Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Time for me to bail....its been real but not real fun
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for me to bail....its been real but not real fun

Default Time for me to bail....its been real but not real fun

Im selling today....all my high bought silver(which is 90% of it),and will buy back in when its 12$ or so again.....congrats to patients

Quote Originally Posted by augernaut View Post
    Im selling today....all my high bought silver(which is 90% of it),and will buy back in when its 12$ or so again.....congrats to patients
    Big mistake!

And it's "It's been real, and it's been fun, but not real fun"

thanks for your thoughts silverhawk,but its done.and i feel great about it....Ill see you guys (gals) at 12$

Wow, that's gutsy. Putting you're faith behind the Fed and its efforts to re-inflate the currency. I hope you have no regrets. I for one am not that brave and would be petrified of finding myself in the situation of facing the question in the future . . . "what if I only held on?"

But you gotta do, what you gotta do. Hope you find somewhere safe to invest the cash. Are you paying down debt or re-investing somewhere else? Farmland would be next on my list of things to buy after erradicating debts.
    "You must be the change you want to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi

thanks for your thoughts silverhawk,but its done.and i feel great about it....Ill see you guys (gals) at 12$
    Only an idiot would say that. 12? Do you believe in Santa Claus too? The system is falling apart you moron. 1200 is more like it.
    Silver Coins -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And syncronistically, I bounced over the maxkeiser.com and saw this article from Bloomberg:

Burry, Predictor of Mortgage Collapse, Bets on Farmland, Gold

Michael Burry, the former hedge-fund manager who predicted the housing market’s plunge, said he is investing in farmable land, small technology companies and gold as he hunts original ideas and braces for a weaker dollar.

“I believe that agriculture land -- productive agricultural land with water on site -- will be very valuable in the future,” Burry, 39, said in a Bloomberg Television interview scheduled for broadcast this morning in New York. “I’ve put a good amount of money into that.”

Burry, as head of Scion Capital LLC, prodded Wall Street banks in early 2005 to create credit-default swaps to bet against bonds backed by the riskiest home loans. The strategy paid off as borrowers defaulted, letting his investors more than quintuple their money from 2000 to 2008, according to Michael Lewis’s book “The Big Short” (Norton/Allen Lane).

Burry, who now manages his own money after shuttering the fund in 2008, said finding original investments is difficult because many trades are crowded and asset classes often move together.

“I’m interested in finding investments that aren’t just simply going to float up and down with the market,” he said. “The incredible correlation that we’re experiencing -- we’ve been experiencing for a number of years -- is problematic.”

Still, it’s possible to find opportunities among small companies because large investors and government officials focus on bigger ones, he said. He is particularly interested in small technology firms.

“Smaller companies in Asia, I think, are neglected,” he said. “There are some very cheap companies there.”

(Continued)

Hey there's no such thing as a bad profit.

But, selling NOW, with all the things going on for silver? With even the MSM picking up on silver manipulation and the attractiveness as an investment?

I think that was a very, very bad call.

Up to time to prove who was right or wrong. Good luck whatever, but you'll only see $12 with a time machine imo, if you find one, bring me back some monster boxes

. . . then I happened to run into this:
    Dangerous Defeatism is taking hold among America's economic elites
    The US economy has slowed to stall speed: successive quarters of 5pc growth, 2.7pc, and 1.6pc (to be revised down), the worst recovery of the post-war era. Such is the crush of debt. While last week's data was less bad than feared, it was still awful. Manufacturing orders fell to the lowest in 15 months. Some 54,000 jobs were lost in August and the broad U6 gauge of unemployment rose from 16.5pc to 16.7pc. The US needs to create 150,000 a month just to stay even. The social depression is getting worse, not better...

. . ."I really don't think there is a lot the Fed can do," said Harvard's Martin Feldstein.

"The benefits of additional QE are quite small," said Stanford's John Taylor, of the Taylor rule.

"The US has run out of bullets. More QE is not going to make any difference," said Nouriel Roubini, our Dr Gloom.

Augernaut is that a joke?? You can't be serious.

ccjoe is offline Senior Member Site Admin

I might also cash in 7 100 oz bars @ 20.30 today and if it goes to 21 mayber another 3 monster boxes 2 2010 ASE's and 1 2010 Maples all unopened.
    That will still leave me with over 200 lbs. and over 50 K profit this year in less than 10 months (125% or so annualized)
    My hope is realistically a correction to 18 and then 100% of EVERYTHING I own to physical silver, except my commodities account, and THEN get the low fat popcorn out.
    WHO THE HELL REALLY KNOWS? I't all hedging and taking the profits when you can get them rather then just HOPING like rog and all the talkers.