Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Illustrating the 'Power of Precious Metals', a grassroots effort. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Illustrating the 'Power of Precious Metals', a grassroots effort.

Lightbulb

Please see the amazingly on topic video linked in the new thread I had to create for it here.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Default Always On My Mind

I have that enterprise in my thoughts all the time heartbone. I'm always researching it. The Rep with the Sunshine Mint got back to me the other day. He said he found one of the dies that made the Idaho State Seal Medallion and is still trying to track down the other side that took care of the celebrate Idaho centennial side of the coin...so It's looking like SMI is in fact the controllers of that medallion. When/if he finds the other die....then I will make my move on the party that contracted them.

I know some Silversmiths (jewelry and art) and have thought about convincing them to branch out and get into coinage (specialty pieces), but I'm still kind of torn, as I am wondering if It's time for me to learn something more myself and get into building my knowledge on the subject, finding out what it's gonna take equipment wise and how feasible it would be for me to handle and go it alone. I do have some good ideas that I always thought deserved to be put in motion. Even if it's small time and I'm building it for myself in the beginning and taking on projects slowly and building a following. I think the idea you had in another thread is definitely something that should have a place in the near future and could very well catch on with people that are looking to alternatives.

Speaking of alternatives BTW.....good video showcasing movements from another part of the globe.

They seem to be waking up there...of course people from that part of the world have a long tradition and connection with gold and silver. It's just amazing to me how the shylocks have almost erased it from the American culture, in that such a small percentage of the populace understands it's historical role....they love their ATM and charge cards more I guess.

Curiosity will not kill this Cat!

Cool These were tempting me to make my first online bullion purchase.

Incuse Indian Dime
    Excellent in form and design.

High in price but I would be willing to speculate with 10 or 20 ounces.
    Then I saw it was sold out.
    I suppose too many others also thought it to be a decent enough deal as well.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone

Default found the source, now to dig up the cash

http://www.goldenstatemint.com/pricing-2.htm

Darn it I just saw their 100 oz. minimum.
    Oh well maybe next year.

Default I hope they never have to go to court.

http://sites.google.com/site/bartercoins/

I appreciate their thinking, especially the part:
    "The intended sizes of the bartering currency bullion coins are 5-oz, 2-oz, 1-oz, 1/2-oz, 1/4-oz, 1/5-oz, 1/10-oz, 1/20-oz, 1/50-oz, and 1/100-oz. All coins will be initially created in BU (Brilliant Uncirculated) condition, but if you are forcing a new set of dies to be created with a large order, you can opt to have them created in Proof condition (frosted letters and mirrored finish.) "

However I think that their design needs to be upgraded with a picture of something nice.

Isn't their use of the term 'coin' a no-no?

Exclamation If this were to ever happen, silver's value would boom!

Angry Unfortunately no one in Washington DC adheres to the constitution anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by silverheartbone View Post
    Since a dollar is defined by law as 371.25 grains of fine silver,
    then the actual IRS 1099 reporting threshold is about 10,000 FRN.

600 * 317.25 grains of silver equivalent

317 grains per dollar ~ 27 grams per dollar

( 27g/1$ ) * $600 = 16,200 g

16,200g * (31.1troy/1g) = 521 troy ounces

521 troy * ($18.14/1 troy) = $9449

which seems much more reasonable for a reporting threshold.
    Update:
    That 600 (constitutional) dollar
    IRS 1099 transaction reporting threshold is now up to 19605.23 Federal Reserve Notes.

Unfortunately no one in Washington DC adheres to the constitution anymore.
    Why would they when the citizens don't make them?

It's NOT the gov'ts responsibility to hold themselves accountable, it's YOURS!

Seems as though you are unemployed in more ways than one.
    Caedite eos.

Quote Originally Posted by silverheartbone View Post
    Update:
    That 600 (constitutional) dollar
    IRS 1099 transaction reporting threshold is now up to 19605.23 Federal Reserve Notes.
    Are you aware that there are current laws that supercede some of the ones from 200 years ago? For example, we now allow women and Blacks to vote. You may disagree with this, but the rest of us don't.