Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

August - SLV Trade Simulator Contest
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: August - SLV Trade Simulator Contest

Lightbulb August - SLV Trade Simulator Contest - Winner gets.......

I will reset the trading simulator for August next friday July 30th.

If you are new to the simulator, you can join at anytime during the contest, here http://vse.marketwatch.com/Game/GameOverview.aspx
    This thread will be used to discuss the game and post updates on the standings.

You start with $100,000 and you can trade SLV long or short. You can ONLY trade SLV.
    Whoever has the highest amount at the close of trading on Tuesday August 31, wins.

Send me a private message and I will send you the link and password for your free sign up.
    Last edited by MetalWorx; 31st July 2010 at 14:35.

Show your trading skills

Thumbs up Although not as generous as davincij15, you could win a Franklin.

Don't let MetalWorx or I intimidate you, you do have a remote chance of winning.

And if you do, I'll send that Franklin to you
    as the August SLV trading contest winner (to the USA and Canada only).

Enter now and practice today.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Lightbulb Good idea resetting the simulator after trading is over today.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWorx View Post
    I will reset the trading simulator for August next friday July 30th.
    That way if I want to have a trade execute at the open Monday, I can.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone

The simulator is reset.

After uploading the attachment then attach the picture to your post like this.

I would like to join. This is going to be easy

Quote Originally Posted by drendo4u View Post
    I would like to join. This is going to be easy
    Yes it is, easy and fun.
    Unless you lose, then like in real life, it is worrisome.

Once you join the game then you will be able to see my pending trades and trade history.

don't worry about me. I will take that Franklin off of your hand for you

Quote Originally Posted by drendo4u View Post
    don't worry about me. I will take that Franklin off of your hand for you
    That's the spirit!

This frees me to trade stocks other than SLV over at the online traders forum

To the other forum member who had the audacity
    to tell me that I could not do what I said that I could do.
    Which was if I had the $25,000 funds for a daytrading account,
    then I could double the cash in 10 months simply by trading SLV.
    Pay attention, we're halfway there, it still looks feasible.

Code:
           monthly    cumulative
    March   3.22%      3.22%  
    April   5.67%      9.07%  
    May     20.98%     31.96%   
    June    14.52%     51.11%  
    July    1.58%      53.50%
    The key is not to lose.
    Unfortunately with the end of month cutoff on the contests that can easily happen.
    Also like at the beginning of July when I was reset out of my (correct) June position,
    one can miss out on moves beginning of month moves.
    I lost approximately 6% of gain then.