Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 134

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Pvc storage

Thread: Pvc storage

Default Pvc storage

Question:
    I'm seeing silver bars ( 10 oz NTR 10 pack ) sold in sealed PVC. This triggers alarms due to my coin collecting experience. Also, Silvertowne states plastic sealed, but doesn,t specify PVC content.

My concerns:
    When I sell, I expect a pristine coin or bar to be more desirable than one with road rash or environmental damage. Top condition at purchase and proper storage are important now, as I believe they will be when it's time to tender.

Thanks,
    NO$

I have 29 year-old, 1 and 10 ounce Englehard silver bars, still in their original heat? sealed PVC? sacks.

They look the same as they did in 1981.

No problemo.
    "I foresee little future in 'the price of silver', I see a huge future for 'the price in silver'." - heartbone
    "The truth is called hate by those who hate the truth." - K

Thanks for your response. I tried to post a link to an article about PVC damage to silver coins. Is posting a link a no-no? No success, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by NO$ View Post
    Question:
    I'm seeing silver bars ( 10 oz NTR 10 pack ) sold in sealed PVC. This triggers alarms due to my coin collecting experience. Also, Silvertowne states plastic sealed, but doesn,t specify PVC content.

My concerns:
    When I sell, I expect a pristine coin or bar to be more desirable than one with road rash or environmental damage. Top condition at purchase and proper storage are important now, as I believe they will be when it's time to tender.

Thanks,
    NO$
    I would just take them out of the packaging. Your LCS is going to give you the same price whether it's shiney new or you played hacky-sack with it.