Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Want to buy gold..help please.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want to buy gold..help please.

Smile Want to buy gold..help please.

I am brand new to pm's and want to buy some gold. What is the best bang for my buck and the best place to get it? Is is better to buy 1/10, 1/20? Are Chinese pandas a good way to go? They seem to be the least expensive. I cannot buy in large quantities.( Appreciate the help. Awesome site you have here and I am happy to have found it.

Alright, I'll be the first to respond to your question. If you don't have a lot of $$$ to spend. Buy, Silver. It should have a sharp increase above and beyond what Gold will increase.

First if I were you, go to local coin shops/dealers, they usually will give you the best value. That's if you can even find any silver or gold.

Or you can shop APMEX, i seen they had some silver.

Thanks, but I have already bought some silver...old coins, rounds, bars, SAEs. I want to move into gold but do not know what form is the best. Don't get me wrong...I will continue to buy silver. I just want to buy a little gold.
    Thanks for the help.

Default Want To Buy Gold...Please Help

Welcome Zippy! Great advice in previous post. Silver is less expensive, BUT it's growth swing will be higher percentage wise compared to gold. I started my physical investment with gold. I still hold it, but physical silver is something that's poised to take off. Holding any PM is better than any stock certificate...

So look around in your local area. FIND a coin dealer or shops. Get to know the people. They are who will sell you which ever metal you choose as close to the spot price as possible.

Don't forget, to call around in different counties for other coin shops.

So you guys think I should just stick with silver 100%? I don't have a problem with that at all. Just wanted to add a little gold. I will just try to keep my eyes open for a good deal.

I have dealt with two dealers locally. I found junk silver for 8x face and 9x face. The guy that sold it to me for 8x face also sold me two silver rounds that were not real (my first purchases ever) Duh. I did not know better and I tend to be trusting (or stupid) . I think he felt bad about it and sold me the junk silver at a good price. I ended up taking the two fake rounds back to him and traded for Sivertownes. I never told him I knew they were fake...just let him get away with it. My bad. I will make sure they are not in his case next time I go back.

Anyway....thanks for the welcome!

8x or 9x dang, buy all you can!!

If you have a survivalist mentality like I do, going after the 1/10th of an ounce Canadian Maple Leafs would be the better choice over American Eagles as the premiums are really shooting up because the US Mint has stopped making them for the remainder of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Warrior View Post
    8x or 9x dang, buy all you can!!
    I did, I did. I bought all I could afford. The 9x guy called this afternoon and said he would save what he just bought. He is a collecter and likes the old rare stuff. I might try to trade some shield nickels that I have for his junk silver.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by thowze View Post
    If you have a survivalist mentality like I do, going after the 1/10th of an ounce Canadian Maple Leafs would be the better choice over American Eagles as the premiums are really shooting up because the US Mint has stopped making them for the remainder of the year.
    Yes, I most definetely have the survival mentality. That is what got me into it in the first place.

Thanks for the CML tip. I will check into it.