Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

November 2010 SLV Trading Contest
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: November 2010 SLV Trading Contest

Default November 2010 SLV Trading Contest

Interesting start to a pivotal month.

NV0410.jpg

The contest is free to join and play.
    The stock trading conditions are close to real online trading, except there is a 20 minute delay in getting the transaction receipt.

Daytraders used to instantaneous gratification may be frustrated, but compared to 20 years ago before the internet when all you had was a telephone line to your broker and tomorrow's newspaper, this simulation is really nice and friendly.

Rogwhore, fly away as you lied you would, liar.

Altruistic - "A belief in or practice of disinterested or selfless concern for the well being of others"

Inflating oneself to appear better than others, to feel the need to help disadvantaged, and justify self importance; is egotistical. Fly fly away.

Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    My very big stash is much higher than everyone listed here. Why am I even here in this forum ? Well, I feel such an altrustic need to help - that must explain it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default $26

The burning question,
    will it close over $27?

Secondly,
    will the shorts be waiting for a dip back to $26?

Does the short covering (buying) imply others are shorting?
    Or do the market makers handle it?
    My guess is the MMs are taking it up the wahzou.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Default Now 58

$26.71 spot = $26.13 SLV
    $26.70 spot = $26.12 SLV
    $26.69 spot = $26.11 SLV
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone

Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    My very big stash is much higher than everyone listed here. Why am I even here in this forum ? Well, I feel such an altrustic need to help - that must explain it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    There is the door, kindly GTFO. No one asked you for your help or your info. Take your nuanced altruism, and shove it where your "very big stash" is...

Now, as to the trade sim, it seems pretty exciting this month. Have we seen the end of teen silver? I honestly hope so, maybe the few coins i have will help me out in a jam.
    Last edited by Xine; 5th November 2010 at 21:28.

Default This 20 minute delay kills me.

I pulled the trigger on 2600 shares @ 26.05-26.07 at 10.01.

In the next minute it went to 26.13.

Heck I was cutting it close, and the thing might not execute.

I'll know in a minute.

Default I got REAMED.

$26.18

The highest trade in the (up to) 2 minute window following my click it seems.

That was the worse yet.
    Market orders

Looking and feeling this morning, I was waiting for the dip to go "all in".

I looked at that anemic dip to $26.04 and said to myself, "That's it?".

After fiddling around to figure out how many shares was exactly "all in", I pulled the trigger:
    Code:
    Order # - Order Date & Time - Trans. Date & Time - 
    Type - Symbol - Qty - Order Price - Exec Price - Com.
    64414130 - 11/8/10  10:01 AM  - 11/8/10 10:21 AM - 
    Buy - SLV - 2,600 - Market - $26.18 - $7.00
    Those few seconds of fiddling cost me about $300. I expected to pay $26.07 not $26.18.

My holdings in SLV ended up being right at 199.6% of equity.
    If the trade had resulted in over 200% it would not have executed.
    But because the other portion of the account was in SLV it covered the buy at that blip price,
    a price that does not even show up on the Yahoo daily chart. Felt bad for about an hour.
    Now the same shares are only 192% of equity!

TODAY'S RESULTS

SLV is definitely the easy way to play paper, last season, this season, and the next.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTAQ77MsIck
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Yippikyokyay!

28 FRN SLV
    mark

I was up over $30,000 at one point on the 9th.

Then I rode the bitch all the way down while some of you smartly traded.

As a result I was only up $3,000 on Wednesday.
    About $10K behind.

The only way that I could win this month's contest was to play the old options expiry game,
    so I went short on Wednesday morning, see the blue line on the graph. (You guys can thank me later.)

Now if it were not for the contest I'd never had gone short,
    just gotten out until I thought the price was at the bottom.
    You'd have to be nuts or a bankster to actually go short on silver in this market.

Now there's no way that I can win this month.
    I still expect the $6 up days very soon.
    So I just covered and will go long.

I was tempted to hold the short and see if I could get a negative account balance by the end of the month.

Perhaps in the other contest.