Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Want to buy gold..help please. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Want to buy gold..help please.

main1event Guest

I'd buy the cheapest possible. I have a ton of 2005 gold pandas. I believe some day because of their limited production that they will be worth much more. If Gold gets to $2500.00 an ounce there coins with collectibility will shoot up in price. If you can get the 1982 Gold Pandas, there were only 15,000 ever made. With 2 billion Chinese People that become collectors in the future they'll be looking to buy their Pandas back.

Quote Originally Posted by main1event View Post
    I have a ton of 2005 gold pandas.
    You know, that must be a bitch to store. If you would like, I will be happy to put some of that in one of my safes for you.

main1event Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cdavport View Post
    You know, that must be a bitch to store. If you would like, I will be happy to put some of that in one of my safes for you.
    Are you a Comex representative. LOL Well maybe not a ton, but I love my Pandas.

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    I am brand new to pm's and want to buy some gold. What is the best bang for my buck and the best place to get it? Is is better to buy 1/10, 1/20? Are Chinese pandas a good way to go? They seem to be the least expensive. I cannot buy in large quantities.( Appreciate the help. Awesome site you have here and I am happy to have found it.
    Welcome Zippy

I would not hesitate to buy gold Pandas, especially if you can get a better price than for eagles, maple leafs or kuggarands. I own lots of silver pandas and they generally bring a higher price than all other silver coins. And personally, I think they are the most beautiful of all the coins.

While I do agree with others here that the potential for gain is greater in silver than in gold, the volitility of silver is much higher and the potential for loss is also much higher. Just look at the charts for the past year. Gold is off its high in march by about 20% while silver is down over 50%.

I have continued buying silver all the way down and lowering my cost per oz average. But there have been days lately I wonder if I'm just throwing more good money into a bad investment. heh I owned Worldcom stock once so... But the people in this forum keep reminding me why i became a believer in the first place. Silver can NEVER go to 0 like worldcom did. It might take a year or two but one day I will be wearing a big silver smile again
    However, imho, It is always wise not to keep all your eggs in one basket. I will be investing in gold more than silver for the near term. Its good to have some balance. And i can hardly even find silver anymore.

Read this post if you already havent. Some very good rules to investing in pm's there. http://forums.silverseek.com/showthread.php?t=366

cheers

Talking Gold English Sovereigns

Gold English Sovereigns, that's what I buy in addition to Silver; to not put my eggs all in one basket. They are close to bullion in price (shop around), pre 1933 legal tender Gold coins 22K and close to .25 oz. They are one of the most widely recognized and accepted Gold coins, carried by U.S. fighter pilots in desert storm and during WWII as emergency funds. They can be had for about $215.00 with gold about $800.00, check out your local coin shop for competitive prices, or Apmex on line........
    Check out the coins history on line; it's a neat little coin!!!!

Thanks everyone. That is just the advice I was looking for. I appreciate you all taking the time to reply.

I have to admit I have only glanced at the gold available in my local coin shop...not sure I trust that guy anymore after what he did but I will look at what he has. I do have someone that can check it for me.

Would love any more tips and will check out what was suggested.