl continue to plumit and a in 3-5 years the price of silver will double if not more.

Forty eight ounces is a good start. One ounce is a good start. The important thing is to start. Watch the gold/silver ratio. Right now it is about 55 to 56. If it goes down below 45, swap your silver for gold. If it goes up, swap your gold for silver. It's a boring business, but you can double your holdings in a couple of years. It is absolutely the safest investment plan possible because you are always invested in hard goods.

Don't be misled by the assumption that college will increase your earnings. That depends on you, not the college. Lots of people go to college and end up driving cabs. If college is in your plans, fine. If not, get a cheap room within walking or biking distance of your work so you don't have to waste your money on a car. Spend your evenings at the library reading investment books. In a few years you will know enough to make a good safe investment and then you can confidently sell your metals to buy into the next bull market, whatever it is.
    My opinions might change.
    But I'm still right.