Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

usa vs canada vs money
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: usa vs canada vs money

Default usa vs canada vs money

in the usa a man walks into a bank and pays off his mortgage with pennies, the bank says thank you very much

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml

dude should have gotten a copper penny sorter on ebay, but whatever...

In canada, a man walks into a bank with a $20 silver coin, the bank says get lost

http://www.thestar.com/business/arti...y-the-hard-way

Canada's sort of a strange place, eh?

Are there really any governments that you can trust - really? Just because their official mint stamps coins, and marks them as legal tender for a certain amount of dollars, doesn't mean that said coins are really worth that. Which is maybe an omen of things soon to come: That their paper fiat currency will one day soon not really be worth what's printed on it. Maybe government is all one cruel joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Xizang View Post
    Are there really any governments that you can trust - really? Just because their official mint stamps coins, and marks them as legal tender for a certain amount of dollars, doesn't mean that said coins are really worth that. Which is maybe an omen of things soon to come: That their paper fiat currency will one day soon not really be worth what's printed on it. Maybe government is all one cruel joke.

perhaps some will understand the nature of this beast, for it is the creation of man and it feeds on the corruption and lies.

There is no joke, and in the end very few will be laughing. I have seen the future, I have seen the past.

A preterist view is the stamped image of the emperor's head on every coin of the Roman Empire: the stamp on the hand or in the mind of all, without which no one could buy or sell.

Today the mark symbolizes the all-embracing economic power of the ruling elite, whose coinage may bear their image

Every single day people use tokens that bear engraven or stamped images of their emperors.

Each transaction is a subtle reminder that you can only advance yourself economically by playing their game.

The game, the game,

When the rules of the game are all mine for the making, you can cheat all the same but in the end you're mine for the taking.

I read the mortgage penny story. To me, it sounded like the guy called the bank ahead of time, and explained the situation. The bank smelled a PR deal, (they were right), and agreed. I'll have to admit, banks aren't set up to handle bullion. Even though it should be the law that they do, if it's legal tender.

LOL......Twat. What did MSB pay $80 for? This is one of the weirdest threads in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
    I read the mortgage penny story. To me, it sounded like the guy called the bank ahead of time, and explained the situation. The bank smelled a PR deal, (they were right), and agreed.
    Agreed.
    Small Town USA needed another feel-good story for their daily rag.
    Last mortgage payment...crippled wife...bad press NOT to accept that deal!
    He also gave the bank a ONE MONTH notice! LOL!

I'll have to admit, banks aren't set up to handle bullion. Even though it should be the law that they do, if it's legal tender.
    The RCM states that banks will accept NCLT bullion if arrangements are made between them and the bank by the account holder.
    I'm sure some deal could be conceived given the same one month time frame as above.

What did MSB pay $80 for? This is one of the weirdest threads in a while.
    Not sure what I paid $80 for...I know what I traded $20 for...and what I've sold for $40+...and how I've enjoyed a 50% net profit.
    I guess jealousy brings out the weird in simple people such as the OP.

Besides all that, the story is one big mathematical error; typical of the low education/intelligence level of mcmercia.

Was it 62,000 pennies, or was it 800 pounds of pennies?
    The two are definitely NOT equivalent.

Too bad it took him 35 years to pay off a $50,000 mortgage!
    With a (presumed) monthly payment of between $620 and $1,300, depending on which penny measurement is used -- count or weight.
    No wonder so many mcmercians are poor.

Oh, well.
    At least you can still legally murder people with guns! Yee haw! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by maplesilverbug View Post

Not sure what I paid $80 for...I know what I traded $20 for...and what I've sold for $40+...and how I've enjoyed a 50% net profit.
    I see your not only Canadian, but Jewish as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rush2112 View Post
    I see your not only Canadian, but Jewish as well.
    LOL!! And he's a bad representative to both. I may have been critical of you Canucks, but there are many I like. Geddy Lee and Steve Nash to name a couple.

In regards to the second link, who would in their right mind take their silver into a bank to get face value whether it was a pre-65 coin or an ASE. For f*cks sake if you need cash that badly just sit on a freeway off-ramp with a sign and beg for it. It beats taking any kind of a loss on the coin, let alone to a bank! Maybe this guy just spent too much on his stash and was left with no cash.....

Maybe I need to re read those stories. I missed the part where his mortgage was only $50K. Yeah, 35 years to pay that would be an awful long time, huh? In the other story, I did not notice that it said the guy had a 1/4 oz.coin with a $20 face value. They haven't made those, have they? That means 1 oz. would have a Face Value of $80. Unlikely. In both cases, though: when has anybody ever known the newspaper to get things right, MSB? They can't even get spelling and grammar close sometimes. 800 LBS of pennies/200 pennies, same thing, close enough.......my guess on the other guy is he needed cash quick for more weed......or already smoked the weed and needed a snack.

Quote Originally Posted by rush2112 View Post
    I see your [sic] not only Canadian, but Jewish as well.
    I see you have no understanding of the basics of the English language.
    Oh, well.

Not Jewish, but if you are implying that because I've made a profit buying and selling, that makes me Jewish in some form or fashion, then so be it.
    I'd rather be "Jewish" than a fat, stupid, poor mcmercian.

Congrats to you for being the first Canuck on my ignore list!