Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

The Dow Silver Ratio - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Dow Silver Ratio

Thumbs up Looking Good

12,201.59 / 43.38 = 281
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Thumbs up Now a quarter of the ratio compared to when I joined this forum.

12,479.88 / 46.98 = 266

Silver shines.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone

Cool It's been a while. Time for a data point.

12,143.24 / 39.90 = 304

Talking 300 ozs of Ag is too much to offer for an investment based on future economic growth,

with the economic future looking like it does right now.

11,444.61 / 38.32 = 298

I'm thinking that 17 to 18 ounces of silver should do it after the dust settles.

SHB you said: I'm thinking that 17 to 18 ounces of silver should do it after the dust settles.

That would fall into the normal range, given a gold/Dow at 1:1 and SGR at 17:1.
    However the current pricing of the DOW is severely skewed considering their PE ratios. Normal PE ratios are 7-12.
    What are current PE ratios of the DOW component stocks?
    Makes me wonder....is the DOW is overpriced or are PMs undervalued?
    Just thinking outloud.... LOL

Bob.

Thumbs up The Dow is now worth less than half the silver from when this thread started.

10,817.65 / 42.90 = 252

Question I hope it is past the local maximum.

11,103.12 / 31.27 = 355

Default I have had enough of this.

12,845.13 / 33.68 = 381

Quote Originally Posted by silverheartbone View Post
    12,845.13 / 33.68 = 381
    Personally, I think the swiss cheese to laundry detergent ratio is far more significant.

Lightbulb The Ag price "consolidation" period should be just about over. Time for a data point.

Essentially back to the value in the post of 16th February 2011.

12,814.47/ 32.19 = 398

Once the dollar devaluation starts to accelerate then the Dow index will also rise.

But hopefully not as fast as the PM price.