Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

USA - Check Your Change
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USA - Check Your Change

Default USA - Check Your Change

Economy is get tough in the US. People are scraping together their coin change to make every day purchases.
    Earlier this year I was given a '63 Washington Quarter.
    Today out of twelve cents change I received along with one of those fancy new Fed Shield pennies:
    1 Wheat Penny
    and
    1- 1960 Roosevelt Dime

So my twelve cents change became just under a $1.50 usd increase in my stash.

I've come across more 90+% coinage this year than the last 4 years combined.

KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN. It's out there for free.
    Gb

LUCK favors the PREPARED darling. - "Edna Mole"

ATTENTION Liberals and Progressives - The path to HELL is paved with good intentions.
    ( The USA is certainly spiraling in that direction)

"The future ain't what it used to be". - Yogi Berra

Search "Coin Roll Hunting".
    Caedite eos.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldbrix View Post
    Economy is get tough in the US. People are scraping together their coin change to make every day purchases.
    Earlier this year I was given a '63 Washington Quarter.
    Today out of twelve cents change I received along with one of those fancy new Fed Shield pennies:
    1 Wheat Penny
    and
    1- 1960 Roosevelt Dime

So my twelve cents change became just under a $1.50 usd increase in my stash.

I've come across more 90+% coinage this year than the last 4 years combined.

KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN. It's out there for free.
    I have noticed that as well.
    One wheatie last week, two yesterday.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Quote Originally Posted by maplesilverbug View Post
    Search "Coin Roll Hunting".
    Yeah, I tried that a few years back with no success.
    My luck seems to be from the Cash Register.
    I have 20 pennies I did not pack around yesterday. Checking them I found 5 to be pre 1982s.
    So I throw them into the Copper Penny Stash I keep.
    Gb

ATTENTION Liberals and Progressives - The path to HELL is paved with good intentions.

zr4 is offline Silver Seeker Senior Member Site Admin

A few months ago, at the bank I always glance at their coin holder, and noticed out of the four in the half spot that two didnt have the copper sandwich. Got a '64, and '69 for $1.00.

Good Looking Out zr4

Something I hadn't considered before.
    Gb

A few months ago, I got a silver dime from a self-service checkout at a grocery store. I have tried, for months, to acquire quarter/dime rolls from banks, dump them into Commerce/TD penny arcades, and keep the silver. The only problem I had is that I never got any silver. The amount of time and effort may not be worth the occasional reward of a $3 or $4 coin.
    Check out
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for original content on the silver market.

question: does anyone have an estimate/guesstimate as to what % of quarters in circulation are 1964 or earlier

My dad owns 2 self-serve car washes and I mentioned this to him today.
    He's going to go through the quarters next time he collects, but just wondering... is it 1% or more like .01%. Would it be a worthwhile endeavor?

WAYYYY less than 1%...maybe even less than 0.01%. I would say of the TOTAL amount of existent 90% junk, there may be 1% in public circulation. So that is 0.01% of 1%The rest is hoarded by wholesalers, private dealers and the collecting public. This is just a personal estimate...I don't have any data to support these numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by balou2 View Post
    WAYYYY less than 1%...maybe even less than 0.01%. I would say of the TOTAL amount of existent 90% junk, there may be 1% in public circulation. So that is 0.01% of 1%The rest is hoarded by wholesalers, private dealers and the collecting public. This is just a personal estimate...I don't have any data to support these numbers.
    yeah, I doubt there's actual figures or official stats out there, just trying to get a feel for it from folks who have experience looking for the 90%
    your reply helps. thanks!