Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

silver treasury note? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: silver treasury note?

Quote Originally Posted by garydrumm View Post
    I've seen these on eBay. At $60 (was that including shipping charges, BTW?), for 4 oz's, that's $15/oz. That's not too bad. Art bars, which is effectively what this is, are about $4-6 over spot on eBay right now, so that's about average.
    I picked it up locally so no shipping and handling except for the gas to get to the shop.

I am not that crazy about it...maybe should have bought 4 rounds instead. Just trying to get a little variety in my stack. Thanks for the help.

chux03 Guest

You did fine @ $15 an oz no matter what it says on it.

My vice (in silver) are some of those old, small, odd shaped ingots that one occasionally sees. I got a nice 3.5 oz ingot stamped with the Sunshine logo on it (pick & shovel) that I found out was given away when that famous mine opened back in the 1920's. I paid...too much but it surely wasn't just for the silver content. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself every time I go to buy one of these oddball silver ingots. That, and I'll make it up on the other end, also comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by LETMYSILVERGO View Post
    if u are not sure, i'll give you 30 bucks for it.....U pay for the stamps.
    I am feeling better about it now. There is a $100 one going for $76.00 plus $3 shipping right now on ebay. It has 12 bids on it. So I think I will pass on your generous offer.

Quote Originally Posted by chux03 View Post
    You did fine @ $15 an oz no matter what it says on it.

My vice (in silver) are some of those old, small, odd shaped ingots that one occasionally sees. I got a nice 3.5 oz ingot stamped with the Sunshine logo on it (pick & shovel) that I found out was given away when that famous mine opened back in the 1920's. I paid...too much but it surely wasn't just for the silver content. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself every time I go to buy one of these oddball silver ingots. That, and I'll make it up on the other end, also comes to mind.
    Yeah, I like those odd shaped ones too. I went to buy one the other day that I had seen in my local guys case but I missed it. Someone else had already snapped it up. But I do want to add variety...more fun that way. I picked up a 10 ounce, 5 ounce and 1 ounce statue of liberty JM the other day in a wood box....pretty cool.

Wow, a $20 4 ouncer just went for $88 plus $3 shipping. Maybe I should put mine on there. Feeling MUCH better now.