Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Nouriel Roubini: "YOU CAN`T EAT GOLD" > So you eat dollar bills, gold cartel whore?

Thread: Nouriel Roubini: "YOU CAN`T EAT GOLD" > So you eat dollar bills, gold cartel whore?

Thumbs down Nouriel Roubini: "YOU CAN`T EAT GOLD" > So you eat dollar bills, gold cartel whore?

Read my previous thread about Roubini:

RED ALERT! DISINFO GUY HERE > N. Roubini: "Dollar, Franc May Beat Gold in Recession"

http://forums.silverseek.com/showthr...Recession-quot

now you got to love the Gold Cartel whore Nouriel Roubini

piece of zerohedge.com

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/rou...e-did-december

Rouibini has never been much of a fan of gold. Which is why we were not too surprised when we read RGE's latest recommendation on the precious metal, which, as expected was to take profits. Doctor Realist says: "September may be a good month to take partial or full profits for an investor with a long gold position. Alternatively an interested investor could buy December put options." Of course, had RGE clients followed the good Doctor's advice back from December 2009, there would have been no profits to be had. To wit: "Investors should thus be wary of getting the gold bug and being stuck with this barbarous relic. The recent swings in gold price—up 10 percent one month, down 10 percent the next—prove the point that gold has little intrinsic value and that most of its price movements are based on beliefs and bubbles. As an insurance policy against the tail risk of eventual inflation, it may be useful to hold a small amount of gold in one’s portfolio, but stocking up portfolios with a fiat currency that has marginal practical use, a zero nominal interest rate, high storage costs, and the price of which is subject to volatile whims and bubbles is totally irrational. If you want to hedge against inflation, stock up on Spam or other canned food or buy futures on commodities that have more physical uses and consumer demand....Unlike other commodities, it has little intrinsic value. Much like a fiat currency, gold’s value is based largely on the irrational beliefs of investors. In a depression or near depression, one would be better off stockpiling canned food and other commodities like oil that are useful for riding out Armageddon. You cannot eat gold or burn gold." Ah yes, the good ole "can't eat gold" argument. Yet somehow, despite gold's indigestible qualities, it is precisely gold which today hit an all time high once again, despite RGE's December note and a chorus of other infidels screaming for gold's metaphoric blood. We expect to hear ever more pundits to attempt to top tick the market. Will they succeed? Sure, if the starting sample is a few thousand, one will always be spot on. Pure statistics.

Ardent Listener Guest

Economist like Rouibini do everything in their power to razzle -dazzle the public into believeing that only they can understand the economy. The truth is that they are paid to distort the facts so this shell game we call the economy might continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardent Listener View Post
    Economist like Rouibini do everything in their power to razzle -dazzle the public into believeing that only they can understand the economy. The truth is that they are paid to distort the facts so this shell game we call the economy might continue.

Indeed. This guy was wrong about gold so many times... And he still keeps spreading disinfo.

I used to admire this guy. HE predicted correctly the incoming damage of this crisis.
    But later, it seems he was bought by powerful people-.

Ardent Listener Guest

Quote Originally Posted by strongman shelford View Post
    I used to admire this guy. HE predicted correctly the incoming damage of this crisis.
    But later, it seems he was bought by powerful people-.
    It's every man for himself. They buy him a $70,000 car and a couple of chicks in the back seat and what would he have to say that would stop the tide from coming in?

I am writing again to nouriel roubini
    read this

http://www.globaldashboard.org/2008/...uriel-roubini/

http://www.globaldashboard.org/2008/...uriel-roubini/

he likes the parties !

well done nouriel!

but stop talking BS ON GOLD!

ROUBINI TEAM SEES GOLD WITH POTENTIAL UP TO 1350u$S Q3

THEY ANSWERED MY EMAIL

Ardent Listener Guest

ROUBINI TEAM SEES GOLD WITH POTENTIAL UP TO 1350u$S Q3

THEY ANSWERED MY EMAIL
    That's nice that they did, but what else could they say?

They are not allowing me to publish the answer

they said that silver will underperform gold in H2 ( whick is wrong)

gold range H2 : 1150- 1350

economic growth slowing.

they never replied to ROUBINI'S failed predictions about gold. just gave me their free outlook for precious metals.

I am 100% sure that they will watch their tongue next time.

Since they are wrong again ( silver is outperforming gold) I hope they don`t talk DOWN ON GOLD OR I WILL COME BACK IN FULL REVENGE if they give the people again failed predictions.

The financial expert who replied my email was a lady and she was very polite. So I will forgive them this time.

But I don`t want to see Roubini again, who is really smart saying stupid things about gold on the media.

Indeed. This guy was wrong about gold so many times... And he still keeps spreading disinfo.
    Replace the word gold with 'Silver' and the name Roubini with Butler? Naw. Who would do such a thing in our pristine Silver market?

Matthew C. Shelley
    Commodity Broker

As always: Trading in futures and options is very high risk investing. You can lose all or more of the money you invest. Only risk capital should be used.