Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Gartman says sell silver buy gold
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gartman says sell silver buy gold

Default Gartman says sell silver buy gold

Gartman of Gartman Gold letter agreed with talking heads at cnbc financial channel that one should sell
    silver and buy gold. unbelieveable...

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo View Post
    Gartman of Gartman Gold letter agreed with talking heads at cnbc financial channel that one should sell
    silver and buy gold. unbelieveable...
    Did they give reasons as to why?

All forms of self defeating behaviors are unseen and unconscious, which is why their existence is denied.
    Vernon Howard

Goldbugs, said no bubble in gold. Don't seem to understand everthing about silver.

Goldbugs, said no bubble in gold. Don't seem to understand everthing about silver.
    Gold has a much stonger marketing system than silver. Just listen to the radio talkshows advertisements. Lots of gold ads but few if any for silver. People tend to push that which they are selling. And the central banks of the world are pushing gold over silver too.

All forms of self defeating behaviors are unseen and unconscious, which is why their existence is denied.
    Vernon Howard

We're seeing of a lot of potential investors who just don't understand Silver...it's volatility, duality, divisibility and it's correlation to economic growth and as an asset class.

So apart from the excellent "marketing system" that Gold has, it is basically the 'dumb blonde' - it's easy! (gold hair...get it get it ??)
    You don't have to know much about it, just believe it protects you as a safe haven and hedge against inflation blah blah.

I'm not knocking Gold over Silver, and neither am I saying that Silver is a sophisticated hard asset investment, but I have been hearing more and more people saying that they don't understand it.

It's quite clear from a value perspective that Silver and indeed Platinum (in 2011) and Palladium will outperform Gold. Seems to me that all three white metals also have greater industrial applications than Gold. So they are not just relying on safe haven attributes to drive purchases.

So for now at least Silverbugs will continue to benefit from the Gold price correlation. But already China and India are increasingly turning to Silver as a protector and grower of wealth as Gold is outpriced.

Ardent Listener Guest

Good post K. I don't think it is so much a matter of gold being out-priced as that the industrial metals are needed for the emerging economies of the world. That includes copper and the other base metals too.

Hey AL, thanks!

Actually the current high Gold price is already manifesting itself in India with Silver as the substitute. I'm hearing many reports of commodity traders and investors making the switch to Silver now and more so in the coming months and the next wedding and Diwali seasons.

Interestingly though the demand is not for Silver jewellery - which is the tradition for Indian buyers of Gold.
    The Indians are buying more Silver coins and bars.

So perhaps this is where potential investors have trouble understanding it because there are so many price drivers from both its dual nature + substitutability as a precious asset (from Gold).

In the early part of this year (I can only comment on this year since I'm a late Silver bloomer!) Silver's dual price drivers seem to cancel each other out - one pulled it up, the other down. Now though the price driver winds all point north.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardent Listener View Post
    Good post K. I don't think it is so much a matter of gold being out-priced as that the industrial metals are needed for the emerging economies of the world. That includes copper and the other base metals too.
    Last edited by kvanar; 16th December 2010 at 21:12. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Ardent Listener View Post
    Yes, I agree. AND gold may be the metal of choice for use as money in the near future.. Silver can't be counted on for that in the semi long term because of it's industrial damand combinded with it's growing scarcity. Gold is not consumed much and has a steady supply. Perfect for money.

Oh, one more thing.... I DON'T suggest selling your silver. I'm still keeping mine for a good while.

Default A little Clarification....

SILVER IS MONEY....so is GOLD

Dennis Gartman and the other MORON on CNBC who said it was a good time to sell SILVER and buy GOLD, should listen to Eric Sprott who just started the PSLV or the Sprott Physical Silver ETF. Sprott states the 2000-2010 was the decade of GOLD, and 2010-2020 will be the decade of SILVER.

David Morgan of Silver-Investor.com went on a trip to Europe where a bunch of top investors where talking about gold and silver. When it was asked if they were buying GOLD...they chuckled and said, "GOLD?"....oh no "WE ARE BUYING SILVER".

Silver is an industrial metal...but it is also money. Who buys Copper Eagles, or Copper Maple Leafs, or Austrian Copper Philharmonics??? Anyone? No...its GOLD or SILVER of these coins.

There are a great deal of ANAL-ISTS out there putting out lousy information. Of course...this won't keep those who are ignorant enough to believe these CLOWNS...and sell their silver.

The Collapse of the US DOLLAR won't be pretty....it will end badly throwing the USA into a 3rd world status.